Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Playing a tournament in two days, and have pretty much decided on this list:

RADICAL FRIENDS
100 points

Dengar - 49 points
Push the Limit
Unhinged Astromech
Punishing One

N’Dru Suhlak - 25 points
Cluster Missiles
Glitterstim
Lone Wolf
Guidance Chips

Syndicate Thug - 26 points
Ion Cannon Turret
R5-P8

Anything I should switch out, or is there some obvious flaw I'm missing? Very few here cares/knows about the meta, so there's no telling what I'm facing.

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Playing a 60 point tournament in a 2 weeks. Have really liked flying FennZuckMan, so trying to make something based on that. Currently considering one of these 2:

ZuckVet 60 points

36 points
• Zuckuss G-1A Starfighter
Attanni Mindlink Dengar Advanced Sensors Mist Hunter Tractor beam
24 points
Concord Dawn Veteran Protectorate Starfighter
Attanni Mindlink Concord Dawn Protector

ZuckMan 60 points

33 points
• Zuckuss G-1A Starfighter
Veteran Instincts Dengar Mist Hunter Tractor beam
27 points
• Manaroo JumpMaster 5000

The first list will give me 2 small ships which will consistently be focused. The protectorate will rarely have rerolls though.
The second loses Advanced Sensors on Zuckus, making him much less nimble, but increases his PS to allieviate this somewhat. It also depends on Manaroo providing focus, and not having any for herself, but this gives me a big tanky blocker.
A third option is to put A Score To Settle on Zuckus, switch Manaroo for a Scout and put Advanced Sensors back on him. As I'll be flying against small lists usually consisting of 2 ships, A Score To Settle can be pretty significant.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Is this a decent thing to bring to a 60 point tournament?

Fenn Rau (34)
PTL 3
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Autothrusters 2

Contracted Scout (26)
Intelligence Agent 1

Edit: Or is this better?

Zuckus (33)
Attani Mindlink 1
Dengar 3
Mist hunter 0
Tractor Beam 1

Concord Dawn Ace (27)
Attani Mindlink 1
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Autothrusters 2

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 4, 2017

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

uncle blog posted:

Edit: Or is this better?

Zuckus (33)
Attani Mindlink 1
Dengar 3
Mist hunter 0
Tractor Beam 1

Concord Dawn Ace (27)
Attani Mindlink 1
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Autothrusters 2
Went with this. Got second place. Only list I lost against was Tie Striker/Defender. Striker's really hard to predict, as one might expect.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Raged posted:

I have a feeling they are going to go the Deadeye route and make mindlink small ships only.
Seeing as they only come with a large ship, that errata would be so funny(/stupid) I wouldn't even mind. Crazy how much grief the Jumpmaster keeps causing.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If you're not married to R5-P8, I would replace K4 with RecSpec and R4 Aggromech. This combo can potentially - after the first exchange with a target - have a target lock and focus in both his attack and the eventual extra attack. Having 2 focus is also pretty decent for defense.

If you're not married to Mindlinks either, I would put Marksmanship on Bossk. With the spare points you could try to squeeze in PTL on Dengar maybe.

Math related edit:
You don't have any spare at this point, so adaptability is a cool card on Dengar I guess.

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 18, 2017

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Or you could replace him and 4-Lom with Zuckus and Inspiring Recruit, allowing you to reroll two green dice every round as long as you do a green afterwards, which you'd want to do in any case.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Plus 30$ (A second Jumpmaster for the third Mindlink)

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Whats the trick to beating Kanan/Biggs? Presumably running RecSpec and TLT.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I'm meeting that list in the final of the local league. I'm running a modified version of FennZuckMan (haven't bought new ships in ages). My goal is to either attack him at range 3 where AT kicks in and he can't use Kanan's infuriating ability. Afterwards I'll hope to block with Manaroo to deny him his double focus, hoping I'll be able to stay out of his arcs yet at range 1 with all ships, and generally keep my ships behind Manaroo with TacJammer. I'm hesitant at splitting them up, as he has arcs in front and back and turret at range 2-3. But I dunno, have little experience against this particular list.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I'm probably going to a generics only torunament on saturday. I'm not super stoked as I fear I'll run into tons of triple scouts and 4x tlt. Anybody got tips for something fun and good to run for someone who's bought one of almost every rebel and scum ship?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Pulsed Ray Shield is also affected by the FAQ: "A ship can only pay the cost to use this ability (receiving one ion token) if it can recover a shield. Therefore this ability cannot be used if the ship has a number of shield tokens equal to its shield value." Before it was a costly way (spending 2 points, using a mod slot, and telegraphing your next move) to get a 1-straight manouver for the Scyk and Kihraxz. It also goes against many other rules where you are allowed to do an action (spending a focus, evade, target lock) even when it didn't have any effect. But then again, the X-Wing rulings aren't exactly know for their consistency. This one really bugs me though, since the card has barely been out in the wild before getting "nerfed" (not changed, but clarified in a way that goes against what most people assumed).

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Kanan. Just the way his ability works, making me have to wait on my opponent to decide when I'm allowed to shoot and with how many dice. It just allows so many sperglords to act super arrogant and lovely. *I pick up my red dice, looking to my opponent to see if he's gonna use the ability* "Wait!" he shouts, and puts on his thinking face for about seven seconds before saying: "It's okay, you can shoot, I'll save my tokens." Also, the Ghost with Phantom and TLT is boring and lovely to fly against.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I’m considering running this on a tournament on saturday. (no, I haven’t misspelled «squad».) Unsure if I should drop Cad Bane, I’m guessing people won’t have too much trouble avoiding the bomblets, on the other hand Cad will probably make them more wary. I also kind of want Seismic Torpedos on Thweek, allowing me to trigger Jostero’s ability.

Yolo Sqaud (99)

•Captain Nym (42) - Scurrg H-6 Bomber
Veteran Instincts (1), Twin Laser Turret (6), •Cad Bane (2), •Bomblet Generator (3)

•Captain Jostero (27) - Kihraxz
Deadeye (0), Harpoon Missiles (3), Vaksai (0), Guidance Chips (0)

•Thweek (30) - StarViper
StarViper Mk.II (-3), Autothrusters (2), •Virago (1), Fire Control System (2)

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Jankness 2000 (100):

•N'Dru Suhlak (22) - Z-95 Headhunter
Veteran Instincts (1), Dead Man's Switch (2), Vectored Thrusters (2)

•Zuckuss (39) - G-1A Starfighter
Expertise (4), Advanced Sensors (3), •Dengar (3), •Mist Hunter (0), Tractor Beam (1)

•Torani Kulda (39) - M12-L Kimogila Fighter
Push The Limit (3), Harpoon Missiles (4), •"Genius" (0), •Enforcer (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

Genius = friendly fire bot

Start the game by harpooning N’Dru. Fly him directly at the enemies, keeping the other 2 ships hanging back. The enemy then risks taking 2 damage per ship at range or a 4 dice attack from N’Dru. Sounds fun at the very least.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

It’s not a unique condition, so... I guess you can?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

What’s the limitation on Threat Tracker, small ship only?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I used to outfit Zuck with AdvSensors, Dengar and HotShot Blaster. The blaster usually made people vary of getting close, or - often preferably - would forget I had it and attack me out of arc only to get terminated. When Mindlink still was a thing he could often take an evade, making him last much longer. I still consider him one of the most underappreciated pilots in the game.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

What's the consensus on Kimogila and the B/SF? Dead in the water? All the chatter seems to be around the other guys.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Won a store championship a few weeks back with this list:

Lowhhrick (28)
Trick Shot (0)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) (20)
Adaptability (0)
Sabine Wren (2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
"Genius" (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Havoc (0)

Total: 99

The plan is to use Fenn to reposition Nym before he moves by either giving him a boost or a barrel roll, allowing him to line up his bomb launcher. Worked really well, many were caught of guard by the sheer range of places I could launch them, and if I didn't hit any, I'd just hold the bomb, making the next round even worse. I wasn't afraid of using Genius either. As Nym was usually the first to die, I tried to get off both shots before he died. With a rear arc, cool ability and the new astromech, Fenn was a surprisingly decent closer, especially if Lowhrick was still around to do some area control. Fun list. Would fly again.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

EdBlackadder posted:

I didn't enjoy this one that much, he was taciturn to the point I couldn't really tell what he was doing and he was so impatient he was doing my manoeuvres for me before I had a chance.
This is not cool.

Saw the last rounds of the Toronto regionals. Quickdraw + 3x Nu Squadron with Cruise Missiles and Long Range Scanners chewed through everything. The final was over in 30 minutes. 22 points for a 7 health ship with slam, long range and «infinite» Cruise Missiles seems dangerously cheap.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

Man watching this Kanan/Fenn list on stream is nuts. That list is so gross.
With his ability Fenn is basically a cheaper Biggs who can also coordinate. And has a rear arc. And a crew slot.

Kanan/Biggs was super annoying to fly against, this seems much, much worse.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

What is the list? And what stream?
Here's one that I know of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlzEPNg4UO8

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Also, the new trophies look much worse than the last type.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

canyoneer posted:

Zero basis for this in the rules as written
Stuff like this really annoys me. Making up bullshit rules ("substitutive effect") when one thinks something is too good. This precedent opens up a can of worms. Why wasn't this done when palp aces dominated the meta? Or triple jumps? Too my knowledge only a couple regionals have been won by this combo, far less than when the aforementioned combos were in their prime. Will this be done in the future now, whenever something is deemed OP?

And, too play the devils advocate: There is only one ship that can use this combination, and only one per squad, as the required title is unique. And to effectively use it you need both extra munitions, and two bombs equipped, making your ship cost around 50 points (assuming you also have TLT, which most seems to have). And with only one agility and no evade action, it's easily killed with some focus fire. Even if it can launch bombs after moving, it still has to set that manoeuvre without knowing where the enemy ships will end up, making it a gamble. So I honestly don't think that it is too good, the bigger problem (and what I think motivates this kind of ruling) is that it feels cheap when it's used against you.

I would much rather remove the turret slot from the Scurrg. Then it would remain a dangerous bomber, but without the extreme range control it now has.

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 19, 2018

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Panzeh posted:

You drop the turret, it pretty much makes all the other scurrgs useless.
I strongly disagree. They all still have 2 bomb slots, and both missile and torpedo, letting them carry Harpoons and Long-Range Scanners. Not to mention a crew slot. And a ton of health and 3 dice primary. You can make many strong builds with that foundation. Starting at 24 points I think that's pretty solid if you remove the turret.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

hoiyes posted:

Also errata VI to say, you may only equip this card if your PS is 7 or lower.
Agreed.

hoiyes posted:

But seriously lol at "just kill nym with focus fire" you obviously haven't faced a competent person with the list. Our resident "5 bombers with unguided missiles" who has lots of reps and good finishes with the squad. It was probably one of the best pure jousting list in the game. Has faced NymRanda twice both times vs a player using it for the first time and both times lost 0-100. If you stay in formation and joust to ensure focus fire, bombs will destroy your list. When you joust, he throws a bomb ahead the turn before the engage and pins it, breaking up your attack lane, if you don't turn out now you're taking 2 bombs + Sabine. If you spread out, he has superior range control and can run and pick you off with TLT. Like Dengaroo, it's pure efficiency with very little risk or tough decisions on behalf of the user of the list, just roll up to the fight, do a bunch of autodamage and fire extremely accurate ordnance.
You don't joust Trajectory Nym, that's suicide. Engage from different sides, ideally from behind at a decent range, so that neither a dropped bomb, or one from tallon + Trajectory Simulator will hit you. Also give it several possible targets, so that the bomb will at most hit one of your ships. Then focus fire before disengaging, to avoid bombs the the next round, and restart the engagement.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Also, Dead Man's Switch.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If you could somehow get them down to one hull first, you could trigger a glorius chain reaction. And lose most of your list. And the game.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Any good suggestions for Youtube channels with X-wing matches? Preferably with UI overlays. Already exhausted Onyx Squadron, Gold Squadron, Stele TV, Team Covenant and VTTV.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Looks like the title is for both the T-65 and U-wing, and seems to give ships another mod slot, and maybe something else. I also suspect one of the sides of the Servomotor S-Foils card grants an evade token at the start of the combat phase, as an evade token is included.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

canyoneer posted:

There are 2 u-wing pilots, and 3 unique x-wing pilots plus 5 generics. Methinks there are supposed to be 4 u-wing pilots and only 3 copies of the x-wing generics (for a total of 6)
Probably, as there is no point in including 5 generics when there is only 3 tokens. (Edit: technically 4, if you count the giant one on the U-Wing)

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 13, 2018

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Kill != Balance

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

I really hope the new wang actually has movable s-foil wings so everyone spends an inordinate amount of time at the start of turn 2 flipping over cards and then opening 5 pairs of closed s-foils after doing their best Garven Dreis impression every game.

I thought the same thing. Not to mention all the ensuing bumping.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

So many of the Scum nerfs are redundant with the power levels we’re at today. So many cool interactions and synergies gone.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

It could've been a cool upgrade for swarms of cheap ships, but alas.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If the Jumpmasters and Attani were un-nerfed, would anybody actually choose 3 Scouts with plasmas over any of the many Harpoon carriers (Scurrg, K-Wing, Gunboat...)?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If a ship with Kanan crew executes a white maneuver landing it in range one in arc of a ship with Snap Shot and the stressbot, does it remove the newly gained stress after the attack resolves? The timing seems iffy. Kanan triggers after the Clean Up phase, and Snap shot triggers at the end of an opponent's maneuver, which seem to be the same timing? If so, does initiative determine if it's removed?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Do cards that reference arcs - like Autothruster, Fearlessness and Concord Dawn Protector - trigger by being in arcs like the Ghosts rear arc even if it doesn't have the Phantom title? Or the YT-2400 with the Outrider title? I would guess they do, but I could certainly see people argue otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Streams of this anywhere?

• Locked thread