Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Y'ALL

It's here

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/24/save-the-rebellion/

Saw gives rerolls to stressed or damage carded ships at range 1-2.

Servos are boost and green 2 banks on one side, barrel roll and tallon rolls on 3 turns on the other.

Refit is minus 2 points, minus 1 on epts, AND two mods.

Holy poo poo.

And some pilots too I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

This poo poo is fuckin ripped.

I'm 100% terrified for the Reaper now, the generic is gonna have to be like 10 points cheaper than the top elite to be worthwhile and lol

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yarro crew seems like the sleeper hit. Amazing on a mid-to-low-PS turret like OT Chewie.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Devlan Mud posted:

The crappy part is needing to buy five total Y-Wings for your R2 astromechs with your 5 Rookie Pilots :v:

You mean 5 saws renegades for FAAs, right?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Huxley posted:

As someone who is never going to play a game away from his kitchen table, I'm intrigued to learn there's a secondary market for upgrades.

C3PO is a $25 card, apparently? Push the Limit is $6-8. Is there anything people chase that comes from non-huge ships?

Palpatine and TIE/x1/ATC are probably the best sellers. Threepio is quite a lot cheaper than he used to be because he was a participation prize a couple of years ago.

I've been meaning to start ebaying my promos. After euros...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Definitely.

Similarly, if you can find a big full-lot type sale you can trivially make a profit on most of them, just by selling off the high-value stuff. At least, a profit on your money, not necessarily your time.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

That's solidly balanced for a 2-die primary to be honest. 2 die primaries SUCK.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

If you want the triple squint experience in a list that actually has a vague chance at doing well, run 5 strikers.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Not a viking posted:

gently caress buying new stuff, I have a lot of ships lying around that I haven't used for years. I'm not adding any to that collection. So I guess I'll make a Decimator list instead, maybe add Vader?

RAC vader is pretty solid atm. Palp and Kylo on RAC.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress's sake TWENTY loving TWO POINTS.

Siiiiigh.

The crews are the standouts here, the ship is probably worthless except maybe as a palp bus that can actually contribute a bit, but for 3 points over a Lambda (taking LWF into account) it really needs to be doing a LOT.

It's got an OK... ish... dial, with at least one white turn, but... I am disappoint.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Krennic though

Krennic is a BEAST.

Wow.

Whisper just got a HUGE new lease of life.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm still a little dubious about Soontir. PS10+ is still going to murder him. Whisper can at least get decloak and AS to really bug out of mines and stuff.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

If Inquisitor is viable, 4hp Soontir should be viable, too.

Also, this looks like no fun at all to fly against.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!79:27,44,262:-1:9:;286:18,43,254:60:15:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Quiz is WAY more useful at, and able to stay at, range 3 though.

E: and I'm SO annoyed with Tactical officer - not because it's bad but because of how WOEFULLY it compares to the loving Shittypede.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

edit: I I wonder how the condition will work with Gunner. Does spending the die to remove a shield count as damaging or missing, and would it trigger gunner.

Hitting only happens if your reds exceed their greens, and per the BSF rules, spending red results happens during attacker modifies attack dice. You claim the shield well before you determine hit/miss. It's a great combo with Gunner.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

:tviv:

Holy poo poo this is going to be a loving expensive year god DAMMIT.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Push the Limit is a core mechanic on all ships essentially now

Definitely not all. SOME ships have LInked Actions, which are actions where you can take one, then a linked one, which may or may not stress you. Some actions may just stress you anyway.

JerikTelorian posted:

So in 2.0 you'll keep your models but you'll use entirely different wheels/cards etc, right?

It's almost like having two different games using the same plastic starships?

Pretty much, yeah. Same with what happened in Descent to Descent 2e. Except no new dice.

There is a fuckton to unpack here but I am 100% up for it.

WIth the sad exception of my poor wallet holy gently caress.

alg posted:

If they make objective play the default for tournaments I am definitely in. $300 for cardboard to play my current stuff is tough

Sound slike there will be a bunch of different tournament modes available. Almost too many.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

I wonder if I can keep my templates.

Another thing I noticed is that there's flavor text/titles underneath the pilot cards. Luke's is "Red Five" and Iden Versio's is "Inferno Leader". I wonder if that will be used for certain synergies, tied to upgrades or even to distinguish between different versions of the same pilot in the same ship (like MF Chewbacca/Han vs. HOTR Chewbacca/Han)

Seems like you can still use 1.0 templates except for resolving bumps.

The one woman on the panel was super enthused about the subtitles but it seems likely they're just like in Destiny - irrelevant fluff.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Funzo posted:

So how are they going to distribute the new upgrade cards? I'm really hoping each conversion box comes with the same ones, and they give you everything that they're keeping. This being FFG though, I'm assuming they'll spread them out, so the scum box has the new cards that came with Scum ships, Imperial box gets card that came with Imperial ships, stuff like that. I really hope that's not the case though.
Not yet clear, but it is definitely clear that the conv kit will contain everything from the expansions for any 1e ship.

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m hoping they streamline the steps and not have convoluted timing windows for everything.

Seems like probably more steps, but less in each step.

alg posted:

If they make objective play the default for tournaments I am definitely in. $300 for cardboard to play my current stuff is tough

Sound slike there will be a bunch of different tournament modes available. Almost too many.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 1, 2018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

alg posted:

They need to show 2.0 TLT and harpoons

2.0 turret upgrades are mobile arcs YAAAAAAS.

COnversion kit numbers are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

And they claim on the team covenant videos that there will no longer be generally applicable upgrades found in only one faction's ships, as in Legion or Runewars. WHich is HUGE and great.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

uncle blog posted:

Anybody wanna buy two pounds of ship and upgrade cards?

lol gently caress no the 1e seconds market just crashed and crashed BAD.

I was just about to start ebaying c3pos...

alg posted:

Ok yep I'm in

Yup it seems like they're doing it in as non-dickish a way as late-stage capitalism can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Epics not converted yet, will probably be handled later. No firm plans yet.

• Locked thread