Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

smashthedean posted:

Just got a close look at the IG-2000's stats in FFG's recap video and holy poo poo that thing is 3/3(!)/4/4 with boost and evade. That is crazy!

Gadzooks! I assume it's going to be a unique, though. Or at least it'll be like the YT-1300 where the main characters have better stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Played my Garven, Dutch, Hobbie Target Lock build in a tournament over the weekend. Ended up with 14 people; pretty good turnout considering it was our first X-Wing event!

Game 1 vs Fell, Whisper and Doom Shuttle
Lost 0 to 100
While I nearly destroyed all of his ships, and Hobbie did good work Stressing Soontir and Whisper, he out-flew me and I couldn't close finish anyone off. At least he only got to use Darth Vader once.
Highlight of the Match: Missing the Ion Turret roll that would have given Soontir a second damage and put him on an Asteroid, probably destroying him.

Game 2 vs Corran and two B-Wings
Won 52 to 32
Managed to focus fire on one B-Wing to destroy it right off the bat. Corran then flew off and didn't have any shots for several turns, and I managed to kill his other B-Wing. After that, he couldn't keep up with my damage, though I couldn't kill off Corran because of R2-D2.
Highlight of the Match: Flubbed up my Formation, bumping Garven into a B-Wing and landing on an Asteroid, causing Hobbie to bump into Garven and be on the Asteroid as well.

Game 3 vs Ten Numb, Roark, Luke, and a Tala
Lost 28 to 100
Completely misjudged where his ships were going, and he managed to kill Hobbie turn 2. While I eventually managed to kill Luke, I couldn't get any good shots with Garven, and Roark's Blaster Turret just shredded everyone.
Highlight of the Match: Killing Luke at Range 3 with Garven with 3 hits and no evades on Luke's part.

Game 4 vs Fel, Carnor, and Whisper
Won 100 to 0
We closed up Turn 1, but I managed to pop both Stealth Devices off with Torpedos. I then stayed in formation and focus-fired each of his ships down in turn. Carnor was annoying, but I got it to work with Target Locks.
Highlight of the Match: After chewing through Whisper's Shields, killing her off with a Direct Hit.

Overall, pretty pleased with how it worked, though I need to work on my maneuvering more. Hobbie especially was pretty awesome for giving out Stress everywhere. Deadeye on Garven pretty much guaranteed I'd pass off his Focus when I used the Torpedos, but I don't think it did enough compared to a R7 Astromech, so I'll probably switch that back. I think I'll also get rid of the Munitions Failsafes, as I used one all day. Maybe I'll give Garven a better EPT with the extra points or replace Hobbie with Jek Porkins or Wes Janson. Should be fun!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
As a note for those looking at getting the TIE Interceptor pack: alt-art Soontir Fel is the participation prize for upcoming Store Championships. I mention this as a friend of mine doesn't want anything in the TIE Interceptor pack except Fel, and I thought others might be the same way.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is it just me or do plasma torps seem really sucky. I mean, yes 1 bonus damage, but only against shields

They're probably still the best Torpedo, as they're only 3 points. I'm just annoyed Extra Munitions are a Torpedo Upgrade rather then a Modification. Let me run four Torpedoes on each of my Y-Wings :(

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

You lose your first hundred Go games ASAP so you can learn how to really play Go. :3: I haven't played regularly in years lol but I've done the practice in x wings.

Also, regarding the core sets, I likely won't buy any from large retailers and wait until they are displayed at LGSs. This is because that I believe that for every core set I buy, I'm taking away the possibility of a new player finding it at target, someone who has never been to an LGS before, and reducing possible players. If they're interested enough they might find out more online and buy their favorite ships or play at the LGS - I just wish FFG had an easily accessible store locator the same way WOTC has. Plus, the damage decks won't be needed for tournaments until FFG says they're mandatory anyway. :3:

From what I read, the new damage deck is mandatory to use if you own it.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I don't play X-Wing very often, but the new TIE toys got me interested. I think I'll go to a tournament on Sunday with this list:

Maarek Stele (27)
Lightning Reflexes (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
TIE/x1 (0)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Crack Shot (1)
Ion Cannon (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Epsilon Squadron Pilot (15)

Epsilon Squadron Pilot (15)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Target Locks are fun! Any thoughts?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

kingcom posted:

Yeah you take my place for the first game ! I'm happy to see how this plays out first :p

Unless we want to do that co-op campaign thing.

Do the three-player scenario from the IG-2000 box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

alg posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/10/see-the-movie-fly-the-ships/

Targeting Astromech is ownage. Super happy to have a generic astromech on par with what Scum have been getting.

I look forward to playing with a Targeting Astromech on Dutch

• Locked thread