Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I wish X-Wing was out when I lived in Merriam :( I have to drive 2+ Hours (one way) to play with all the Raleigh/Durham goons in NC. They are awesome, but that drive is a long start and end to an already long day of dogfighting.

Netrunner is even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

NC goon-meet for nerdgames? I'm down. I live in Wilmington.

e: I'm new and bad at this game

Also down. TG Goons and GiP in the same space? Something may catch fire.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Feeple posted:

Talk me out of just buying a ton of Scum and Villainy. Please.

I would, but that that would only delay the inevitable. You'd be mad because they'll be out of stock when you finally give in.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Feeple posted:

I just bought two Phantoms, have a ton of S&V coming in, and got a new case to carry it all since the red plano case no longer holds all my mans.

gently caress this hobby, man. I spend way too much money on this.

My order just shipped from CSI :getin:

I need another case. I feel comfortable with my awesome little spaceship collection.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Regional in Raleigh in June. Make it happen goons 8)

I'll be there to get poo poo on again. Breakfast at IHOP?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Gravy Train Robber posted:

If you wanted to take your X Wing miniatures with you when you moved to the other side of the world what would be the best way to transport them safely.

http://www.portablewarfare.com/products/ or similar, depending on price point. Pack those bitches in foam, no broken pieces.

Loose ships break... ships? :shrug:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

overdesigned posted:

~rumors abound~ that wave 7 might be announced tomorrow at GAMA :ohdear:

How many presentations can one company have at a convention? They dropped several big announcements today already.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Did I see correctly that these changes don't go into effect until 4/15?

Also, what playmat changes were there in the tourney rules? I keep getting a error 403 when I try to view it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Headed over to a semi-LGS today with a friend trying to pick up some Netrunner packs since he has become hooked. Saw some X-Wing on the wall, and was showing him how awesome the ships look and generally cool the game is, remarking on how I can't believe I haven't dragged all my poo poo over to his house. Cue the manager? coming over, telling my friend how much better Star Trek Attack Wing is both in gameplay and Organized Play :psyduck: My arguments about how their insane overpowered Tournament support and their rapid release schedule have ruined the game where his favorite things about it, and that is why it's better. The only disparaging remark he made about X-Wing that I could understand was how hard it is to keep in stock. I'll take product scarcity over that hot garbage WizKids calls sculpts anyday.

I still don't understand why he was trying to convert the guy I brought when I already told him we weren't from around there. He also found it hard to believe that other FLGSs in North Carolina had Armada and he didn't, sooo....

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Thats bullshit and he is lying to you. You can't buy 2.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Gate posted:

Yeah. I wish Atomic had gotten the regional honestly. It's probably ten times the size, and could probably seat 250 Magic players if need be. I've been in Warhammer tournaments there with around 100+ players and they didn't have to move anything for that really, and they take up double the table space X-Wing does.\

Edit: they also sell beer on tap

Atomic has been consistently the best location for tournaments I've ever been too. It rivaled Worlds as far as event space goes. Worlds had better food though (and exclusives :D) I'm excited for the Netrunner event there this summer.

They would have probably won the bid for a regional there if local attendance was higher for X-Wing. I doubt they even submitted for it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

...Yeah I know I'm buying two of everything but the Hounds Tooth.

Which I'm still buying.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It's sad that this is necessary, but good on them.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There is something refreshing about that list. I like it. :allears:

Have you brought it to the table yet? How'd it go?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If I didnt get scammed into attending a terrible wedding today I'd be there pushing plastic space ships around. Good luck guys. Hopefully next year regionals is at atomic or somewhere good.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Orvin posted:

How does everyone store their upgrade cards?

My setup using UltraPro 4 pocket Pro-Binders.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Posted without comment.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dulkor posted:

We've had this chat already months ago. Hence the thread title.

I was here for it :ssh:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Anybody going to GenCon and didn't get into the Nationals Tournament? I over booked events and I need to drop. I heard that they don't care that much as long as you have a ticket, but before I just call and cancel my ticket I wanted to put feelers out for any goons that may be interested.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Let me look around a bit more, but I'll pm you either way.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Holy poo poo that is crazy. Unless that is like a 1 of 100 signed deal they can kiss my rear end. I've never paid more than 10 bucks for a variant. Comic books are nuts.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

ShineDog posted:

£10 for one of the plastic spaceships and I don't know anyone who plays though.

$10 in weird funny money is a small price to pay for an awesome, pre-painted ship that ONE DAY you could actually play with :colbert:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So how are the official forums holding up to the barrel roll change? Besides the low hanging "death of the game" posts, anything good? Making the game too easy? Too casual?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Tickets in hand for wave 7!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

yellowjournalism posted:

Source? I'm just curious, I know that the italians who designed Wings of War are super pissed at FFG for stealing their core design and I love gossip :allears:

When it first came out FFG was talking how they liscensed it from the Wings of War dudes.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Since I already own 2 cores, Probably just gonna grab 2 of each and see what happens. There wasn't any unique pilots or upgrades in the core set anyway, right? It's been a long time, I could be forgetting.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

...goddamnit. But I don't want to buy another core. :(

The poo poo only found in the Core Set, per http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/573-full-card-list-by-expansion/

R2-F2
R2-D2
"Night Beast"
"Dark Curse"
"Mauler Mithel"
Biggs Darklighter
Luke Skywalker

Carteret fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 24, 2015

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

willus posted:

actually they did, as you would know if you checked the wiki http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barrel

Based on where they appeared, it looks like barrels are actually Legends. :colbert:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Oh wow, didn't even know it could pop out that way. I was thinking the whole wing assembly is one piece and can be removed from the rest of the "tail." I still don't have mine and am just going by pictures.

It is and can.

From Facebook:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Just be careful. In that post/thread thing, a dude was a little rushed and snapped the posts. He greenstuffed some magnets in there, so no big deal. Just be super patient when you split it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/4/man-your-ships/

FFG posted:

Force Friday Release

The Force Awakens Core Set is now available as a special Force Friday release!

While The Force Awakens Core Set is currently only available at select Force Friday locations, it is now shipping for wider release, and you can look for it at your favorite local gaming store later this month.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

I need some storage help, and before you jump to "Plano link in the OP!" hear me out.

I have one of the real nice Battlefoam zip cases that I got as a gift - the kind that stacks 4 of their large foam trays. Currently, it has a tray for the Rebel epic ships + tokens/maneuver markers, their Wave-3 tray that's full to the brim, their game-materials tray that's fits a lot (but not all) of the dials/stands/cards, and a generic pluck-foam tray that's currently housing some of the medium-size ships that they didn't/don't have specific trays for.

My fleets are huge right now. 1 of everything epic, 2 of everything large, and 3+ of all the small-base ships (8 TIEs, etc). Multiple core and Force Awakens boxes. So lots of it is still in the blisters they came in, and I just have to toss them in a bag if I want to take em to the FLGS.

Should I double down on foam? Battlefoam doesn't appear to have updated their tray styles, outside of releasing one for the Raider. I'd need another zip case too. Or, is there really a Plano box that could fit all this? Any other options? Do I get a Plano or a zip-up for each of the 3 factions?

I doubled down on foam, but gently caress Battlefoam prices. There a tons of places that sell pluck foam in various thicknesses and dimensions, and even more bags for the same. I am moving into my second bag, and I've learned a lot since I started plucking that the density is going to be great.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

Care to take some pics? :) Also, have a link?

I'll have some pics tomorrow for you. Here's what I bought the first time: http://www.portablewarfare.com/products/

And what I'm going to probably end up buying more of:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/supplies/foam-trays.html
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/supplies/gaming-bags.html

They fit in each other, and it's a relatively common size tray. I think it's a different size than what you have, but if you find the dimensions of the trays you are using you can easily find cheaper pluck foam than Battlefoam.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

The problem is he's been burned before on stuff like this. He got some Dice Masters league stuff and had a bunch of people checking interest and then when he actually set up days for people to come in and play suddenly everyone was too busy/lost interest and he had like two folks show up. He wants to build a player base but he wants to know he has the players before he starts doing league/tournament stuff.

If no one shows up he can *cough* "give it to someone else" and *cough* post it on ebay, recouping all costs. and then some.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

3K, sir. The KKK list was posted by trolls, not X-wang players.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

After reading the Ghost preview, this looks like an animated game of loving X-Wing.

https://youtu.be/O4P9rmote_Y

I can't loving WAIT.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Pyronic posted:

Rebels is a pretty good show.

It's a great show. THE TIE FIGHTERS DO K-TURNS!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It's also worth noting that, with the few exceptions of 3 big fuckoff models, it almost always makes more sense to buy the pack the card comes in than going to ebay because 1) you get a sweet rear end model as a bonus and 2)you don't really save that much on ebay to begin with.

Saying that, If you keep liking this game you'll end up like the rest of us with 3 big rear end models sitting on your shelf looking awesome and getting zero play because HOLY poo poo cool spaceships.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

When you mentioned like 6 FLGS that hosted X-Wing I had a weird feeling that you were an NC goon. You Triangle bastards :argh:

Every store worth playing at is almost 2 hours away :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like FFG is going to have an OP presence at Adepticon and Origins this year: Origins being the US Nationals, in addittion to your regularly scheduled North American Championships.

• Locked thread