Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

I think especially for Armada they need the freedom to just make up ships. There's always an abundance of new fighters but the screen stuff is slow to reveal new ships. Honestly probably the biggest problem around FFG's neck is how the IP is just two sides and not that deep if you go by what's on screen.

Are the West End games and earlier EU creations still off the table? Seems like that still hasn't been mined completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Icon Of Sin posted:

New expansions for Legion. These are upgrade packs to Rebel Troopers, Stormtroopers, Phase I clones, and B1 battledroids.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/6/beyond-standard-issue/

New sculpts and new weapons for everyone!

Sandtroopers and more alien rebels, yaaaay!

Still soft, crappy plastic, booooo!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Based on the assembly diagrams, the miniatures don't look as frustrating as Crisis Protocol, so that's nice?

And while I am not very bright, the Atomic Mass Games website seems like a mess.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Muir posted:

I've never built a Marvel Crisis Protocol mini, but the Shatterpoint models assembled quite easily, and they're intelligent about where the mold lines end up (still have to do a little cleanup, but on par with the newest GW sculpts, which is to say quite good).

I don't see any issues with the AMG website?

I couldn't figure out if Shatterpoint was actually available yet from their website, but again, I'm not real bright!

Glad to hear the minis are nice. Also nivce that AMG put the rules up.
I should at least read them before I add it to my abandoned games pile.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

srypher posted:

Played in a shatterpoint tournament earlier today, my team was Vader, Obi, Magnaguard + Grievous, Jango, Fifth Brother. Went 1-2 and had a blast. Vader’s take 2 damage to add 3 dice to melee attacks feels pretty oppressive & Grievous is able to zip across the board blendering models off points. Also won the painting contest which I was not expecting at all.

Do the cover and line-of-sight rules start making more sense the more you play? Well done on the painting win!

Muir posted:

Got my first game of Shatterpoint in today. The midgame dragged a bit, but otherwise I really enjoyed it. The emphasis on objective-holding and area control techniques like pushing reminded me in a good way of my beloved Warhammer Underworlds. Some of the synergies can really pile up between related units like Droids or Mandos.

These look great, by the way.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Nicely done!

I just read that there's going to be a Naboo Queen's court set, and that's such an unusual choice, I have to get it. Also looks like fun to paint.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Went ahead and bought the Shatterpoint starter. Having fun building the huge pile of terrain included. The box feels like a good value, all told.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Chill la Chill posted:

Heads up, coolstuffinc seems to have a flat 20% off sale on top of their reduced MSRP prices, so ~40% off for shatterpoint, legion, etc.

Got the starter and a couple boxes earlier than was originally planning because of it :getin:

Oooh, thank you! I grabbed the two squad boxes left. Padme's Princess Posse was on my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Cease to Hope posted:

The better-looking Yoda with the grey-ish border is an organized play promo. The ugly Yoda is the actual card in packs. And it's a good example of how so many of the cards are just shockingly bad rotoscope.

Top class avatar material.