Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
:siren:I finally beat Han Solo with 5x Alpha pilots + Autothrusters:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It’s still 3 damage cards, so it was curtains for that ship

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, my girlfriend, after seeing my collection, and being nerdy as hell herself, wanted me to teach her to play.

Fast forward to last night. We did some starter basic missions, and we did our first 100 point game. I figured I would throw it anyways, because why the hell would I try to win.

She still kicked my rear end really badly, even without me throwing it. I may be just really bad at this game.

Yeah my girlfriend is naturally very good at the game. She’s picked up arc dodging really quickly so she’s going to start kicking my rear end

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also the spend all 0 tokens thing is weird

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Literally every other "all" effect in the game counts "zero" as a valid value. Example: Hot-Shot Copilot can make someone spend their focus, even if there are zero focus results showing.

I never saw any way to interpret this otherwise and it baffled me the lengths others went to justify their view because they *wanted* it to work otherwise.

Yeah the zero thing I guess makes sense as it’s consistent, but it’s more of a forfeiting all potential tokens rather than spending really so it’s was the semantics that got me

I honestly don’t think I e ever had it come up so at least now I know!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

gently caress the triples, go for gold and play 5x Alpha squadron pilots with Autothrusters! :getin:

It’s actually a good list but it can take practice to visualize all the movements.

I’m not bad at it these days, I love the flexibility with changing the activation orders but even I lose a ship sometimes to bad dice

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tekopo posted:

I love my gunboats. Getting better at using them as well. Weird games yesterday against a dual shadowcaster list: first game I screwed up the approach but ended up winning, second game I got a perfect approach but ended up losing! That's x-wing for you, folks.

my area is 100% sold out of gunboats so I am missing out

I am really hoping that the rise of generic gunboats allows me to revive my 2x Sigma/Shadow Sq. TIE Phantom list, because I think the last time I dusted them off, poo poo like multiple generic B-Wings were still good.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Panzeh posted:

The main problem is there's a PS11 quickdraw there to gently caress you up for trying to ace out this kind of list.

It’s true, I wonder if I could do a similar thing with it though

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Aux arcs have been around since Wave 2 with the Firespray

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Now that I've acquired a Gunboat, this is what I'm thinking about taking to the next game. Comes out at 99 points.

Countess Ryad with PtL, TIE Mk II, & TIE/x7

Onyx Sq Pilot with Ion Cannon & TIE/D

Rho Sq Vet with VI, Tractor beam & Linked battery, Adv SLAM, & Xg-1 title.

Yeah sure it's definitely not the most competitive list, and having an OS-1 gunboat would probably be better but I think this is a really interesting list with some options. I haven't done the maths yet but I wonder whether it'd be worth switching the linked battery for a Jamming Beam or something so I can be flexible about what kind of dick move I want to use. I think that the tractor beam is probably more useful overall (due to agility reduction), whereas jamming would only really impact certain ships.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I bought an ARC-170 and it actually should be pretty neato

Looks pretty good with the refit + tail gunner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

If you want the triple squint experience in a list that actually has a vague chance at doing well, run 5 strikers.

Orrrr just run 5x Alphas with proxied autothrusters

5x Alphas are still my go-to list

• Locked thread