Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Devlan Mud posted:

I killed two ships with a single Harpooned! Condition. They were my own ships.

I did 4 points of damage to my own Rebel Nym with a Bomblet (rolled hit and crit, crit is a major explosion, rolled a hit for that, which gave me a 2 double damage). I felt like I had unlocked an achievement or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

canyoneer posted:

You're thinking of Cluster Mines.
Bomblet reads "rolls 2 attack dice and suffers all hit and critical damage rolled" and Cluster Mines read "rolls 2 attack dice and suffers 1 damage for each hit and crit rolled"

For some reason, this is one of the most commonly confused rules. Literally every person I fly against when using Bomblets I need to remind.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Not so much 'fun' as...well, whatever it is....

Contracted Scout — JumpMaster 5000 25
Rage 1
Inspiring Recruit 1
Ship Total: 27

Rage 1
Inspiring Recruit 1

Rage 1
Inspiring Recruit 1

Serissu — M3-A Interceptor 20
Veteran Instincts 1
"Light Scyk" Interceptor -2
Ship Total: 19

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I really want to go, but I didn't plan ahead and the closest one is over 4 hours away. Sounds fun as balls, though.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
And people on the FFG board came to consensus that Stealth Device goes away after the first TLT attack, because Stealth Device is worded "if you are hit" not "after an attack that hits,". Harpoon Missles/condition use the "if you are hit by an attack' wording, and from my understanding, that can trigger between TLT shots. But I ain't referring to a flow chart to play plastic ships.

So really, FFG being FFG.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 3, 2018

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So we're just never getting any more updates or previews right? The game is over?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This lull is great because it means I get to play whatever without the pressure of playing new poo poo and feel more likely to try poo poo that not tryhard meta stuff.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I do wish they would just go ahead and release a new FAQ because I feel that is needed, but otherwise I like screwing around with ships that haven;t seen much love or use and I like it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm sure they will give more info on the Reaper and Saw's U-Wing and poo poo, but I'm not holding out for new ships.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So I guess with the Refit and S-Foils, you can equip autothrusters and they only kick in when the s-foils are closed?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Ah, well okay then. I'm terrible at remembering stuff like that from FAQS (until I have to remember them).

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
35 points for Vermeil with Hotshit Copilot and Krennic, 30 for the generic with Palp, so 35 left for an ace. Yeah, I like that.

edit: I I wonder how the condition will work with Gunner. Does spending the die to remove a shield count as damaging or missing, and would it trigger gunner.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 30, 2018

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

canyoneer posted:

Vermeil with hotcop isn't really a great synergy, because the defender still has a focus token when Vermeil is modding attack dice.

He's rather low PS, though. If attacked by a ship of higher then PS 6, they have to use the focus, and will not have it when Vermeil attacks.

Some Numbers posted:

Hotshit Copilot is the best typo.
Not a typo, that's what I always call it. Because I am cool.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

It doesn't count as a hit. It's just a Spend effect that has no final effect on if the attack "hit" or not.

I don't think you get where I'm coming from.
Assign the condition to the ship Krennic is on, higher PS enemy shoots you, they have to use their focus, so they no longer have it (and hopefully do not have an evade). So when Vermeil fires (his text says that if the opponent has no focus or evade when Vermeil is attacking, you can change a blank or focus to a hit), they do not have that focus, so his ability kicks in. Use the condition as needed.

If they have more than 1 focus, yeah, that doesn't work.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

I thought you were talking about Optimized Prototype spending a die to remove a shield. Which doesn't count as a hit unless the remaining dice get through their defenses.

Ah, gotcha. I was meaning just to get rid of the focus and using the condition is need be to force gently caress someone with no tokens.

edit: new page snipe about force loving......real fuckin' nice!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, do the new pilots Like Iden and Thane in an X-Wing come in the conversion kits, or do I need to buy the new expansions too (please be in the conversion kits)

edit: never mind found it, they're in the kits.good

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, will we get a day 1 FAQ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope i can use my old templates. The new ones have that line down the middle, but I don't want to have to get new acrylics....

• Locked thread