Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

What's the ship between IG-2000 and the Y-Wing? I recognize everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
gently caress setup and tear-down, I just want to play.

Cat-Proof Carrying Case

Rebel Transport's en route from CoolStuffInc and I didn't punch out all the extra tokens okay?!

One of everything, plus one of those pluck-foam ones below this with extra Slave I, Defender (oddly shaped), etc.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Upside: Looks great, holds everything.

Downside: Funding an rear end in a top hat.

Got it all from my FLGS; I figure I funded where I play.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Which ships are important to "double up" (or more) for the upgrade cards? Hitting a store with a sale later today, and I've got one of everything (and 2x starters, 2x Slave I) but if I want to start playing tournaments I'm sure I'll need some duplicates.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
My Rebel Transport arrived today, so I've officially got em all... and my new quest is to entirely fill my battlefoam. Let's hope Scum *really* loves the HWK-290, and there's eventually a reason to own like 4 TIE Advanced!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

alg posted:

It would be worth investing in a Firespray given how good the new Boba Fett looks. HWK is up to you.

The interview with the lead designers convinced me to pick up a second HWK in preparation of Scum's release. ... That might've been their intention, though.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

FuSchnick posted:

This actually happened last night. I am a nerd. (that TIE didn't get to celebrate his escape for very long)

Please say he barrel rolled to get there. :allears:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Sarcophallus posted:

They have a website with their stock, you don't have to leave your chair to look.

I don't think B&N tracks their individual expansion stock online.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Is it confirmed Rebel Aces comes with 2x Chardaan Refit? Was thinking of buying a 2nd A-Wing before the pack comes out, but then I'd be short a Refit...

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

overdesigned posted:

The one I got (from GenCon) came with three.

Perfect. Was hoping that was the flipped over card. Second A-Wing here I come.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Apparently, my Damage Decks were all shuffled together into one big pile at some point. That was fun to separate. :(

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Tried out XXBB last night, with Biggs, Rookie Pilot, and x2 Dagger Sqd Pilots w/ Adv Sensors. ... That list is fantastic. Shot down a Lambda shuttle and one of two Phantoms real, real fast. I just need to get better at positioning - I wanted to keep Biggs close to the others but far from the Imps, and kept running into issues with pilot skill blocking.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Strobe posted:

Have Biggs fly from the back. The lower pilot skills will move first, giving you a bit of flexibility with him.

That was the plan; I had paired the Rookie with him in the "back row", but it kept leap frogging the B-Wings. I realized my mistake on the very first turn, and had to make some corrections to get it into a workable position for turning.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
The 2-seater was an EU creation; Leia flew one and needed room for 3PO.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

alg posted:

Y'all are trolling me right

That's from the Holiday Special

Here it is in the CLone Wars, which is canon

It was also in several WEG books, it's in the FFG RPG, and it's in the video games. Just like many ships/upgrades they have made so far. S3 is fair game.

Those all come after Splinter of the Minds Eye, where it debuted. :eng101: Of course it's totally fair game, the entirety of Waves 5 and 6 are EU creations.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
What are some good ways to take advantage of Advanced Sensors with B-Wings? So far I've just used em to Barrel Roll before moving so I don't bump.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Started playing the Tantive IV campaign tonight. If I understood the rules for using it correctly, it can never shoot directly behind itself, even with the turret primary, because that'd cross the blue line on the base? How was it firing at the Star Destroyer in the opening scene of A New Hope, then?!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Barnes And Noble paid off - got my 2nd A-Wing, finally, after checking every hobby store in the area. They even had a Millennium Falcon too, but it had the radar dish snapped off and the packaging was really busted up. Passed on that one - I already have one, and it's the only ship where I feel really weird, flavor-wise, seeing two in play.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Poopy Palpy posted:

At least "Fat Han" is more descriptive than "Han Shoots First", which from what I can tell is used to describe any list that includes Han.

My personal HSF list has Roark raising Tarn Mison's pilot skill to 12 so that Han doesn't shoot first. I call it "Special Edition". It is not a Fat Han list because Han's only upgrade is a Gunner.

I was under the impression Pilot Skill caps at 10 regardless of upgrades; is that not the case?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Shockeh posted:

Cross-postin' from the Cinema Thread:
I feel the urge to do my Rebel repaints as this now, knowing it'll be official eventually!

Spoilered in case anyone cares about fly-over photos from the Episode VII set, sorry about large but the timg tag doesn't play nicely with the spoiler one:

It's a different model ship, though! None of the T-65s will be in this paint scheme. :byodood:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

LoG posted:

Right. The rule book says something like "you can't perform a maneuver or any action" and he was taking it too literally. I tried explaining that Actions were their own separate thing but like I said he's pretty stubborn.

You can't perform another red maneuver; if you try to, your opponent gets to select your maneuver instead. Realistically, all you miss out on is your next action(s), until you perform a green maneuver. The rule book is really clear about what is an action - they have their own phase, and attacking isn't part of that Perform Action phase. Your friend is the type of person I refuse to play games with. :saddowns:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Barnes and Noble's website (claims to) have Millennium Falcon expansions in stock.

I ordered one because you can always use more Falcons.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Got my tracking number too, so fingers crossed.

I'd love to mod this one into either a Stellar Envoy or Falcon-with-Lightning-Gun from Dark Empire... but I'm too lazy/unskilled to do either.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Jesus, I thought that was carved out of snow for a minute.

That's clearly soap.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I need some storage help, and before you jump to "Plano link in the OP!" hear me out.

I have one of the real nice Battlefoam zip cases that I got as a gift - the kind that stacks 4 of their large foam trays. Currently, it has a tray for the Rebel epic ships + tokens/maneuver markers, their Wave-3 tray that's full to the brim, their game-materials tray that's fits a lot (but not all) of the dials/stands/cards, and a generic pluck-foam tray that's currently housing some of the medium-size ships that they didn't/don't have specific trays for.

My fleets are huge right now. 1 of everything epic, 2 of everything large, and 3+ of all the small-base ships (8 TIEs, etc). Multiple core and Force Awakens boxes. So lots of it is still in the blisters they came in, and I just have to toss them in a bag if I want to take em to the FLGS.

Should I double down on foam? Battlefoam doesn't appear to have updated their tray styles, outside of releasing one for the Raider. I'd need another zip case too. Or, is there really a Plano box that could fit all this? Any other options? Do I get a Plano or a zip-up for each of the 3 factions?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Carteret posted:

I doubled down on foam, but gently caress Battlefoam prices. There a tons of places that sell pluck foam in various thicknesses and dimensions, and even more bags for the same. I am moving into my second bag, and I've learned a lot since I started plucking that the density is going to be great.

Care to take some pics? :) Also, have a link?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Do people have issues with using card printouts at tournaments if you a have a binder or similar full of the cards?

I have multiples of every upgrade but cannot stand sorting. I'd love to just square them away somewhere and then print out my squad info all on one page.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
There's only ever been one ugly that matters:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Really pathetic call for help:

I have some coworkers who keep inviting me to play X-Wing, and I've put it off for too long. I've been collecting ships since the beginning and have access to everything, and multiples of most, but haven't actually played since around when Scum first dropped. I'm out of practice, and unfamiliar with how any of the current ships/lists actually play.

What's an easy-to-fly, not-completely-under-powered list I could put together for a game this week? I've got two of things like the Falcon, IG-2000 and Slave I, and at least one of every ship they've released.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Thundercracker posted:

Two IGs. Easiest to play. And IGfws are basically jack of all trades. Master of none. There's a very simple list with heavy laser cannon, autothruster, crack shot and glitterstim.

Very hard hitting. Very survivable.

Sweet, I like the sound of that. You use B and C, both with that loadout? Or A and B?

Edit:

VVVV Great, thanks! I'll give it a try against my coworkers later this week. VVVV

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 4, 2017

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I got one of those big Plano boxes that holds 4x 3700 cases, and have started the process of opening and sorting all the ships from Waves 6 through Wave 11. This game has far too many pieces and my thumbs hurt from all the cardboard. :mad:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Recoome posted:

The Blockade runner is really cool and it is easily my favourite large ship cause it looks cool

Yeah, this is the only one I keep out and on display of the large ships. It's such a great model, such a great design. It's a shame there's nothing else even approaching that iconic for the other factions.

Unrelated, I picked up the newest wave, finally, and the TIE Silencer seems really out of scale with other TIEs. It looked to be on par with an Interceptor in the flick?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Anyone got tips for Ghost/Phantom/Phantom II? Gonna be flying this list for funsies and I don't know any docking tricks or whatever.

code:
Attack Shuttle -- "Zeb" Orrelios 18 
	Phantom 0
	Chopper 0

Sheathipede-class Shuttle -- Fenn Rau 20 
	Veteran Instincts 1
	Flight-Assist Astromech 1
	Hotshot Co-Pilot 4

VCX-100 -- Lothal Rebel 35 
	Twin Laser Turret 6
	Ghost 0
	Engine Upgrade 4
	Sensor Jammer 4
	Ezra Bridger 3
	Maul 3

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Cobbsprite posted:

Put Rear Gunner on the VCX and butt-shot everyone to death.

Would you cut Maul or Ezra? I guess Maul's the actual engine, so cut Ezra for a Tail Gunner?

• Locked thread