Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah that's more or less de facto what I did for encounters anyway, and there's a lot of good ideas for stuff to make it interesting beyond just cover/difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but also sad to this thread is dead.

Has anyone tried this game out in Foundry and are there any specific resources for it out there? Any must have modules?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Epi Lepi posted:

Has anyone tried this game out in Foundry and are there any specific resources for it out there? Any must have modules?

There have been occasional brief discussions of Foundry here as recently as just before the thread died. I think the general impression is that the basic system that's out there for it works well. OggDude's character generator imports well into the Foundry SWRPG plug-in. I don't think any specific modules were mentioned.

I do want to mention (for anyone still following the thread) that Edge Studios has actually shipped reprints of the three Beginner Boxes and the dice sets - they're showing up in FLGSs according to reports.

No word yet on new material one way or the other. I for one remain stubbornly hopeful.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Epi Lepi posted:

If you hadn’t heard of it already, I’d recommend RPGSessions instead. Waaay easier and custom built for SWRPG.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
I just finished a year-long campaign which I ran in Foundry. The system works fairly well overall, but there are also some very annoying technical issues around things like attachments and vehicles.

I did try switching to RPG Sessions at one point, which was a simpler experience but also lacked a lot of Foundry’s functionality. It ended up not being a good fit for the way I run the system and I went back to Foundry in short order.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I do want to mention (for anyone still following the thread) that Edge Studios has actually shipped reprints of the three Beginner Boxes and the dice sets - they're showing up in FLGSs according to reports.

No word yet on new material one way or the other. I for one remain stubbornly hopeful.

I can confirm that the beginner boxes and dice are being reprinted, I saw all of these with Edge branding in my LGS yesterday.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm just gonna be forever grateful we got all 18 career splatbooks and the two clone wars books -- I doubt I'll ever run anything in the clone wars era but having stats for all this stuff laying around and those generic battle Jedi spec trees is plenty for me

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I ran a bunch of sessions in foundry, it worked well. Just handling all the dice mechanics is key. Sheets import from oggdudes, but it did mean that i kept all the oggdude "masters" and sync'd them with the players after the game sessions, not a big deal but involved some back and forth when players wanted to see options. I bet forge would fix that.

Pangaea Ultima
Sep 7, 2005

Fun Shoe
I also ran a year+ campaign using Foundry and I was overall pretty happy with it. I had previously run a year-long campaign using Roll20 and that always felt like a huge, frustrating chore for SWRPG. Foundry has a learning curve for sure, and there were some quirks with the SWRPG module, but overall it felt way more stable and predictable, which is what you hope for. I also just really prefer paying a one-time license fee and being able to run it off my computer and knowing I have everything backed up locally. From my friends perspective it was about on-par with playing via roll20 (which they'd only used for the previous game I'd run, so roll20 die-hards may have a different experience).

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Lemniscate Blue posted:

There have been occasional brief discussions of Foundry here as recently as just before the thread died. I think the general impression is that the basic system that's out there for it works well. OggDude's character generator imports well into the Foundry SWRPG plug-in. I don't think any specific modules were mentioned.

I was digging around the subreddit this morning and they claim that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoSzzgfjpI that the Edge Studios person that's being interviewed confirms that new stuff is coming once they've reprinted everything. I say claim because I have not watched the video myself.

Talkie Toaster posted:

If you hadn’t heard of it already, I’d recommend RPGSessions instead. Waaay easier and custom built for SWRPG.

I will look at this but I already have a Foundry License and Forge subscription for my Pathfinder2e games which is why I asked about Foundry specifically.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Edge is doing a "first of its kind" Cthulhu RPG instead of new Star Wars stuff lol.

https://twitter.com/edge_english/status/1765399441648029882

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ah yes first of its kind, there are no Cthulhu mythos roleplaying games out there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Elendil004 posted:

Ah yes first of its kind, there are no Cthulhu mythos roleplaying games out there.

Amusingly FFG has also announced an Arkham Horror RPG.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Dawgstar posted:

Amusingly FFG has also announced an Arkham Horror RPG.

They are one and the same, when Asmodee dismembered FFG, they sent all its RPG content to Edge to do with what they will. So Edge is doing the Arkham Horror RPG for FFG has no longer the tools to do so.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Technically correct because no one has created a RPG specifically on the Arkham Horror IP

And that’s the best kind of correct

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

As much as I love the Star Wars system, CoC and its various branches (Pulp and Delta Green) already do everything that I could ever want in a Lovecraftian roleplaying game :shrug:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HidaO-Win posted:

They are one and the same, when Asmodee dismembered FFG, they sent all its RPG content to Edge to do with what they will. So Edge is doing the Arkham Horror RPG for FFG has no longer the tools to do so.

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about Edge.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about Edge.

As far as I can tell, this is the first thing they've produced in like 5 years.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
were they technically the producers of the reprints?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

FishFood posted:

As far as I can tell, this is the first thing they've produced in like 5 years.

They did Adventures in Rokugan, a 5E D&D mod of L5R best described as Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert present Legend of the Five Rings.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

HidaO-Win posted:

They did Adventures in Rokugan, a 5E D&D mod of L5R best described as Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert present Legend of the Five Rings.

I thought it was going to be bad, but I didn't realize it was that bad

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Jesus, that's grim. I remember thinking "oh, this won't be too bad, they'll come out with some new books in about a year or so" when Edge took over, but clearly they have had other, greater problems if that's all they have produced in the 5 or 6 years since they took over all of FFG's lines.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard to write an RPG when asmodee sold all your furniture and computers to make a quick buck

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's a shame because there's definitely a The Dark Times sourcebook to be made expanding on the material from Andor and Obi Wan and a New Republic one in BobF and Mando.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

alg posted:

Edge is doing a "first of its kind" Cthulhu RPG instead of new Star Wars stuff lol.

https://twitter.com/edge_english/status/1765399441648029882

Call of Cthuhlu shakes violently in the corner.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

But seriously it's great that they're adapting the system to fill this underserved RPG niche where hitherto we've only had Call of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Invictus, Cthulhu Dark Ages, Cthulhu by Gaslight, Achtung! Cthulhu, Atomic Age Cthulhu, Cthulhu Now, Delta Green, Cthulhu Rising, Call of Cthulhu D20, Cthulhu Dark Cthulhu Live (the LARP rules), CthulhuTech, De Profoundis, Eldrich Skies, Cats of Catthulhu, GURPS Cthulhupunk, Realms of Cthulhu, and Trail of Cthulhu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I am partially surprised this wasn't developed sooner, to be honest. It's glaringly obvious from that teaser that the starter set is just Night of the Zealot, the Arkham Horror LCG core set scenario from way back in 2016. With all the art that's been produced between then and now for the card game, along with the bones of nine other campaign-length stories, I feel like it's easy-pickin's to shove out a decent amount of content without too much effort.

Is that too cynical?