Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I thought I was a huge star wars sperg since I read all the books and played xwing and tie fighter. What the hell is a gladiator and where is it from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So is the game going to be functionally different from Descent: Second edition in any major ways aside from star wars and selling tons of expansions?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Really looking forward to armada. Though the lack of variety for wave 1 ships looks annoying.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
True, but I wasn't interested in those since no star destroyers! So its new to me! Though from what I recall about playing tie fighter, a swarm of rebel starfighters is a legit threat to any capital ship.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So far every post I've seen about ImpAss seems to be about the models, the quality of, etc. Not one person is talking about the game itself. Is this worrying?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Just preordered Armada because I have poor impulse control. Wonder if nothing but victories will be a viable build.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm buying everything in Wave 1 aside from the assault frigate. (Rebels should be quick and light strike forces most of the time, dammit. Not lumbering capital ships). And I look forward to unpacking everything and making pew pew noises with my mouth. Also playing the game I guess.

Too lazy to cancel the preorder for a possible lower price at amazon.

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 7, 2015

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So far I've resisted the urge to buy imperial assault, mainly because I already have descent.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

The Gate posted:

That and the fact that there's no defense dice rolling, just the tokens. There's very finite amounts of reduction that can occur.

Rebel fighters basically all being bombers is pretty scary too, fighters are going to be really important I think.

In the lore rebels are pretty reliant on fighters since their capital ships lose to imperial ones. So I'm glad to see that as a star wars nerd.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Armada is on mass drop, but I think I'm too indecisive to buy it. :smith:

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Yeah but is the extra manuever tool and dice worth it?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Hackjack posted:

Just a heads up that SW Armada core set is on sale at Cool Stuff Inc for $55. I think it's a daily deal type sale.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175

God drat it, I can't resist anymore.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

I hope Armada never brings out an Interdictor cruiser. It will have me then.

You're safe for now. It's mostly going to be ships from the new movie for the next few waves

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Release the sun crusher you cowards. I want to solo enemy fleets

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

HootTheOwl posted:

If your opponent doesn't place a planet though aren't you hosed?

It's an invulnerable ship that can fly through a star destroyer and take no damage so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I've just been playing all the empire at war mods that are still under development and there's so many loving ships they could poo poo out it's ridiculous