Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Valatar posted:

Like almost every other rifle in Star Wars, that is a pistol. It's faintly ridiculous that the RPG mandates a separate skill for them when people have no problem slinging them around one-handed and pretty much nobody actually uses sights.

Come now, there are plenty of comically oversized rifles in Star Wars covering the other extreme of things. It's just reasonably-sized actual rifles that seem largely absent.

The Firelance is specifically called out as effectively being a carbine in its description; I think in Star Wars that just means its a pistol with a weird stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
I just finished a year-long campaign which I ran in Foundry. The system works fairly well overall, but there are also some very annoying technical issues around things like attachments and vehicles.

I did try switching to RPG Sessions at one point, which was a simpler experience but also lacked a lot of Foundry’s functionality. It ended up not being a good fit for the way I run the system and I went back to Foundry in short order.