Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

adamantium|wang posted:

Gold Squadron with an Ion Turret?

Accept no substitute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Holy poo poo that Jake Farrell is insane

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah honestly the flexibility that Jake has is something above and beyond what Fel can do. It looks really, really good and it ends up being a really cheap effective flanker which absolutely cannot be ignored.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I've decided that I'm going to start running TIE Bombers with Proton Bombs in an effort to counter all these A-Wing lists I'm seeing popping up.

e: I'm thinking 4x Gamma Squadron Pilots with Flechette Torpedoes and Proton Bombs. 100 points on the nose.

Recoome fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 7, 2014

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

There's not really any other cards that are affected by this, I think everything else has 'another' written in the card text.

I'm not mega happy with Rebel Aces, if only because Imperial Aces seems fairly lacklustre now in comparison. There's a couple of solid cards and combos but Rebel Aces seems to be made of gold.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tekopo posted:

There must have been someone at FFG that really liked the A-Wing for the amount of love it got. Also, two extremely solid pilots, one with probably the best ability in the game so far.

In Imperial Aces?

I mean Carnor Jax is alright, certainly up there with good pilots but I wouldn't say he's the best.
:downs:

e: Clarification for Biggs Darklighter

quote:

If the attacker has more than one weapon
available, it must use a weapon that can
target Biggs Darklighter, if possible, instead of
any other ship at Range 1 of Biggs Darklighter.

RIP torpedoes/missiles

Recoome fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 15, 2014

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah, rereading I think I totally missed the point

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Wow drat Y-Wings are going to wreck.

e: So effectively the Scum Y-Wing is now like a pseudo Defender except the k-turn is green and you lose some agility.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Playing Star Wars: TIE Fighter makes me just want to run TIE Fighters again.

Man, I'd forgotten how good the X-Wing/TIE-Fighter/XvT series of games were, and it runs like a dream on my current PC. It's not really nostalgia, but what happened?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That's awesome.

Has anyone written a Death Star trench run scenario yet? It'd be great to play on that mat.

There are a few floating around, the one I'm most familiar with is Dagobah Dave's one.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Since playing TIE Fighter more I've promised myself to actually use Maarek Stele, although it feels really bizzare to run an Advanced without it being Vader (Although technically, Vader flies the x1)

I still think that Vader in the x1 can be a good choice.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Maarek Stele has the best art in the entire game

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

alg posted:

You're wrong, nerd

Eaden Vrill. Too bad he's an awful card

Even the the art for the Delta SQ. Pilot is better than this, and it's got bizarro bent wing.

Disclosure: I like the Onyx SQ. Pilot art because I think it's pretty retro looking. Retro 90's Star Wars art looks rad and I'm sorry if you can't appreciate it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

:eyepop:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah wow, those Scum HWK-290s are loving baller.

What's going to work against these guys, TIE Fighter swarm perhaps?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I guess a Defender with a HLC would be pretty good, although those HWK's are pretty reasonably priced.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah but really if you face Defenders with HLC or even Interceptors it'll be fairly hard for you to make those 43 points back, even with your fancy B-Wing/E2 and 360 Adv Torps. I think the best part of the list is that Han is paired with C3PO, which is a pretty good combo.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Weeeeeeell I think it's pretty clear from the card text that Nera Dantels can fire torpedoes in any direction around her.

Also I thought this was pretty well clarified seeing it came up in Wave 2, in reference to the interaction between "Backstabber" and the Falcon/Slave 1.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Speaking of ships, Outrider and the Decimator still haven't released sneakily right? We're still waiting on that?

Yes, as far as I know. I'm hanging out on a Decimator personally.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I wonder what the next wave will bring for Imperials and Rebels. There's good mileage out of Scum especially since they still need a full wave or two's worth of releases to get up to the same number of ships as Imps/Rebs, but it feels like they're kind of reaching the bottom of the barrel.

Imperials still need the Avenger (whether it's an x1 title like I want it to be or a separate ship), the Xg1 and maybe the Missile Boat, and you could make an argument for something like the DX9 Stormtrooper Transport, although it'd be a weird what with the game not having real objective play. After that, they'd have to move on to the remote-controlled TIE variants.

As for Rebels, short of giving them rereleases of Imperial ships and a bunch more of the YT series, I have no idea what they could do.

Paging FFG for Assault Gunboat.

Stormtrooper Transport for both factions.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Okay Assault Transport is pretty cool.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The assault gunboat is the Xg-1.

I know, I was seconding it. I just didn't want to sound like a gigantic turbonerd by calling it the XG-1 StarWing by Cygnus Spaceworks

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

There's four or five sets of decently homebrewed stats for it online, and Gosric's even already done a model for it on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/model/1645123/xg-1-star-wing-assault-gunboat-1-270.html

The only reason I'm holding off on getting it is because the Xg-1 has to be coming soon (there's very little else left to release for Imps) and I don't want to get something that's out of scale with the official sculpt. Otherwise, look at how good it looks:

:swoon:

HHNNNGGGGGGGG

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I'm really confused at what role it's really going to play beside highly modifiable gunboat, which in a way is already fulfilled by the Shuttle. I could only suppose that the Assault Gunboat could be to the Shuttle what the TIE Interceptor is to the TIE Fighter - more offensively based but losing the support roles the Shuttle can fill.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The TIE Bomber is actually PS2 for 16 points and the Omicron Group Pilot for the Shuttle is also PS2. But you do make some pretty good points, as the Empire is generally lacking a Y-Wing equivalent ship.

e: I think any potential Gunboat will definitely be above 20 points for the PS1 Generic.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I loving love you

Also if you want an e-z Reb list then take the Falcon + Stuff.

As for Imps I really love Interceptors but something with all the TIE Fighters in it would be pretty good

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Swarms aren't easy to fly well, though.

Yeah nothing was really jumping out at me as an e-z Imp ship.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Of all the ship combos I've seen, I rate the Chewbacca build as among the most bullshit. How do you actually take it down beside the "just shoot at it with a lot of ships" because really it seems that Chewbacca can just invalidate a lot of the smaller, elite squads.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

Hammer it with a lot of ships or an E-wing with R2D2.

Yeah, this is what worried me.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

TheTofuShop posted:

from the comments section of that photo post

Sounds like it was an amazing :airquote:game:airquote:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

spacegoat posted:

One thing I really liked about X-Wing was reading about the awesome players and tournament scene. Even though I miss the early days of these threads when most people were just taking whatever and not worrying about being competitive, the attitude has always been right. Guess it was only a matter of time before the shitlords started showing up.

I think it depends on your crowd. For example, this thread has some absolutely top-tier players in it AND has a some casual players (I'd consider myself in this category). I think everyone who posts here plays for fun anyway so yeah, the general vibe I get is always extremely positive.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I want to run TIE Bombers against that dumb fortressing thing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tippis posted:

That, or they introduce a ship that can only lay throw bombs at ranges 4–5, but not any closer . :D

That new scum Firespray does something pretty similar, at range 3

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Well, holistically speaking, the fortress tactic may only be relevant against the hyper-mobile TIE Phantom/Interceptor anyway, anything packing Assault Missiles or HLC's will still have an advantage, and ships like the Firespray can already fire backwards which nullifies a draw of the 'fortress', that is being able to get in a round of unanswerable shooting.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Nope it's absolutely the right of high-level players to game the game, no issue here.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

You ever play of round of X-Wing and you do so bad it makes you want to sell the game and never look at it again? That was my night. It was miserable. I'm fine with losing (i normally do), but when my four rebel ships fail to destroy a single Academy Pilot from a swarm of 7 TIES over three rounds, I feel a little like the dice are telling me to go gently caress myself.

Nothing can stop the Empire!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

typical YT-1300 owner

paint is reaaaaaaaaally thick for some weird reason

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Autothrusters looks pretty good.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It looks like a pretty cool ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Next game I get, I'm going to proxy the new TIE Adv cards and see how they go. I think they are going to be sweet.

• Locked thread