Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I've tooled around on force table a bunch and played in a demo event last weekend. My partner and older son enjoyed it so we're hitting up the pre-release next weekend. So far it's been a ton of fun.

https://www.forcetable.net/swu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
The art looks fine that's just a poo poo image of it.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I remember reading that the art for the first 3 sets isn't exactly what the design team wanted. They said after that they found what they wanted for the game. Really weird but I kinda like what they have so far

E: the rotoscoped stuff sucks cause it's just their old art in a filter.

Elblanco fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 3, 2024

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Sounds like a core set to me

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

Oh I can definitely see how. She's consistent value for something you are going to do every single turn, sometimes even without taking a specific action to do so, and she's a very impactful character just as 4... whatever-they-call-power with Shielded and pseudo-Ambush. It felt like even the low-power, high-toughness leaders could only survive two hits from on-curve units at best anyway.

She felt weaker for draft, though. Krennic would have been even more obnoxious going face. Chewbacca slowed the game down a lot, which would make high-cost bombs a lot more useful. I saw an Andor that drew for going face and had IG-88, but it would've meant using a generic blue base instead of Tarkintown. Maybe it's just thinking the grass is greener, though.

Which was the other top-tier leader in constructed?

Boba Fett, he's pretty good IMO, but I think people are overhyping him by a ton.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Only grabbed 3 boxes a starter, a double deck pod(which loving awesome) and some soft deck boxes and sleeves.

No showcase but a bunch of good legendaries, filling out a playset of superlaser blast and home one. Also ended up with 4 hyperspace Boba leader and a foil legendary Boba.

Made 4 decks and I'm eyeing 2 more. Overall its been a blast and weekly events start next weekend at my lgs!

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
There's a thriving tts community, and force table is good for essentially goldfishing.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Just finished a 3 round casual event at my lgs. No promo packs this week unfortunately but i did end up going 2-1 losing to green sabine in round one. Ended up beating green boba though! Felt pretty good with my red blue vader control deck.

The event had pack per win prizing so i walked out with 2 packs and an acrylic initiative token, my first pack had a hyper space legendary boba and mace windu, so i made out like a bandit in value!

Overall a good time. Though mext week im probably going to a shop that advertising $15 sealed

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I wonder if they're not doing the old Magic thing of printing certain more copies of some legendaries per sheet than others.

I bought two boxes and two of the three legendaries in each box was Superlaser and Home One.

This same thing happened to me. I got one of each in my prerelease kit too. Ended up putting super laser in my red blue vader deck which has been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Thats why the game is loving star wars! The characters already HAVE personality. Just gotta put game stuff next to them.