Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Fantasy Flight Games has spent a couple years now fleshing out their Star Wars RPG from beta to now two full core books, and an upcoming core book for Force & Destiny in the spring of 2015. The game focuses on narrative gameplay using special Star Wars dice. Couple these new mechanics with FFG's amazing production values and you have one of the best Star Wars games ever produced.

Core Books

The first core book, Edge of the Empire, focused on scum & villainy and adventures outside of the typical Star Wars movie stories about the Rebellion & Empire. Players can play as Bounty Hunters, Hired Guns, Explorers, Technicians, Fringers, or Smugglers. Obligation is the mechanic unique to this system. Obligation is basically the reason a character is being played in an adventure; they have to pay someone off, they have an addiction and need to get their fix, they owe someone a favor. Think Han Solo at the end of A New Hope. A player starts with Obligation and tries to "pay it off", and may end up with other obligation aldong the way.

The second core book, Age of Rebellion explores the traditional Star Wars RPG turf: the Galactic Civil War. Players can play as Rebel agents, subject to Duty, in 6 careers: Ace, Commander, Diplomat, Engineer, Soldier, and Spy. Duty is the opposite of Obligation: you start with very little, and earn it as you do your Duty to the Alliance. Duty allows you to "purchase" perks, goods, favors, etc. and raises your status in the Rebellion.

Force and Destiny is the last core book in the series. The book centers around use of the Force and running Jedi characters. These aren't prequel Jedi who run, jump, and force slam everything. They aren't EU Jedi who pull Star Destroyers out of orbit. Think of Obi-Wan in A New Hope; the old trickster who can handle a lightsaber. Jedi use Morality, a new mechanic pitting two facets of an emotion against each other. The character handles Morality in a Bioware-esque fashion, falling to the Dark side after enough immoral actions, or becoming a paragon of the Light after many adventures spent doing good.

Beginners Games

These boxed games are very popular right now in RPGs. There is a beginner game for each of the core rulebooks officially released:

The Edge of the Empire beginner game focuses on a party of pre-generated characters fighting their way through Mos Shuuta on Tatooine. It comes with great maps, dice, tokens, an intro rulebook, and an adventure. It's very easy to pick up and run, and has a bonus adventure online for free on FFG's site.

The Age of Rebellion beginner game gives the Rebellion the same treatment as the previous beginner game. It comes with maps, dice, pre-generated characters, an intro rulebook, tokens, and an adventure. There's a free follow-up adventure on FFG's site for it.

The Force & Destiny beginner game gives force users a beginner game. Maps, dice, pre-gens, etc. Assume there will be a follow up adventure.

The Force Awakens beginner game will feature adventures on Jakku and comes loaded with goodies like the other beginner adventures.

Adventures

There are three standalone adventures published for the system so far:

Beyond the Rim, a space exploration adventure to the edge of the galaxy looking for a lost ship on a jungle planet. Includes rules for cybernetics.

The Jewel of Yavin, an adventure to Cloud City. Includes racing rules.

Onslaught at Arda 1, a desperate defense against an Imperial attack that helps bring Edge characters into the Rebellion. Includes rules for mass combat.

Mask of the Pirate Queen, a bounty hunting adventure to catch a powerful Pirate Queen.

Chronicles of the Gatekeeper is the first Force and Destiny adventure.

Sourcebooks

Enter the Unknown

A sourcebook for Explorers, introduces new gear, specializations like Big Game Hunter and Archaeologist (Indiana Jones) and new vehicles/ships. Also features rules for Chiss, Duros and Toydarians.

Suns of Fortune

A Corellian sourcebook that includes rules for Drall, Selonians, and Corellian humans. This book also has gear, ships and vehicles, and new locales like Centerpoint Station.

Dangerous Covenants

New rules for Hired guns, including new gear, weapons, ships, vehicles, talents, and rules for Aqualish, Weequay, and Klatooinians.

Far Horizons

The colonist sourcebook. Includes rules for homesteads, new talents, gear, weapons, vehicles, and ships. Also includes rules to play as Gran, Chevin, and Arcona.

Stay on Target

A career book for the Ace. It has Beast riding, rigger, and hotshot trees, along with Chadra-Fan, Dressellian, and Xexto races, plus rules to play as an astromech.

Lords of Nal Hutta

A Hutt space sourcebook, with black market rules, Sakiyans, Nikto, Ganks, and Hutts.

Fly Casual

A career sourcebook for Smugglers.

Desperate Allies

Diplomat sourcebook. New races: Caamasi, Neimoidian, Gossam.

Strongholds of Resistance

Setting sourcebook for Age of Rebellion including places like Chandrilla and Echo Base.

Lead by Example

Commander Sourcebook.

Keeping the Peace is a sourcebook for Jedi Guardians.

Special Modifications

New career sourcebook for Technicians adding slicing and droid modification.

Nexus of Power

Sourcebook for F&D locations.

Savage Spirits

Seeker sourcebook for F&D.

Forged in Battle

Soldier sourcebook for Age of Rebellion.

Endless Vigil

Sentinel sourcebook for Force & Destiny

Accessories

You can buy Star Wars Dice separately, and there is an app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyflightgames.swdice&hl=en

There are talent decks for player characters and NPC decks are coming for GMs.

There's also a GM screen for each game:

The Edge of the Empire GM screen comes with an adventure, and rules for creating Nemeses. The Age of Rebellion GM Screen comes with an adventure, and rules for using squads.

Adversary decks: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5076

Crit decks: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/6/4/hard-knocks/

OK, what should I buy?

If you want to get into the game, the Beginners games are great value. The dice are worth half the cost of the box alone; you get maps, intro rules, and two adventures (thanks to the free online supplements) for under 30 bucks. Which game you pick is up to you.

It's easy to integrate characters into both games. You can have Obligation and Duty all in one game, and each character can have both. This isn't like the WH40k roleplaying games where some characters are stronger than others. Even the F&D characters can work with AoR and EotE characters, though the beta book warns that Jedi get much stronger eventually.

The Core books are huge, well worth their 60 dollar price tags. Both include all the rules you need to play. It's really up to the GM as to what kind of campaign to run.

After that, your purchases are really up to you. The published adventures have all been pretty good, full of great fluff and art, and some new mechanics.

How do the dice work? I don't want to buy custom dice.

The dice work really well. You roll a dice pool, combining trained skills and natural abilities, against a difficulty, adding in any boosts from your friends or setbacks from your environment. Then you look at the symbols that come up when you roll:

All you need is one success to succeed. Successes are cancelled by Failures. Advantages are the narrative aspect of the game; you use these to represent side effects, and you can "spend" them to initiate game mechanics. The GM can spend threat in a similar way. Triumph means something great has happened (like firing a proton torpedo down a narrow shaft into a 3 meter wide exhaust port without the aid of a targeting computer) and Despair means something terrible has happened (like the hyperdrive motivator has gone out after your trip through an asteroid field). The GM helps adjudicate these dice results but the players drive a lot of the narrative with regards to Advantage and Triumph.

What free stuff is there out there?

There's a character builder.

There is Roll20 support

Free adventures:

Under a Black sun intro

Long Arm of the Hutt (bonus adventure for EotE beginner game)

Operation Shadowpoint (bonus adventure for AoR beginner game)

alg fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

News:

Added Chronicles of the Gatekeeper

6/4/15

Crit decks are available: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/6/4/hard-knocks/

2/10/15

Desperate Allies announced. F&D Core and GM screen announced.

9/23/14

Adversary decks released.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5076

9/15/14

Lords of Nal Hutta announced for Edge of the Empire. Setting sourcebook for Hutt Space. Sakiyans, Nikto, Ganks, and Hutts.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5053

8/22/14

Stay On Target announced for Age of Rebellion. A career book for the Ace. It has Beast riding, rigger, and hotshot trees, along with Chadra-Fan, Dressellian, and Xexto races, plus rules to play as an astromech.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5009

8/20/14

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4927

Rebellion Day is September 13th. Stores can purchase a kit to run an adventure and send everyone home with maps, character sheets, and 1 pack of dice.

Rebellion Day stores are up:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5035

Force & Destiny beta is out at GenCon.

alg fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 22, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
This is a drat sexy OP. I like the rundown of all the released books.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

jivjov posted:

This is a drat sexy OP. I like the rundown of all the released books.

Of course, that means alg is stuck updating it. With Force and Destiny coming out imminently, that's three product lines popping up new products.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

homullus posted:

Of course, that means alg is stuck updating it. With Force and Destiny coming out imminently, that's three product lines popping up new products.

But it's FFG, so that's, what, two book a month?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Nerf jedi.

But also buff them.

Nerf and buff select parts of jedi.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

jivjov posted:

But it's FFG, so that's, what, two book a month?

Two more times a month than most OPs need to be updated. :)

Regarding Jedi, there's of course still time for them to be different, since it actually is the beta. Personally, I like the generally-weak Jedi, because in a post-Yavin 4 campaign, most of them will be people who started out as something else. I like them still using their guns or whatever. I know it's meant as a standalone, but I think they function much better as an endgame for EotE and/or AoR.

I am also eager to see what signature abilities they come up with for Jedi (if there are any).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

homullus posted:

Two more times a month than most OPs need to be updated. :)

Regarding Jedi, there's of course still time for them to be different, since it actually is the beta. Personally, I like the generally-weak Jedi, because in a post-Yavin 4 campaign, most of them will be people who started out as something else. I like them still using their guns or whatever. I know it's meant as a standalone, but I think they function much better as an endgame for EotE and/or AoR.

I am also eager to see what signature abilities they come up with for Jedi (if there are any).

Yeah, it'll be a while before we see SigAbilities for them, since those come with the Career splats...but I would think those would be the perfect place to put crazy poo poo like Force Unleashed-level stunts into.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Sorry for Double Post, but this is completely unrelated to my last one.

What did we find out about the "adversary decks" or whatever they were called? When I first saw a post about them, I thought they were tagged as F&D specific, but the posted picture was a "citizens of the galaxy" deck with generic SW RPG packaging. What exactly are these?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I remember seeing this at the shop earlier. I didn't realize it was Fantasy Flight (take more of my money, dammit!), nor did I realize it used dice like that. I thought it was another version of babby's first RPG (DnD) and d20 mechanics.

Now I have to check this out. :shepspends:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The Beginner Box sounds like exactly what you need. A set of dice, an intro rule book and adventure, and set of pregen characters. Lets you get a feel for the system without the $60 investment of a core book. Plus it's a dice set that you'll end up needing anyway.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

jivjov posted:

Sorry for Double Post, but this is completely unrelated to my last one.

What did we find out about the "adversary decks" or whatever they were called? When I first saw a post about them, I thought they were tagged as F&D specific, but the posted picture was a "citizens of the galaxy" deck with generic SW RPG packaging. What exactly are these?

They're exactly what they sound like, decks full of NPCs for your party to deal with. Each one has some artwork and a stat block on it. There are "Scum and Villany," "Citizens of the Galaxy" and "Imperials and Rebels" decks.

They look F&D specific because they use the black and gold color scheme, but they're universal.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

They're exactly what they sound like, decks full of NPCs for your party to deal with. Each one has some artwork and a stat block on it. There are "Scum and Villany," "Citizens of the Galaxy" and "Imperials and Rebels" decks.

They look F&D specific because they use the black and gold color scheme, but they're universal.

These will be a big time-saver for me, even in online games, since I don't program enemy stats into the roll20 tokens (yet).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
A guy on FFG's forums bought all 3 adversary decks at GenCon and posted a couple nice closeup pics:

, ,

These look drat good.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

jivjov posted:

A guy on FFG's forums bought all 3 adversary decks at GenCon and posted a couple nice closeup pics:

, ,

These look drat good.

This, I need. Any word on mass release?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Missile tubes sound like a recipe for the least fun encounter ever. Although since he's carrying at least 16 encumbrance with a Brawn of 4, rolling 7 black dice on every gunnery check with it means he'll probably miss. The idea of a very out of breath HK droid is kind of funny though. "Question: Has anyone seen my inhaler?"

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 19, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Bedurndurn posted:

Missile tubes sound like a recipe for the least fun encounter ever. Although since he's carrying at least 16 encumbrance with a Brawn of 4, rolling 7 black dice on every gunnery check with it means he'll probably miss. The idea of a very out of breath HK droid is kind of funny though. "Question: Has anyone seen my inhaler?"

The only thing he is carrying is the Light repeating blaster, everything else is built-in. so no encumbrance on those.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The missile launcher clearly mentions encumberance on the item description.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

LumberingTroll posted:

The only thing he is carrying is the Light repeating blaster, everything else is built-in. so no encumbrance on those.

Says who? I see absolutely nothing in the droids and equipment box on pg 47 about 'and none of your gear has encumbrance'.

He's got a missile launcher that's huge (seriously, there's a pic of a storm trooper with one from the EotE book)
with 6 missiles in it. Its encumbrance value is that of the typical Brawn 2 humanoid. You are not building that in to a humanoid robot without everyone in the world noticing the giant loving cannon sticking out of your chest.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 19, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I had a completely impromptu live game tonight. My party consists of an ex-Imperial Commando, a crazy 5-brawn lady thug, a Han Solo-alike who literally cannot stop making wisecracks that will get him beat up, and a B1 battle droid wearing a wookiee pelt.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Read the rules on creating a droid player character, parts that are "built in" do not count for carrying encumbrance.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

LumberingTroll posted:

Read the rules on creating a droid player character, parts that are "built in" do not count for carrying encumbrance.

So starting on page 45 of the EotE book and continuing through the entire section on Droids, here is every sentence that contains the word 'encumbrance'.

EotE p45-47 posted:

Here's the droids and equipment box from the bottom of p47.

EotE p47 posted:

Droid and Equipment

Droids do not typically wear clothing, and many items of equipment that organics would have to carry separately may actually be part of a droid's body. For this reason, droids are allowed to treat certain pieces of equipment differently than other characters. For example, if a droid purchases and wears armor, the player can simply say his character has upgraded armor plates on his body, or a reinforced outer covering. Likewise, he could have an upgraded verbobrain instead of a datapad, or an internal communications device instead of a comlink (although many droids do carry equipment such as datapads and comlinks).

I'm not intentionally trying to be a dick here, but unless you're looking at an different book, there's nothing in here that supports your claim.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bedurndurn posted:

So starting on page 45 of the EotE book and continuing through the entire section on Droids, here is every sentence that contains the word 'encumbrance'.

Here's the droids and equipment box from the bottom of p47.

I'm not intentionally trying to be a dick here, but unless you're looking at an different book, there's nothing in here that supports your claim.

Droids still have Encumbrance for everything. All those fancy internal components still have weight.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
I just got the Age of rebellion core book - and it's really neat! Except that I've read the sections on Duty about four times and cannot figure out how you are supposed to increase a character's Duty score. Do you spend XP on it? If so, what does it cost? Does the GM just hand it out in exchange for accomplishing appropriate tasks? What's a good rate to dish it out?

Is there a section on this in the book that I'm missing? Some errata I can't find on FFG's website?

Edit: Haha, "Big Idiot, Bad Post" - is this the new "Stupid Newbie" avatar?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Emerald Rogue posted:

I just got the Age of rebellion core book - and it's really neat! Except that I've read the sections on Duty about four times and cannot figure out how you are supposed to increase a character's Duty score. Do you spend XP on it? If so, what does it cost? Does the GM just hand it out in exchange for accomplishing appropriate tasks? What's a good rate to dish it out?

Is there a section on this in the book that I'm missing? Some errata I can't find on FFG's website?

Edit: Haha, "Big Idiot, Bad Post" - is this the new "Stupid Newbie" avatar?

The GM chapter handles this.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Looks like I'm going to be GM'ing EotE for the first time this Friday for some strangers on the internet. I've never GM'd before, and really don't have any non-PbP experience in general. Anyone have any tips?

For this first session I want to run it as a group test -- testing myself as a GM, and testing the chemistry of a group of strangers on Skype -- so I want a one-off adventure. If things go well, I'll start off a campaign with the following session, allowing those who stuck around to carry their characters over. Which published module would work best for this as a one-off, or should I try to homebrew something basic in the next couple days?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Drone posted:

Looks like I'm going to be GM'ing EotE for the first time this Friday for some strangers on the internet. I've never GM'd before, and really don't have any non-PbP experience in general. Anyone have any tips?

For this first session I want to run it as a group test -- testing myself as a GM, and testing the chemistry of a group of strangers on Skype -- so I want a one-off adventure. If things go well, I'll start off a campaign with the following session, allowing those who stuck around to carry their characters over. Which published module would work best for this as a one-off, or should I try to homebrew something basic in the next couple days?

Do you have either of the Beginner Boxes? They have little one-off campaigns in them and work just fine with either the pre-gen folios or created characters.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Drone posted:

I would try Under a Black Sun, it's free and intended to give people an intro to the game. Roll20 would work great instead of Skype, it runs in Hangouts.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/edge-of-the-empire/adventures/Under%20a%20Black%20Sun%20HiRes.pdf

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

alg posted:

I would try Under a Black Sun, it's free and intended to give people an intro to the game. Roll20 would work great instead of Skype, it runs in Hangouts.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/edge-of-the-empire/adventures/Under%20a%20Black%20Sun%20HiRes.pdf

Is this to say there some sort of integrated functionality between Hangouts and Roll20? Because that sounds neat. I've done a lot Roll 20 + skype though.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

Is this to say there some sort of integrated functionality between Hangouts and Roll20? Because that sounds neat. I've done a lot Roll 20 + skype though.

You can host a Roll20 inside hangouts, using the hangouts voice/video and using whatever hangouts apps you like. There's an EOTE dice tool for Hangouts if you aren't a Roll20 mentor and can't use API scripts.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

alg posted:

The only "problem" with Under a Black Sun is that it handles Obligation in way that's kind of different from the main game. Otherwise, it is all good fun. The Beginner Box adventure is a better introduction to all of the mechanics of the game (including the ones I don't like as much, for space combat).

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013

alg posted:

The GM chapter handles this.

I am either dense (totally possible) or have a defective book, because I am looking at the core book right now and can't find anything more specific than these lines in the GM section:

Age of Rebellion posted:

Since the Player Characters can gain Duty at character creation, as well as earn it though their actions, GMs should make sure to reward players with high Duty scores for their commitment and accomplishment ... the completion of an adventure should alter the amount of Duty the characters and party carry forward.

Is that it? That's as specific as the book gets? If so, that's cool, but I was sort of hoping for a guideline on advancing Duty, like the book gives for handing out XP.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Back to droid encumbrance...it's not supported by the book itself, but I would make a case for built in items having a reduced encumbrance, much like worn armor has less than carried.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Emerald Rogue posted:

I am either dense (totally possible) or have a defective book, because I am looking at the core book right now and can't find anything more specific than these lines in the GM section:

Is that it? That's as specific as the book gets? If so, that's cool, but I was sort of hoping for a guideline on advancing Duty, like the book gives for handing out XP.

Weeeeeird. So in the Beta, there is a sidebar. It encourages a reward of 1-10 duty for achieving the goal of their Duty, with magnitude based on how much they did toward their duty. I'm still searching, but it's not in the "Using Duty" section of the GM chapter.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Drone posted:

As someone who also just started GMing - and with a group who have never used the system before - I'd really recommend the Beginner's Box adventure. It exposes the PCs to a little bit of everything (combat, social stuff, space combat) and introduces the mechanics little bits at a time. It's flexible, too, so the adventure is open to using combat, stealth, etc., if that's how your group wants to play. They get a bitchin' modified YT-1300 for their efforts and you can set them up with a recurring nemesis if they don't kill him. If your group clicks, you can then transition into the Long Arm of the Hutt adventure that's available online, a three-part adventure that I'm running now while I write original stuff.

If you wish to run your own adventure, follow the core rulebook's guidelines: have at least one combat encounter, a social encounter, a space encounter... it'll give you the chance to scope out your group.

In other news, I came up with a cool adventure hook the other night that I'm going to write for my group. It's not exactly canon afaik but I'm going to have an Alliance operative approach the group (possibly without naming himself as such), offering them payment for scouting a planet's feasibility to support a base. That planet? An icy wasteland in the outer rim, the sixth planet of the Hoth system. Of course, something will go tits up on their approach and the group will crash-land, then have to survive a few days on Hoth while they can fix up their ship. I'm thinking this adventure will be able to show off some skills that haven't had much use yet (like Survival), and be able to have them fight a Wampa and ride some Tauntauns while giving them the chance to visit Hoth without Rebellion baggage just yet.

Of course, based on the PC's findings, the end of the adventure will presumably be their contact deciding that Hoth just isn't suitable at the moment, but thank you anyway :downs:

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013

alg posted:

Weeeeeird. So in the Beta, there is a sidebar. It encourages a reward of 1-10 duty for achieving the goal of their Duty, with magnitude based on how much they did toward their duty. I'm still searching, but it's not in the "Using Duty" section of the GM chapter.

That seems reasonable enough - so reasonable that I can't believe they yanked it from the final core book!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The Narrator posted:

As someone who also just started GMing - and with a group who have never used the system before - I'd really recommend the Beginner's Box adventure.

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. I may have to cancel this week as the starting point for my first foray into GM'ing. My ISP has been loving up in the evenings and just stops working for between 30 minutes and 2-3 hours at a time. It's annoying as all gently caress and I'm not expecting a quick resolution. :( Maybe I'll just spend the time refining a campaign idea I've got for a big PbP instead.

The Narrator posted:

In other news, I came up with a cool adventure hook the other night that I'm going to write for my group. It's not exactly canon afaik but I'm going to have an Alliance operative approach the group (possibly without naming himself as such), offering them payment for scouting a planet's feasibility to support a base. That planet? An icy wasteland in the outer rim, the sixth planet of the Hoth system. Of course, something will go tits up on their approach and the group will crash-land, then have to survive a few days on Hoth while they can fix up their ship. I'm thinking this adventure will be able to show off some skills that haven't had much use yet (like Survival), and be able to have them fight a Wampa and ride some Tauntauns while giving them the chance to visit Hoth without Rebellion baggage just yet.

Of course, based on the PC's findings, the end of the adventure will presumably be their contact deciding that Hoth just isn't suitable at the moment, but thank you anyway :downs:

This is a pretty cool idea and ties the PCs into the trilogy well, I feel like it'd be popular.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

alg posted:

Yeah, they removed it after beta. I do not know why, but I only found out when I went on Google.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Force and Destiny beta site is live.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Reminder for new thread: if you want digital map making goods, PM me.