Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

alg posted:

I loving love the neckbeard tears on FFG and BGG forums about some supposed dockworker strike at the port of LA slowing down Imperial Assault

You have to post links :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

You have to post links :allears:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/127174-boat-has-docked-then/?hl=union#entry1335846

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1276112/how-long-has-imperial-assault-been-boat

They were using some kind of sailor app too to find boats and speculate which one the game is on.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I can wait for Imperial Assault, but I'm really looking forward to it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Seems like ImpAss should be in stores this week. :unsmith:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

Yessssss, also we need to never stop calling it ImpAss.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ChiTownEddie posted:

Yessssss, also we need to never stop calling it ImpAss.

…unless it is somehow shown to end in a draw too often, in which case it'll be ImpAsse instead.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Tippis posted:

…unless it is somehow shown to end in a draw too often, in which case it'll be ImpAsse instead.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
On the topic of one of the other games (SWArm) this thread is about, FFG has posted some rules previews, the most recent about the star fighter rules

X-wings are of course brutal, and also bombers (what, no love for the Y-Wing or B-Wings) but i'm curious to know what that point difference is going to do in a real game. I would assume 100 is the normal point target?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

X-wings are of course brutal, and also bombers (what, no love for the Y-Wing or B-Wings) but i'm curious to know what that point difference is going to do in a real game. I would assume 100 is the normal point target?

I think one of the other previews showed a Y-Wing card with bomber, at least. I assume they'll be cheaper point-wise and they're Aces will have more bombing oriented skills. Probably tougher, too. I thought it was a nice way of showing the X-Wing's versatility.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I guess I should start my campaign for Lancer frigates to be in an expansion ASAP then

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
The answer is always more TIE Fighters. Looking at the preview for the Imperial Fighter Pack, though, the Counter ability on TIE Interceptors is probably pretty awesome, too.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

alg posted:

I am vibrating in anticipation.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Feeple posted:

I am vibrating in anticipation.

We should meet up. Privately.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

My FLGS owner said he was told by his distributor that FFG raised the price of the game but not the MSRP because they aren't selling it outside of FLGS or something. Wonder if it's Asmodee related.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
I have to talk to Meeplemart about my order. I got excited and preordered everything + additional dice a month ago. I don't mind paying the difference per their pre-order policies, it's only ten bucks, but now that it looks assured that the expansions are all coming later I need to split my order so I can actually get ImpAss sometime in the near future.

Does anyone know if there's been any price adjustment to the expansions?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

alg posted:

Seems like only Europe is getting it this week.

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!
I have my copy under my desk.

I am stupidly excited.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Miasman posted:

I have my copy under my desk.

I am stupidly excited.

Gasp.
Are you in Europe?

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!
UK. My local store had a large batch in today.

It's so damned sexy.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Its pretty bullshit that its released in europe and not in the states.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

LumberingTroll posted:

Its pretty bullshit that its released in europe and not in the states.

Pretty sure it just hasn't arrived yet; would you have preferred them to just sit on the ones that are currently in Europe until they could sell them worldwide?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

jivjov posted:

Pretty sure it just hasn't arrived yet; would you have preferred them to just sit on the ones that are currently in Europe until they could sell them worldwide?

Yes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

And what would be gained by that?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
it really must suck to have to wait a bit more time for a brand new thing

think of it as Australia Simulator 21st Century

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

And what would be gained by that?

It's a joke, there's nothing gained by it and I couldn't care less about getting it a couple weeks later. I do, however, expect some pictures of a set up.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

SquadronROE posted:

It's a joke, there's nothing gained by it and I couldn't care less about getting it a couple weeks later. I do, however, expect some pictures of a set up.

Yeah, no pics, what the heck

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

Pictures of a set up, and pictures of some more minis painted.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Apparently we're getting IA Monday/Tuesday :)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

alg posted:

My FLGS owner said he was told by his distributor that FFG raised the price of the game but not the MSRP because they aren't selling it outside of FLGS or something. Wonder if it's Asmodee related.

Correct, it will only be sold through hobby channels and via distributors specifically. The issue is that Hasbro, not FFG, has the license to Star Wars board games, but not miniature or role playing games. The price increase is no doubt the payout to Hasbro in exchange for not having the product pulled.

Miasman
Aug 7, 2011

Oh, you!
Xmas party hangover now recovered, some pics below:

Ton of stuff:
http://imgur.com/mjCCj2R

Darth loving Vader:
http://imgur.com/krZCiNE

No!
http://imgur.com/Q8J85Zc

Stormtrooper:
http://imgur.com/7eoD0m2

AT-ST size:
http://imgur.com/YZHI89T

Tutorial setup:
http://imgur.com/WdZhorB
http://imgur.com/YhmzycG

alg
Mar 14, 2007

S.J. posted:

Correct, it will only be sold through hobby channels and via distributors specifically. The issue is that Hasbro, not FFG, has the license to Star Wars board games, but not miniature or role playing games. The price increase is no doubt the payout to Hasbro in exchange for not having the product pulled.

Is this just from the rumors online or did someone from FFG say that?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

alg posted:

Is this just from the rumors online or did someone from FFG say that?

My store got an email confirmation about it earlier this week from one of our distributors.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5263

Supposedly in stores now!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

It is up at CSI!
I am resisting (somehow) until at least the new year. I wouldn't have any time to play and I want to see some reviews first.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It looks like the models require primer cuz they're not pre-painted. Anyone know what the material is? (Please don't say restic) :ohdear:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Chill la Chill posted:

It looks like the models require primer cuz they're not pre-painted. Anyone know what the material is? (Please don't say restic) :ohdear:

Im sure its the same plastic FFG uses in all of their games.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

It's probably plaster of paris.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Products have been updated on the Armada page apparently: example

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Tekopo posted:

Products have been updated on the Armada page apparently: example

The victory is in a very fancy box, I can see why the msrp is 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Really looking forward to armada. Though the lack of variety for wave 1 ships looks annoying.