Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I should talk to my local store. I wasn’t super interested at first but I don’t mind playing a competitive game here and there and the mechanics actually look kinda fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Went to prerelease.

Game was a blast. Went 2 for 3. First game I ran IG-88 and lost and really just didn’t pay attention to deck building. I switched to Vader and changed out some of my cards and it went a lot better. Vader was a monster. Both games he was able to take out opponent weenie cards and then kept up with chip damage.

There’s a lot of strategy and we had a blast. There was only 4 of us, but it was a good time. Felt sorry for one guy cause he went 0-3 while we all went 2-1 (I got tiebreaker and technically was first)

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
All the people I played at the promo event thought the art looked fine. It also looks a bit better when it’s on a card in front of you instead of on a screen as well.

I honestly don’t care. I managed to play original Sentinels of the Multiverse and the art on that was dire.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Well one thing I didn’t realize is that Leader Showcase cards were a thing.

I was playing in a draft tonight and a bunch of guys were buying boxes (one dude there is nuts. He was literally just giving away any card that wasn’t a foil or alt art as he was looking to get a full set of all cards in the game) so I broke down and bought a second box.

I got Boba Fett showcase. Turned it around on the spot to the owner for 400$ in store credit. I looked at my other box and my other Showcase is Sabine Wren who also is apparently worth a ton of money.

If I got out right now, I would be on top. Haha. I don’t think I’ll buy another box, but I’ll save the credit for when the next boxes come and probably use it to buy 2 sets there.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

CitizenKeen posted:

If you weren’t aware, Showcases are 1 in 12 boxes.

Oh really? I am 2 for 2. Lol.

I played against my friend yesterday with a Vader deck I made. I absolutely crushed him. I really like Vader as a Leader. Constant chip damage is good to pull off. Deck is all about smashing guys and also exhausting or sending back to hand.

Hopefully will do better than I did the draft. I also built a Spectre deck for fun. I don’t think it will be as good but still looks fun to play.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Oh, is Vader as a unit expensive? I decided to buy a 3rd box and got him. No showcases this time around, but that made up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I have like, 3 home ones. I got 2 mace windu’s in the same box, lol.