Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

homullus posted:

I'm excited about Imperial Assault as a source of minis for the RPG. :)

The guy who runs our session (which btw is via hangouts) is super excited for this same reason. Also because it sounds fun I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

Han $9.95
Chewbacca $9.95
Royal Guard Campion $9.95
IG-88 $9.95
General Weiss (can also be a regular AT-ST) $19.99
Rebel Troopers $14.95
Reble Saboteurs $12.95

If that is for real I am totally screwed. I don't even know if any of my friends are going to play with me and I'll still be buying a bunch.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
hahaha Yeah. I am torn now about wanting it to be bad so I can save my $$ or...for it to be great so I can :homebrew:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

So Imperial Assault is on the boat? Dang. A lot earlier than I thought. Gonna be hard to wait to ask for it for Christmas :/

Woah! So did the release get moved up then?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

Seems like ImpAss should be in stores this week. :unsmith:

Yessssss, also we need to never stop calling it ImpAss.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Miasman posted:

I have my copy under my desk.

I am stupidly excited.

Gasp.
Are you in Europe?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

It is up at CSI!
I am resisting (somehow) until at least the new year. I wouldn't have any time to play and I want to see some reviews first.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

"As big as the original game"

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
So many ImpAss character packs on sale at MM right now. I really want to buy all the ones I'm missing, but I've also only played Skirmish once haha.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Moriatti posted:

Ordered ImpAss from my flgs, might want to grab some character packs to get people's favourites, but I want to make sure that my board games friends like the game before investing heavily.

Two questions:

1) How hard is it to integrate new packs mid campaign?

2) How good is skirmish mode in the case it's just my lil bro and me?

1) Technically you're not supposed to mix them in mid-campaign. Part of the setup is creating the side mission and agenda decks. That said, I imagine you can add things in mid campaign without much trouble at all though haha. If you're adding deployment groups (think like the Hired Guns or something else non-unique) you may want to make sure its okay with your players.

2) I am currently in love with Skirmish and assuming your brother isn't like 8 or something that should be fine. You may have a bit of overlap with the command cards, but as long as you tend to play different factions it shouldn't be too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I've won a mission that way as a Rebel, where you double move + strain 2 and get to the end with 1 or 0 movement points in excess. In general it kind of a mess up on your part especially if you had the people to provide a wall of bodies the round before. It can be tough to see that coming though.