Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The battlefoam site has a thing that lets you customize it.

edit: here http://tray.battlefoam.com/tray.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

signalnoise posted:

They haven't released prices for the special Scum & Villainy ships have they? Or should I just assume they'll be 20 apiece?

Ig-2000 $30
StarViper is $20
Most Wanted $40
m3-A - $15

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 17, 2014

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Strobe posted:

Where did you get those prices? And why would they make the three-ship Most Wanted pack the same price as a core set with a bunch less in it?

https://www.facebook.com/eltallerdeyila/photos/pcb.824236234307945/824236210974614/?type=1&theater

Most wanted has 3 ships and a bunch of cards for the Slave-1 and HWK so theres a lot of stuff in it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That ship is going to be awkward to store in my current setup :gonk:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Marksmanship has always been good

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Han, Ten Nunb, Kath, Corn Horn, all work well with marksmanship.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Where are the Y-wings shown to have crew members? ITs not in the movies

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

YT-2000? Could it be possible?

Googled this ship. Its pretty much howtoruinthemillenniumfalcon.jpg

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

What are some good ways to take advantage of Advanced Sensors with B-Wings? So far I've just used em to Barrel Roll before moving so I don't bump.

Adsensors + PTL before a green maneuver for no stress next turn

Adsensors + boost before a K-turn to do a segnor's loop before they were cool.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

In what world are people living where theyd rather take a shuttle than soontir to a 32 pt battle?

Also agreed 32 points is stupid

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is that alt art of Soontir Fel?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im in it and I got paired with a guy I play regularly irl in the first round.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If he flew within range 1 of a APT ship he deserves death

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

pbpancho posted:

How'd you do in the first two rounds? I played game two (Team Covenant VASSAL tournament) tonight, the opponent had a Echo/Vessery/Doom shuttle list and a Leebo w/HLC turret and 2 greens list. Brought the ZZZZZ swarm again since I knew the Decimator wouldn't be able to chase down the Outrider.

He took Echo straight in at me and ate Crackens clusters and the ion pulse first round of shooting. Next round I blocked the ioned Echo and had 3 range 1 shots to finish him. Came down to Blount and two Talas (one with homing left, one with clusters) vs Vessery. I whittled him down, losing the homing Tala with his missile unfired, and then he K-turned onto a rock, at range one of both my ships. Game over man!

Z ZUPREMACY! On to round three!

1-1 so far.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

What are Greedo and -3PO supposed to be?

Prob tokens to show that youve used the once per round ability for those characters respective crew cards.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dead Mans Switch the best card (and art)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

Two EPT Soontir would be pretty sick. What would be the standard, PtL/VI to get that PS 11?

Prob PTL + Outmaneuver/Predator. Hell you can even make a case for PTL + Expert Handling if you're in a FCS heavy meta

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I like them. I might swap the Engine in list 1 from the shuttle to Vessery and make AdSensors Vader instead.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

So with the PtL changes, if I have Jake in an A-wing, I can focus, get a free barrel roll/boost, PtL off the free action, then PtL off the focus? (I mean, it would give you two stress tokens but the reading seems correct)

No you can only PTL once per round.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Theyre just trying to clarify the order of operations with PTL and other stress causing actions like Expert Handling and Daredevil.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Leo Showers posted:

Wow drat Y-Wings are going to wreck.

e: So effectively the Scum Y-Wing is now like a pseudo Defender except the k-turn is green and you lose some agility.

The ywings k-turn is a 4 not a 3. The droid wont affect it

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Glue washers or tiny weights to the bottoms of them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I find Engine to be a must on Firesprays so Id toss my vote in for

Engine+Predator
or
Engine + VI + Tactician (Good anti phantom option, arguable better than ion cannon too)

If this is going to be a Boba heavy tournament Id prob take a bunch of Academies instead of the more expensive Sabers, to jam up lanes and block their Fetts. Stealth device isnt as valuable as it once was with Phantoms in the mix. Another way you can go is Echo. Echo can pretty much block anyone and is amazing at blocking other higher skill Firesprays with the added benefit of them not being able to shoot him. A two ship build is risky but fun and extremely effective if flown well. Its basically the Imp version of Han+Corn horn.

Boba - HLC - Engine - Gunner - VI
Echo - Adcloak - Rebel Capt - Sensor Jammer - VI
98 pts

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 29, 2014

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

check Barnes & Noble

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Torkil Mux owns

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im glad we're getting more generic pilots with EPTs again

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

want that tiny spaceship

Bob Smith posted:

How about a K-Wing? I was looking at Star Wars ships on wikipedia and this would potentially be interesting as a turreted/360 firing arc small ship.

Looks like the Starwars version of

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Leo Showers posted:

Of all the ship combos I've seen, I rate the Chewbacca build as among the most bullshit. How do you actually take it down beside the "just shoot at it with a lot of ships" because really it seems that Chewbacca can just invalidate a lot of the smaller, elite squads.

Hammer it with a lot of ships or an E-wing with R2D2.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its not done yet heres top 32
http://challonge.com/xwing2014worldchampionships

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

quote:

That’s 70 straight minutes of me flying around waiting for him to come out and fight while he sat back and smiled at me, commenting about how famous he was going to be for doing what he did.

Lol that guy sounds like a twat of the highest magnitude

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I think the shitlords are still a relatively small (5%) amount of the total players.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Moriatti posted:

I'm still confused at why the fortress is good?

Its almost universally not.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is there a different angle? I wanna see wtf is going on in the back with those engines

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Irom posted:

I really want to fly this goofball list
6 red dice coming out of the outrider with a focus :haw:

You're not getting 6 dice because Expose only increases primary weapon damage not HLC

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

A stressed Jan is never going to be able to keep up with Dash in order to use wingman though. Maybe for a while if you give her engine and drop the shield.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

nilstryfe posted:

Also, I like the mental picture of the Moff getting upset at some sort of damage the ship just took and shooting the Rebel prisoner out of irrational anger then kills himself a few minutes later.

"They're still shooting us with you on board? Oh well you must be useless. Out the airlock you go!"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dredge posted:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the expansion ships and their respective pilot and upgrade cards?

There used to be a good one at http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/ but they seem to have lost their account.

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/X-Wing_Miniatures_Wiki

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

How exceedingly generous.

As a bartender he probably expects a tip for the opportunity to rip you off too

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

can we keep at least 1 starwars related thread on this site free of endless whogivesashit.txt posts about canon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CODChimera posted:

I hope they handle it that way rather than an entire wave for one faction.

Yeah I wouldnt worry too much. Not even wizkids is stupid enough to do that sorta thing

• Locked thread