Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So it's great they're coming out with so much stuff for this great game, but maybe they ought to come out with Rebel Aces first and do one thing at a time.

I just want Rebel Aces to come out already :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

About drat time Y-Wings are actually able to use turrets! I keep trying to put an ion turret on my regular Y-Wings thinking "well of course they can use ion! Rogue Squadron lets them do it!"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Also Slave One

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Ouch, i've learned the value of having at least a few lower pilot skill dudes around.

Picked up Rebel Aces for myself and the Lambda Shuttle for my brother and we had a game right afterwards.

I ran

Kyle Katarn (6)

Jake Farrell(7)

Corran Horn (8)

Keyan Farlander (7)

I can't remember exactly who my brother ran but he had a 2,4 (Captain Yor in the shuttle),5 and 2 7's.

AND he also had initiative so he got to do pretty much everything before i could move at all which got really annoying and ultimatly led to me losing, but not until i took out Yor at least!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The Gate posted:

Losing your action (by running into a ship or over an asteroid) does not also prevent you shooting. Only landing on an asteroid prevents shooting completely. You can't shoot a ship you are touching. As long as your entire base fits past another ship, you suffer no penalties of any sort even if the movement template is over the base of one. All rules in the same theme, but they're also all a little different and easy to get confused.

Strangely I was about to ask about this! So it's only landing on asteroids that prevent shooting AND your action. Just bumping into another ship loses your action, but you can still shoot at other guys are you that are still in range right? I guess that guy who has the ability to bump and still shoot makes sense now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Actually i thought of another question to ask! I don't have the book right here close at hand or i'd just look it up.

Is there an action that lets you move horizontally? I could have sworn it was the barrel roll but that's something else entirely isn't it?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dulkor posted:

Barrel roll is always a lateral/horizontal move, decloaking also can be.

I knew it! It still follows the same kind of movement in both cases though right?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Has anybody ever actually had success with bombs of any kind? My brother is more the imperial and i never see him take any.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Speaking of ships, Outrider and the Decimator still haven't released sneakily right? We're still waiting on that?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So as hour 14 of being stranded at the airport descends upon me, i sit here wondering to myself "How would you even build a squad that uses bombs effectively?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So what is a good option for organizing all the upgrade cards? At the moment i have all of them organized by type and rubberbanded together but it's still a pain to go through the whole stack to find one particular card for someone

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So to catch up on having one of everything, i'm about to buy the IG-2000 and TIE Defender.

The IG-2000's 4 different 'ships" are just titles right? So if you wanted to fly all of them you'd need to buy 4 seperate packs? Is it worth at least getting 2 like it was for TIE Phantoms?

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 24, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

zVxTeflon posted:

What do you mean all of them? If you want to fly 4 at once in an epic game or something you need 4 yes. Otherwise just buy 2 and fly any combo of A,B,C,D you want. The title lets them all share each others ability.

That's pretty much what i meant! I was not aware they were able to share abilities as well! Pretty crazy stuff.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You can only reroll each dice once per attack i'm pretty sure.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Sombody needs to come up with a catchy little easy to remember thing that helps remind people of what to do when bumping into varoius things.

On that note there is also an A-Wing pilot that is able to shoot people that he is run into. Him and the wierd ramming guy in the Decimator are the only ones that really take advantage of it directly.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Is there a limit on how much stress a pilot can have on them? I don't have the rule book handy and i want to think that there isn't.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Kai Tave posted:

Nope. If there was then Tycho Celchu would have exploded a million times over by now.

Endman posted:

tycho_with_ptl_and_ei_and_daredevil.jpg

Yeah that's what i figured, it annoys my imp player to no end that Tycho especially is able to just laugh off all stress and completely ignore it as a mechanic and i take pride in that annoyance, i just wanted to be sure it was the right way to annoy him is all.

Strangely didn't hear him say a thing about it the last time we played and my IG-200B got like 2 stress just trying to stay within murdering range of his Decimator though...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So basically any given quote from Face?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Out of all the Rebel ships that can use ion cannons is therebome that works better over another? Would running 2 of them be a bit much? I don't have a particular list in mind yet but I'm a big fan of annoying the other player as they drive off the edge of space from being poked to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So hi yall i kinda want to get into playing this game again but i haven't been keeping up since about Wave 6 or so? So i don't all the cool stuff i'm missing out on. Anything come out to make Y-Wings or A-Wings more effective overall?

What about running Ion? My favorite troll strat was to run a bunch of Y-Wings with Ion cannons then have Luke or Wedge flying alongside to mop up.

• Locked thread