Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Have you tried playing the tutorial mission in the Learn to Play guide? The idea is to follow that guide first, and then look up whatever question you have in the Rules Reference. Personally I think it's a great system, making it very easy to look up small things whenever they arise in the future.

Edit:
This video is probably (haven't watched it, but these guys are usually good) a good primer for the Heroes at least: https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/videos/how-to-play-imperial-assaults-campaign/

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Anybody tried the web-based version of the automated emperor for IA? Any tips, thoughts? Thinking of using it in a campaign sometime this month, as we always get into lame arguments when one of us plays as the Imperial player.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

It’s one of the greatest games FFG ever made. Those sets (before the white ones) are not that great compared to later ones, but I had a ton of fun with them back in the day.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Went to a prerelease of Star Wars Unlimited. Lost 3 out of 4 matches. Had tons of fun. This game is legit.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

It's weird how much better the art looks in real life. The game has a great table presence. Really pops

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

What does Escalation mean in a sealed game?

Played a bunch of sealed events these last two weekends. Bought four boxes so far, have a decent spread of rares and legendaries. A single showcase (Grand Inquisitor), so I'm tempted to buy more, to hopefully get Tarkin, Chewie, Han as a showcase. If I was a sensible person I'd try to trade one for my GI. I think his ability is pretty cool, but I'm more keen on the OG characters.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

What does goldfishing mean?

Bought and opened my sixth display yesterday. Got a Sabine showcase. But I'll probably buy another box or two in hope of more showcases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

anyhow maybe i should stop belaboring it but "here is an imperial commander, he gives low-cost units +1/+0" does not bode well that the expansions are going to shake off my first impression that this game is very generic
I'm glad they're keeping the cards in the starter sets (and that particular card is ONLY in the starter set) pretty easy to grasp, while also giving them abilities that nudge people both in how to pilot the deck and how to tweak it. In my area a lot of people who have jumped on SWU are totally new to TCGs, and for them all of this - that might be simple or old news for us - is pretty darn neat.

edit: beaten