Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

So I'm a watched-the-movies, got-partway-into-a-book Star Wars fan. My players, I suspect, have never read even part of a book.

How tenable is FFGSW for us? Do you need to know which bounty hunter infiltrated which base dressed as which entertainer to make sense of the setting, or extrapolate within it from the prepackaged adventure information?

I like Star Wars and I like the mechanics, but I don't want to be lost in the universe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kingcom posted:

I've never read or really looked at star wars outside of the movies and cartoons and I completely get whats going on. Feel free to just fill in the blanks or misunderstanding with whatever you like and think would be cool/appropriate.

OK, cool.

My concern was that some later adventure would contradict my flailings in a painful way.

I will make things up!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

echopapa posted:

Okay, but it isn’t listed as Restricted so if you go rolling around the galaxy in a Death Star nobody’s going to complain.

"Tell him he can't fly that thing here."
"Uh, gently caress off. You tell him."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Drone posted:

My shoot-from-the-hip thought (harrrrrr) would be that if the first shot with the good weapon hits and activates the second weapon with advantage, roll a Setback die and see if it counteracts the advantage. If it doesn't, the shot from the Inaccurate weapon hits -- if it does, the Inaccurate weapon misses.

But that might be mathematically wonky and arbitrary, but it makes weird sense in my head.

This is where my head went, but it seems a bit fiddly.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Drone posted:

Thematically, the reasoning behind it would be that the second weapon's Inferior quality shouldn't affect the ability of the first weapon to hit. If the Setback from the Inferior weapon were applied to the entire roll, that would be the case.

Totally get it thematically and mechanically. I’m just concerned about adding more complexity to attack evaluation.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Elendil004 posted:

Then when medals get handed out, snuff them because anti-wookie racism.

Gosh, I sure hope you mean “stiff them”!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Let him move 10 meters, problem solved?