Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah GS is streaming Detroits regional saturday

That's where I'm gonna be! :toot:

Gonna be taking this list:

quote:

Gold Squadron Pilot (26)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), R3-A2 (2), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Gold Squadron Pilot (25)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Gold Squadron Pilot (25)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), "Chopper" (1), Bomb Loadout (0), Twin Laser Turret (6), Guidance Chips (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (24)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Flew this in a pre-regionals tourney and practiced against a few other people who are going, and it's been doing really well thus far. It helps that I love flying Y-Wings and, more importantly, I love flying Y-Wings aggressively, and this is a list that really rewards doing everything possible to get and keep guns on target.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ConfusedUs posted:

“That’s how much health?”

Count: 3

Event hasn’t started yet.

Edit: 6

:lol:

I wish you luck!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Trip report from the Michigan Regional:

Day started well with two solid wins, one 100-0 over Brobots and one 100-50 over Bossk and a K-Fighter with Harpoons and a Contracted Scout. Unfortunately after that it fell apart, as I lost three straight against Imperial Aces (Kylo/Quickdraw/Countdown), Rey/Poe, and Asaji/Dengar. In all three I suffered from some bad luck, but I also made some critical mistakes that really hurt-especially in the match against the ImpAces, where I made, in retrospect, some boneheaded moves in allowing one of my Y-Wings to get peeled off and wiped out while (fruitlessly) sending everyone else after Kylo.

OH WELL, there's always next year.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
On the other hand, it seems like it'd be a lot of effort to come up with a fake that detailed only to make up "the shuttle has a hard stop and sloop" :shrug:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
This lull is terrible because I want my new X-Wings dammit! :argh:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

enigmahfc posted:

I'm sure they will give more info on the Reaper and Saw's U-Wing and poo poo, but I'm not holding out for new ships.

My guess is an announcement of a New Young Han Scum Falcon, but we'll see.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

thespaceinvader posted:

Y'ALL

It's here

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/24/save-the-rebellion/

Saw gives rerolls to stressed or damage carded ships at range 1-2.

Servos are boost and green 2 banks on one side, barrel roll and tallon rolls on 3 turns on the other.

Refit is minus 2 points, minus 1 on epts, AND two mods.

Holy poo poo.

And some pilots too I guess.

aaaaaahhhhhh :flashfap:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

enigmahfc posted:

So I guess with the Refit and S-Foils, you can equip autothrusters and they only kick in when the s-foils are closed?

Dual cards don't technically take effect until the ship is placed, which is why Adaptability'd ships are placed at their native PS. So a standard X-Wing isn't going to be able to take Autothrusters even with the mod, though you could take Autothrusters if you eschewed the S-Foils and brought EU instead.

E: beaten twice :v:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

lazerus06 posted:

Or use the astromech that comes with the transport that adds an ept

Doesn't work if the ship already has an EPT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Here's my ideas for dumb U-Wing jank:

'I floop the pig:'

Saw Gerrara (26)
-Engine Upgrade (4)
-Refit (-2)
-Daredevil (2)
-Advanced Sensors (3)
-Pivot Wing (0)
-Hera Syndulla (1)
-Inspiring Recruit (1)

Total: 35

This is an idea I've had for a long while, where the U-Wing utilizes Daredevil to get around the predictability of the Pivot Wing card-since Daredevil technically counts as a maneuver, you can use Advanced Sensors to perform a hard white turn, flip the Pivot Wing card, reveal a zero stop on the dial, flip the ship around, and flip the card again. Plus, in addition to the refit making it less of a hideous cost sink (Shaving three points total off the combo), Saw's pilot ability actually pairs pretty well with it. Unfortunately it's still not that competitive, but it's a nifty combo that would be a lot of fun in casual play.

'Anger Management'

Saw Gerrara (26)
-Maul (3)
-Ezra Bridger (3)
-Refit (-2)
-Veteran Instincts (0)

Total: 30

This one is pretty obvious-When attacking, pop Maul, get two rerolls (One from Maul, one from Saw), convert a focus to a crit with Ezra. Solid offensive output for a not-backbreaking cost.

• Locked thread