Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

It looks an awful lot like a Kilrathi cruiser… :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

ChiTownEddie posted:

Yessssss, also we need to never stop calling it ImpAss.

…unless it is somehow shown to end in a draw too often, in which case it'll be ImpAsse instead.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Really looking forward to armada. Though the lack of variety for wave 1 ships looks annoying.

Weeeell… it's rather similar to how X-Wing started: X, Y, TIE, TIE-A, two of which were the same as the base set but with different cards.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Zerf posted:

So, I'm looking over international shipping for wave 2(US->Sweden, to give you a picture of the prices we pay: the VSD is $44.41 at the very cheapest online store I can find in Sweden). So I've heard a lot about CSI and MM(MM seems to be the best one when you take shipping into account), are there any other cheap online retailers I should be aware of that you would recommend?

Alphaspel tends to have reasonable prices, I feel, although you often have to be very quick to order something since they don't keep much in stock. 300:- for the VSD when they get it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Zerf posted:

Oh wow, these prices are based on the old list prices from Bergsala Enigma. Def. buying from Alphaspel next time if they don't update them. Also, are you living in/near Stockholm? I live in Täby, would be nice to meet some nearby Armada players...

Uppsala, so not that close. We do have a pretty thriving mini scene here, though, but it's anyone's guess if more people will jump onto the Armada train or stick with X-Wing.

And yes, their pricing can be very swingy and unpredictable at times, which fits neatly with the overall theme of “buy it now if they have it”. Besides that little issue, Alphaspel is neat (web)shop. I haven't had the opportunity to visit the physical store, but it's supposed to be well-serviced too.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Corbeau posted:

Ugh, SU&SD did a video report of an Armada game and now I want to buy all of it.

You didn't before?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Guess who just spend over $100 on the entirety of the first wave of Armada? This plastic ship loving guy right here! :suicide:

Presumably, that smiley describes the guy who was trying to stop you or beat you to the punch on some piece the store only had one left of. Otherwise, it makes no sense.
:colbert:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It can probably describe the guy on Amazon who's looking to buy the Assault Frigate and now sees that there are 9 left instead of 10!

Eh. Good enough, I suppose.
Maybe it can describe the order collection bot that, deep down in its silicone, feels the first tinges of artificial despondency that it all its hardware is being used to cart around a warehouse and look for small plastic bits.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

So what does “I have no approach vector” mean? I'm so confused :ohdear:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

zVxTeflon posted:

Get clear Wedge you cant do anymore good back there.
You're all clear kid…

quote:

:flaccid: Sorry
Let's blow this thing and go home.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 3, 2015

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

I think we might be going about this the wrong way.

Is there any line in the series that isn't open for… ehrm… reinterpretation?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

"Owrrorrrawarrrrrl"

- Chewbacca

Pervert.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Madurai posted:

Wait-- we went through over a page of this, and no one managed "it's a small exhaust port, located just below the main port?" I weep for our youth.

hooman posted:

Get in there you big furry oaf, I don't care what you smell.

EDIT: You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

“Governor” Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Strobe posted:

You mean half of one, right? He didn't do poo poo to the first one, and he only got half of the second. The rest went to Lando. :colbert:

At least Wedge didn't plough straight into the thing and broke his ship, unlike Lando. :colbert:

Come to think of it, who did actually get any ship kills at Yavin? Han shot some poor guy in the back; Wedge shot someone in the face; Luke accidentally did some wingmaning, and Vader murdered everyone… anyone else?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

Gets at least one TIE Fighter and saves Luke in the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8

e: that TIE pilot, having come on screen in ANH for a split second, probably has a name, history, and pilot card in X-Wing

ee: Hahaha yessss I was right:
http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/%22Dark_Curse%22
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DS-61-4

Of course. You can always expect SW fandom to fill in every last crack and crevice in unnecessarily great detail.