Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
OK goons, I had a weird situation come up in Armada. I had one of my ships positioned so that it:

a) overlapped a station
b) was aimed directly at an enemy ship, so close that the enemy ship could not possibly turn out and avoid overlapping it.

As far as I can tell, the way this plays out is that I can intentionally overlap him over and over, temporarily reducing my speed to 0 and damaging both of us. However, the station then heals me. My speed then goes back up to 1 immediately afterwards, allowing me to continue using defense tokens. When he activates, he either has to cut his speed to 0 or will collide with me, damaging both of us but not healing him. If he reduces to 0, he loses the ability to use his defense tokens, but mine still work because my speed is only being temporarily reduced by the collision.

Is this really correct? It seems like a very "gamey" position.

Fetterkey fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
This game is tight, I've had some really fun Draft and Sealed experiences in the past bit. Haven't played as much Constructed, at least in person, but quite enjoyed what I was seeing of it earlier via TTS.