Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

signalnoise posted:

Armada is up on Miniature Market now.

Star Wars: Armada - Core Set (Preorder)
Be the first to review this product
Availability: In stock

Regular Price: $99.95
SPECIAL PRICE: $68.97

Only 70 bones!

CSI want's a dollar less! 67.99 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

A dude I played against had an iPad mini running the dice app at worlds. Totally legal, easy to see, but it just felt weird/wrong to play him when I was using my own dice. It just felt like he was cheating. I blame his good rolls better random number generation. :rolldice:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

MadWOPR posted:

I'm pretty sad I ordered from cardhaus, I saved some money but I won't see my game until wave 1.

My brother in law ordered it for me for xmas, along with some wave 1 stuff from CSI. I won't be seeing it for a while :(

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Twitter is blowing up about Impass and Armada. Wave 2 announced, along with a mini campaign for impass, boba fett, R2-D2 and C3P0. Phone posting, so no pics but check for @watchitplayed

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

btw you better be coming to the impass regional in july

At GA? Date?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

overdesigned posted:

Welp, gonna be buying strongly into Wave 2 on Armada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

Man, gently caress putting together the AT-ST in Imperial Assault.

The worst part about putting together the AT-ST is I have to do it "again" for this mother fucker:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So the side campaign and all the extra stuff with that plus Armada isn't actually out yet right? Looking through Amazon isn't turning stuff up yet.

CSI shipped all that stuff, minus Armada, out to me yesterday.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up buying Imperial Assault, but probably not until June. I'm trying to read up on some more information, but I'm having trouble finding spoilers for a lot of the cards. Is there anywhere to browse through stuff like the skirmish command cards or agenda cards?

Also, which of the Ally or Villain packs feel like must-haves so far?

http://iacommand.com/

I found this today, and it has been quite helpful. Check the database for full spoilers of literally everything so far.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

susan posted:

Well, bought the Armada starter set. Any thoughts on best next purchases? I'm definitely leaning Imperial.

Everything?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So Armada just showed up today. Got one game in, and GODDAMMIT FFG WHYYYYYYY

It seems if FFG makes anything with the Star Wars license I'll loving buy it. :negative:

It's really fun, and watching a Neb B evaporate as it broadsides the front of a Victory and dies to getting rammed it just so :black101: I can't stand it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Core and 1 of each Fighter expansions landed today.

1 of everything else arrives tomorrow. X-Wangs has conditioned me to want 2 of everything, but I'm wary to pull the trigger on a second core or 2 of everything else wave 1.

I should be fine, right? alg isn't going to push my poop in when I finally make it back up to the FLGS?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Reynold posted:

I'm hoping to snag all the new Armada stuff at GenCon this year. And X-wing. Whatever they got, really.

I'm buying everything FFG. In multiples.

AGoT: 2 ED
SW: RPG
A:NR?
XWANG
Armada
ImpAss
SW:LCG
Conquest

Like, most of my budget is going to be spent on MSRP at their booth. :negative:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Im staring at a stack of all the new IA skus. Tempted.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

Are you talking about wave 2? Are they out yet.

Sorry, long day. And yeah, all of wave 2 was out. Boba Fett box and everything.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Well you loving goons went and did it, I haven't bought a gaming miniature since I was eighteen, and I've never pre-ordered anything in my life.

So I just pre-ordered an Armada Imperial Class.

None of my friends even play this game.

I don't even have the base game.

gently caress you guys.

:getin:

After it arrives, you should buy the core set so you can PLAY with that new display piece!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

ShineDog posted:

Think there will be an infantry game in the ff star wars miniatures line of games?

I know imp rear end is fun and popular, but it's really reskinned descent and doesn't scratch the same itch

Also I want tiny prepainted starwars men for my star wars rpg campaign

If I remember correctly, Imp rear end is as close as we are going to get. FFG can't make a boardgame because of licensing agreements, so Imp rear end is technically a miniatures game already.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I'd like to get the Feldherr stuff but shipping to the US seems gonzo expensive.

Feldherr is on Amazon with Prime shipping. Prices seem "reasonable" for the market.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

So, I'm looking at playing some Armada tomorrow.

Where are you going to play in Wilmington?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

Cape Fear Games, heading up around 1:30 or so. Are you going to be in the area?

Nope. Bad weekend for me. However, good to know in the future! Do you play Wangs as well?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Because they would count as miniatures, and GW sure as gently caress aren't letting anyone else make minis

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I enjoyed the demo. Quick play, fast games, and the collectable part doesn't seem too gross after talking to them. The highest rarity cards (legendary) are like, 1/6?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

1/6? As in, if I bought 6 boosters, 1 of them will have a legendary card? hmm... that doesn't sound very good at all

For a collectable game, that feels like good odds. Chase Mythics in magic are like, 2 per booster box? Maybe?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Is the announcement on the site? I have a bunch of expansions.... How does the descent app track which ones you have?

No announcement on the site, just confirmation at the in flight report that they are working on it. The app tracks your collection with a simple check box menu, presumably, like their other app releases so far. You can't do much without the components, so there isn't a paywall.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, it's not out till Q3. I imagine they might have copies at GenCon. I'm more pissed it's going to throw off my storage solution. Everything is so NEAT AND PRETTY

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There are Storm troopers guarding the empty tables at the FFG booth, and we are waiting in line for the in flight report where they will announce... Something...

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Is he from the St. Paul meta? If so I talked to him yesterday in the FFG line. I got his card for his podcast thing. Cool guy. He was coy about what he was demoing besides "new" and "I can't talk about it"

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The New Republic ship hasn't appeared on film, but was mentioned in Battlefront 2 and the Aftermath books.

The Onager Class hasn't been on film either, and was only briefly mentioned in a reference book as a Seige Breaker, with theoretical mini death star tech. Who knows what it actually has.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Star Wars Minis: New Wrapper, same Plastic

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

CitizenKeen posted:

Oh boy! I have so much pent-up energy to talk about this topic. (I really do need to start a Star Wars Unlimited thread.)

Start a thread, I'm really interested in the game.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lol wow you weren't kidding Jivjov, that first page is quite the time capsule. Remember the warm feelings for Armada and ImpAss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Waiting for my local pre-release to start. (Giga Bites in Marietta, GA). Seems to be a full turn out of 40 players. Pretty solid!