Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

enigmahfc posted:

So, in Vassal is there anyway to guarantee your opponent isn't changing their dial while it is flipped over while I am doing my moves? Like, if my PS1 ship does a straight 3, and my opponent knows their PS9 ship will bump it when he moves, what is to stop him from rotating his dial to a different maneuver without me knowing it? Or is the answer simply, "don't play with shitheads"?

Yeah, the proper procedure is dials to your hand, set them, flip them down, back to map. Then if they're changed while on the map it tells everyone. Then reveal there on the map. Rinse and repeat.

I'm sure you have good BBQ too but I've been to KC and TX recently and had lots. Don't worry though, pulled pork isn't the only option at FFG. Flatbreads, Poutine, salads, burgers, grilled cheese, mac n cheese, all darn tasty!

And to the guy thinking of attending the MN regional, if you do, let me know! I won't be playing (employees can't play anything higher than Store Champs), but I'll likely be judging or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

The Lord of Hats posted:

True story, I didn't realize FFG was local when I picked up X-Wing. I thought they were based out of Chicago for some reason. But now I'm spoiled with a giant community for it, so yay :buddy:

Who are you? Are you in Twin Cities X-Wing?

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, seriously. I mean, I can get if there isn't actually *worldwide* demand for X-Wing, but having all of one event in the US and the other 7 in Europe is absolutely bizarre.
I guess we'll have to content ourselves with Worlds, and much better access to stuff like prerelease events, store and regional championships, and our very own North American championship (there is no European championship). Plus SW Celebration is in Europe this year. Every US event means an intercontinental airline ticket.

alg posted:

It super sucks to have one event in... Illinois. Wtf FFG
Where else can host a huge X-Wing event alongside a major gaming convention and do so well in advance of Star Wars Celebration in July?

Chill la Chill posted:

One day the nova open will be large enough for companies to take it seriously as a gaming convention. Probably needs another 5 years though.
NOVA is great but the timing is not from the perspective of an event like this that has to be done in advance of SW Celebration. Also it's too close to Worlds, and after regionals/nationals. I suspec that hurts it more than anything else.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Strobe posted:

This is correct, but the article mistakenly says that you can do two damage, which is wrong. And so is

This guy. You don't roll for damage unless it's a maneuver.

It can do damage. It's not called out in the card but it'll be FAQ'd.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
So Doug Kinney just won a store championship with an all Wave 1 TIE swarm. Beautiful.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

thespaceinvader posted:

Also you can ask your opponent to show you the moves on their dial IIRC.

But it does seem kinda lame that you can't bring manoeuvre references/cheat sheets.

You can bring maneuver reference sheets. This doesn't apply to those. (Source: Organized Play is the next cube over).

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
If any of you are at Adepticon come say hello! I'm one of the grey shirted FFG guys. At the booth during hall hours but now I'm hanging out at the top 4.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Brunas posted:

Ready for the "Fly Casual" shitstorm following that finals game, on the no focus/TL for the torpedo and the no stress moving out of phase. It's gonna be great.

He had the focus for the torpedo, Brad had just accidentally moved it. Unless I'm thinking of a different torp. What do you mean the "no stress moving out of phase"

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Brunas posted:

Oh I know, that's why it was funny. Neither player actually did anything wrong or even questionable, but I'm sure people are going to start complaining about the "accusatory tone" of Brad or trying to stop a shot that would have had a focus, etc. Brad asked to move a stress onto Yorr from the crit after the opportunity and his opponent declined, but I stepped out for a second and saw the stress on Yorr so I'm assuming he changed his mind or something.

With "fly casual" on everyone's mind I think we'll see some disagreements on what was "acceptable"

Ohhh, gotcha. He did not allow the stress move, and Brad was fine with it. Totally reasonable in an event like this! I thought all the top 8 games I watched were the perfect mix of professionalism and casual. I was just bummed we couldn't stream them so I could do the commentary again!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

canyoneer posted:

Ahaha someone on my local group says that the large bases in his red and blue base packs are noticeably oversized compared to the clear ones

It's not all of them, mine are the right size!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Do you have a source for the news?

http://www.asmodeena.com/en/

Most recent press release.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

hoiyes posted:

Pbpancho please do the commentary next year for the love of God.

Not sure if that's a compliment or if you thought it sucked and didn't realize I was doing it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

hoiyes posted:

*do it without davey

I would not mind doing commentary for everything, although I don't know the LCG. Imperial Assault and Armada are much harder to do well though, so much slower and harder to tell what's happening than X-Wing and Destiny!

• Locked thread