Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I've been out of the game a while, but 5 X-wings sounds extremely fun. If they're 19pt and you can load them all with an astromech and integrated... :bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

Is inquisitor popular? If so what’s the usual list? I want to use my painted one again.

It's popularity is tied to the popularity of Imp Aces...

But FWIW, a RAC/Inqy list won Fargo regional this past weekend.

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Kylo Ren (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Dauntless (2)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 98

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Every game I will of course be doing "Lock S-foils in attack position" in my best Red Leader voice

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

...huh

I post way too much about this stupid game.

Flew Thweek (double title, FCS, glitterstim, thrusters), Guri (PTL, new title, thrusters), and Fenn Rau (PTL, title, thrusters) today. It was like triple interceptors except not lovely. I really like ace-style play. God I hope Fenn/Lothal gets nerfed before the Tulsa regionals in a few weeks, so I can play something slightly off-meta without conceding the tournament.

Also, copying Omega Leader's ability with a ship that has FCS, 3 reds, 3 greens, and autothrusters is just wrong.

How do you typically use Thweek's ability (when OL isn't around)? Just copy the highest PS?

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 18, 2018

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

thespaceinvader posted:

Mindlink, like Palpatine, got nerfed then immediately got powercrept to the point where the nerf was mostly meaningless.

Sorry, I've been out of x-wing for a bit, but how is the Palpatine nerf meaningless? Do you mean meaningless because other things took its place as imbalancing?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

These two-ship boxes always seem pretty good.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Is Krennic enough to bring Soontir back? I would be kinda excited about this game again.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Why would they include 3 Decimator dials and only 2 TIE Defender dials? lmao

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah, R2-D2 has to expend a lightning bolt to use his ability so I guess they have a notion of charges for just about any upgrade. I think that's a cool idea, like what if Palp was exactly as pre-nerf Palp, but he had X charges you could use per game.

Also, Proton Torps were 4 red dice.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Owlbear Camus posted:

I came here to crap all over this but if they are sincerely doing away with "you have to buy this weird turd looking thing from one level of a video game because it has the rockets you need to put on your cool x-wing" thing, I'm potentially back in after having been basically in stasis with this for a year.

I don't see how this is going away? I assume the second wave of 2.0 expansions will absolutely have cards/upgrades unique to each pack, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Wait, so are expansion packs not coming with upgrades anymore? Just the plastic ship? That would be cool if the having the app at the table would be tournament legal.

• Locked thread