Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Dice have not changed, still offering dial kits.

Wave 14 ships will include all the stuff for both first and second edition

Available at Gencon, full release in Sept.

I WAS RIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Who is this man in the teal shirt with the lion's mane of hair? He's way too pretty to be on this panel of nerds lol.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

"2.0 is focused on making turrets...work"

Arrows in two (opposite) directions where the turrets can shoot. Addressing issues with barrel roll/boost/etc.

"Getting back to basics; positioning, blocking"

Push the Limit is gone. It's a core mechanic of some ships instead. Actions link to other actions in those cases. There are red actions now. Red actions gain stress.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Conversion kits the topic right now.

Faction boxes have everything, including the new pilots and stuff that come in the standalone expansions.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Huxley posted:

So the Rebel conversion kit will just include all the ships cards and upgrades and bases already developed for the new X65 and the new Y wing. But there's no way they're putting in like, new ships and dials for every single Rebel ship in 1.0.

Where are you guys getting this stuff?

That's not what they said. They said they're for every single released 1.0 released ship AND the first wave expansions.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

They'll be making balance changes to point costs, abilities, even ship slots via the app.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Devlan Mud posted:

I’m not paying $290 plus dollars so i can use the stuff I’ve already purchased.

So...don't. Buy just the new stuff (core + new expansions). You don't have to buy the backwards compatibility packs unless you want to.

Or drop it entirely.

Honestly I can't think of a better way to do this. You don't have to buy new ships. They're giving you (an unknown number of) components that allow you to play every single ship you already own in a bigass box for $50 per faction.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

How are they handling upgrade cards? Are there new versions of cards in the upgrade boxes? Is it all in the app?

There probably won't be a 1:1 equivalent for many/most of the upgrade cards. And with new mechanics there's probably a bunch they no longer need.

They haven't said it directly, but I expect there to be a vastly simplified upgrade list.

Edit: Hell I expect some pilots won't make it either. Ability to play every existing ships in the conversion kits doesn't mean that literally everything will be translated 1 to 1.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 1, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Need a new core set even if you buy the conversion kits.

There is a line down the middle of templates to help you align with dots on the bases. That's really nice.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Wow that's really generous.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

And they just dropped that lists are 200 points. Same size game (number of ships), but greater granularity

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyonero posted:

Confused's 200 point system is in.

I'm a goddamned prophet

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The beautiful lion-maned man is Frank Brooks. I had no idea how he looked before today lol.

There are now "ship abilities" which apply to all ships of that type. Would cover stuff like "adaptive ailerons," where all ships of that type just have that ability. Not all ships have ship abilities. These are in addition to pilot abilities.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

alg posted:

And two more for the Force Awakens factions?

With Wave 2, yes.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

VI is now gone. There's no equivalent.

God this is just the best.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

JerikTelorian posted:

I noticed the Epic ships aren't included. Are they abandoning them going forward? They never really fit with tournament gameplay, and I know people complained about the difficulty of including them in games. On the other hand, they own.

On the stream, they basically said "wait for it, something's coming, we promise, really!"

So, looking through the Rebel conversion kit article, it's pretty easy to infer a few things about munitions (missiles/torps/bombs).

They are generally multiple use.
They generally have the yellow lightning bolt icon with a number next to them.
You probably have to spend a lightning token to fire them.
Many of them allow you to spend lightning tokens for an extra effect. (This seems to be a thing for other cards, too, like Crack Shot)
Attack values (number of red dice) seems to mostly be 3 for missiles/torps. I saw one 4 in there.
I didn't see any cards explaining how much damage or effect of bombs.

Also, there are a number of mechanics they talked about "expose"-ing one of the damage cards. So we have a unique term for flipping a damage card face up.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Team Covenant has a game play video up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TxiyKlHeSU

They have a big blog about 2.0 and what you need to know. I haven't reviewed it yet.
https://teamcovenant.com/learning/star-wars-x-wing/everything-need-know-x-wing-second-edition-x2-reboot

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gameplay video talks about bombs and torpedoes.

New phase between Planning and Activation, the System phase. This is where you drop bombs.

Seismic Charges blow up obstacles, and each ship in range 1 of the obstacle takes a damage.

The lightning bolt icon is number of uses. Proton torps start with 2, and you can spend an extra to change a hit to a crit.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

I'm guessing the Resistance and First Order conversion kits might be cheaper, as there's less ships?

Maybe. No one knows yet.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

I hope i can use my old templates. The new ones have that line down the middle, but I don't want to have to get new acrylics....

Just win some. Git gud

(honestly it sounds like the line is only to make bumps easier to resolve, you can probably just draw your own)

Edit and immediately as I say that, I find out barrel rolls are middle-to-middle along that line. You're gonna need lines. :(

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Nah. You could still line up the template with the back of the base as long as you place at the end of the base too. Just can’t change relative distance.

Good point!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Since Predator still exists (on a Red Squadron Veteran that can't be a T-70 in the preview article), I wonder if we'll have multiple upgrades occupy similar/identical design space but have more diverse squad building applications, or even the ability to specialize by taking multiple different upgrades with the same/similar effect.

We need a new thread/OP.

They explicitly called out similar-but-not-quite upgrades when talking about the squad building app and the ability to change costs. They called out they could release a new (similar) upgrade, then change the cost of the either one to make it a choice rather than just one always being better than the other.

We do need a new OP. I'll do it in a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New X-Wing thread up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855773

• Locked thread