Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Vader and gunner on a 360 ship is the one thing in this game thats legit stupid powerful and shouldnt exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

use this maybe noone will notice

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Only proximity mines require an action

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Store championships coming up pretty quick. What are people thinking of bringing? I havent legit thought of a tournament list in months.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Your best bet with all non named ships is still prob 3B 2A

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What are you squad leadering Airen for?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its an action to use it so you wont get 3 actions. All it does for ships with baseline BR is remove a Target lock and not give you a stress.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

yes

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Finally get to use some non scrub focus tokens

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Want that alt art Soontir so bad, but the FLGS never sent out any emails about the tickets going on sale so they'd run out in the five days between when I last checked and yesterday. :(

Theres a bunch of store champ events around here. Hit me up at the end of Feb if you havent gotten one by then and ill toss you my extra

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg posted:

Kinda disappointed they gave out welfare focus tokens imo

At least they look different from the Regionals 2013 ones

hey top 4 in this area is an accomplishment ok :saddowns:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah Biggs isn't going to help that squad much. You're handicapping your A-wings to Bigg's weak rear end dial. Your alpha strike is decent but you want to get as much value out of your A-wings as you can once the rockets are gone. Something that soaks dmg would be a better use of those 37 points. Something like:

Tycho
Chardaan refit
PTL

Jake Farrell
A-wing Test Pilot
PTL
VI
Proton Rockets

Wild Space Fringer
Outrider
HLC

You lose one rocket but get a HLC. They're either going to chase the outrider and eat a PR or engage Jake and let you snipe them with with your HLC.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ions are still applied through shields

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I honestly would just drop Kyle and take Roark or jan instead. You have to dump way too many points into Kyle to make his ability worthwhile. All for a focus on Han which will net you very little since he has his natural rerolls + gunner. Predator on Han is a better investment than the points you have to spend (recon, moldy crow) to make Kyle effective. I mean it could work if you slow play like hell for 3-4 turns to build up your focus reserve but those are gonna be spent real fast. 1 to Han, 1 to shoot your turret, 1 to modify your turret attack, 1-??? On defense when they shoot Kyle. IMO Kyle is better in action stacking lists.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Aaronicon posted:

the Big Bang Theory Trivial Pursuit nonsense my 'friends' want to play most of the time.

:staredog: im so so sorry

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Partial Octopus posted:

What is the best resource for finding top 8 x-wing lists?

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/tourneys

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I guess the back part above where the droid sits detaches and slides back

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What specifically did you fly?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Phrosphor posted:

2x Saber Squad with PTL, Howlrunner with Swarm Tactics, Gundark and Mauler Mithel.

I would have run more tie fighters if I had them, but I didn't.

I nearly ran Jake Farrel, Arvel and an e-wing but got talked out of it.

With 1 more interceptor you can make a very competitive swarm list thats pretty decent in this meta

Hackjack posted:

Do you think FFG would publish something like a book of missions? Or something fan made, maybe? I can see the new giant ship sets lending themselves perfectly to missions.

A standalone book of missions prob not. For fan made stuff theres this http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/xwing/ I have no clue how good any of them are though. Each large ship comes with a mission and the huge ships come with a few too.

Hackjack posted:

What's a good way to find netlists with an emphasis on simplicity over competitiveness? I think having too many upgrades on ships or having differently-equipped versions of the same ship could cause confusion for my friends and me. And for the list itself, I can imagine some people being totally willing to look through card binders for half an hour and craft their own list, but it'd also be great to jump right into the game and say "Here are a few list options for you to take" and then I can buy just the ships I need.

Finally, how do you guys feel about 3/4 player games? For 4 players it's probably best to pair people off into teams, but for 3 players, how do you prevent one person from being able to avoid attention until the other two whittle each other down?

Theres no single depository of simple lists youre just gonna have to browse around places like boardgamegeek and the FFG forums or play around with a squad builder . Plenty of lists are both simple and competitive though so youre bound to find something. Never played a 3 person game. Id say just put a round limit or time limit and crown whoever killed the most points the winner.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Crits are nice but not at the expense of everything else. Marksmanship is generally pretty lousy and leaves you with nothing but naked green dice to save your fragile E-wings.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wish the deathstar image was smaller or was the more interesting DSII + endor on the back or something.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Not a fan of naked shuttles especially in this meta

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I used it on Yorr to screen for Soontir+stealth and Echo. Its pretty good you basically just joust at the start and they waste a ton of shots killing Yorr at the beginning and your end game is 2 superior dogfighters.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Leo Showers posted:

Someone mentioned in the GW Death Thread that an errata may be in works for how the TIE Phantom's decloak move works.

Rebel status: rear end-blasted

what does that mean

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Miniature Market deal of the day:

Outrider Decimator combo for $28
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/mm-deal.html

:captainpop: :chanpop: :captainpop: :chanpop:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ha an upcoming store championships entree fee is to buy a $15 ship. Gonna be hard with those delays since they havent had a single thing in stock other than Tantives for months.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wow thats impressive. What were other people flying?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Might as well downgrade to Roark and get a useful pilot ability.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So with the new BLT title changing things up for Y-Wings, what's the easiest way to make them more survivable without forcing them to remain at range 2-3?

Engine upgrade and R2 Astro or just R7-T1

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

has somebody been trying to gently caress that jabbafrog?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drat that looks nice

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

picked up
1 Most Wanted
2 StarVipers
2 IG-88s
2 Scyk interceptors

This should be able to field some decent lists. Now to make sure it all fits in my storage box

this game :negative:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

I've been thinking long and hard about the Starviper and I never see myself in a position where I would want to run 2 of them in a 100 point squad. I'm really struggling to even place one in a squad :(

I justified getting 2 by keeping 1 permanently on my desk if it turns out to be another E-wing

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Really wanna try N'Dru + Clusters + predator

8 dice opening attack on 1 ship for 24 points :getin:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chance II posted:

Thanks! Painting headhunters today has been the most fun painting I've had in years. Here's the last one until I find something for my Ys. I'm a little reluctant to mess with them since the are really nice looking right from the box. Maybe I'll just repaint the panels grey to match the Zs.

That is a baller N'Dru

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whats his Han substitute an Aggressor?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It means they goofed on the card art this isnt some sorta of gotcha trick they pulled during design

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

Until they FAQ it, that's the rules. Is that an unreasonable position? We know scum y-wings != rebel y-wings. How are we to know the designer's intent for the fires pray?

I think its unreasonable to enforce that position since every difference between scum and rebel y wings has been mentioned in ffg articles without them purposely hiding anything and the fact that they wouldn't design a pilot ability to be 100 % useless right out of the gate that relied on possible future upgrades to take advantage of. A change of that magnitude to a ships core mechanics would mentioned and explained well in advance and they wouldn't just sit on it until someone happened to figure it out

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 8, 2015

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yo Chill did you play against/see that Theorist dude yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just curious what he looks like

• Locked thread