Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Does anyone have a line on any good space station maps/deckplans I could use for an Edge game? A smaller station, I want to use it as an Imperial Customs checkpoint/impound station.

For Star Wars, no, but there's a million Star Trek blueprints out there. Maybe something could be adapted to your needs?

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/space-station-k7.php
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/starbase-79-blueprints.php
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/space-laboratory-regula-1.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Madurai posted:

The Kelly's Heroes setup seems like it would also work for an Imperial campaign.

So could Hogan's Heroes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fuzz posted:

Nobody wants to be Princess Leia!

Why am I always the one getting enslaved by the Hutts?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Lexx

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Covok posted:

I'm so lost at their reasoning. They sold off both of their ships before getting the new ship from the benefactor? Hell, before they even, ever met their benefactor? Why would you ever, ever do that? Why?

Just for kicks, give them The Enterprise.

This is a fair point, they shouldn't be rewarded.

Give them a Bajoran Lightship

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I prefer to imagine all intergalactic communications are handled via smuggled R2 units

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

echopapa posted:

Living starship. Exterior is covered in eyes. Every door is a sphincter.

I already suggested the Lexx tho

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jivjov posted:

Honestly the worst I've seen is some mocking of funny dice symbols..and only from people who never actually tried playing.

This is my friend. The grognardiest of the grognards. He refuses to even consider this a valid Star Wars system because some guy he was talking to at a con talked about the weird dice, so therefor the system is bad.

d6 starwars or death is his motto (only the original WEG version, mind)

He also refuses to play any edition of Shadowrun after 3rd because "wireless is dumb and the index is bad"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jivjov posted:

I can understand a bit of trepidation. Dice are intuitive, even gaming dice with more than 6 sides. They're a quick and easy way to generate a random number. Replacing numerals with symbols, and having 4 completely different pairs of symbols (including the force dice pips) is adding a layer of abstraction to something that previously was completely intuitive. But just because something is different does not make it bad.

He's never even looked at it. It's some guy he talks to every year at the con, and that guy talked poo poo, so he won't even look at it.

I've basically learned to ignore his opinions on, well, everything.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fuzz posted:

I wanna run a Roll 20 game with mixed rules on Tuesday evenings. Thinking about setting it during the Mandalorian Wars or the Clone Wars with the players being a squad of troopers with a few Jedi as their COs, kinda in a Dirty Dozen style. Anyone interested?

I'd love to other than the fact it is on Tuesdays :negative:

(unless you mean "evenings" to be after 9pm Central)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I kind of identify. Our Traveler group never got too cheap over docking fees or anything like that but the GM described a sinister plant infested space station so creepily, the entire party decided it was a huge trap so we did a 180 and got the hell out of there, basically abandoning an adventure that took the GM days to write I'm sure. People can get stubborn about weird things.

Did the same thing in a D&D game once, GM had some big scary thorn tunnel leading up to the cave we 100% had to get in to, so we just stone shaped around it. He was visibly dejected.

I'm with nelson on this one, you can only make something look so forbidding without a carrot (or gun to the head) of some variety.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'll have you know Indiana was just out for a walk and bumped into that cave and said "gently caress it, I've got a bag of sand, let's do this"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jivjov posted:

Just gloss over it. It's not worth straining anyone's brain over "why are these guys traveling together". You just are.

Simpler for everyone that way haha.

It's a love quadrangle

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Covok posted:

Odd thought, but is there literally any reason to play D6, d20, or SAGA over Fantasy Flight?

If you're a giant grognard like my GM who thinks the d6 system is the greatest thing ever and hates the fantasy flight system because players can contribute to the narrative via dice

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ProfessorCirno posted:

Also, I feel the need to clarify - I actually have no idea of Star Wars d6 is good or not because I never played it. I've heard bits here and there about jedi being out of whack (what else is new) but can't confirm anything myself.

In d6 everyone is a Jedi or no one is. The take a bit to get going but they're vastly more powerful than everyone else one that happens. The only thing that even vaguely balances them is the retarded wild die you always roll since if you roll a one with a lightsaber you have a high chance of hurting yourself

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Unicron

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doggir posted:

Right which mando armor has 5 hard points letting you customize it quite a bit

Mando armor is also restricted, which makes it a little less ideal when you're trying to be unobtrusive

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PupsOfWar posted:

I also spend a lot of time scheming around my team's wookiee, an Armorer/Marauder.

There's really only one thing to do with people that minmax that hard

Alternately do nothing but social encounters from now on

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PupsOfWar posted:

- Even scarier if you later spec into Heavy, which boosts your base damage and lets you ignore the difficulty penalty on autofire attacks.

At least the base damage bonus is only at long and extreme range, where it gets offset a bit by the difficulty.

Need to add in the targeting cybernetic implant while you're at it for more free advantages tho!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
WEG star wars suffers from the worst dice rolling mechanic of all time in the form of a wild die that causes you to have a failure of some sort 1/6 of the time

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FuriousAngle posted:

I dunno about iOS, but I just found it by going to the Play Store and searching "Star Wars" "Adversaries". This looks like the one for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saladdragon.adversaries

It's cool to share links like this, right?

If it isn't everyone in the Android games thread is gonna get banned :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crumbletron posted:

I'm going through Chronicles of the Gatekeeper with my friends right now, and we reached the penultimate chapter where they need to visit an underwater Jedi temple that's been abandoned. The book says it's possible to use their ship underwater, but it makes many checks harder than if they used one with aquatic capabilities. So, I wanted to give them an option to get one, should they wish to do so. What's a decent ship I could offer them? It wouldn't be for free, but I'll let them figure out how to proceed with the acquisition.

You could dig out some of the Mon Calamari designs from the d6 game

e: Like the good ol' deepwater

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DeepWater-class_light_freighter

Azhais fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 12, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They can still get pretty Jedi-ish with base book stuff

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't think the kotors are considered canon

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
My general rule for loot, in all games really, is "Is this really something that I want to have to deal with in the future?"

FishFood posted:

I'm mostly curious about the starship creation rules and if they're mostly player facing or if GMs can get some good use from them too.

How :filez: are photos of the rules on this forum?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reik posted:

They replaced the T-Series Tactical Droids with Super Tactical Droids because they were mouthing off to their humanoid commanders meatbags.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reik posted:

Yeah, you should probably send an overwhelming force to really push the whole "you guys are supposed to be on the run" narrative.

Two overwhelming forces just in case someone has last one standing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solemn Sloth posted:

Today one of my players learnt that if someone with a lightsabre is trying to escape you should probably let them rather than get in their way.

Nah, you just shoot them with flamethrowers

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Robot Style posted:

So my question is does anyone have any thoughrs about what would the galaxy look like 30 years after Episode 1 if Palpatine was exposed shortly after the invasion of Naboo?

https://youtu.be/P8ghXxXyAuw

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
As an added bonus the 290 is available in the x-wing game so you can even have an appropriate mini

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah, buy your books while you can. :rip:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
For using the real dice sure, but they do have a table early in all the core books about what faces to use on normal polyhedron dice. Probably wouldn't take too much effort to remember that, or print out some dice rolling mat with the info right on there. Still not as cool as the real thing but easily manageable.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.enworld.org/threads/ffg-star-wars-other-roleplaying-games-arent-going-away-after-all.670882/

Sounds like the star wars books are moving to a different company owned by the same parent company, so the game isn't dead after all

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TotalHell posted:

The current system is totally usable. Just become a grognard who declares 1.0 the only “real” edition and insist it’s what your groups use.

That’s if they even do a system refresh, which I’m not sure they would.

I see you've met my GM. Tho replace 1.0 with WEG

e: https://youtu.be/E6Pu7RmbCCQ

YouTube interview with Asmodee with some more details. Apparently they're going with a lot of freelance work on star wars featuring a lot of the old ffg staff

Azhais fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 13, 2020

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Madurai posted:

Every weapon should have Vicious.

I prefer viscous weapons

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone have experiences with roll20 vs foundry for this? Might be running a game with some friends and am looking for opinions

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've got gigabit and a proxmox cluster so hosting is not an issue. I didn't know about the oggdude integration, that's a pretty major plus for foundry on it's own. Thanks, I'll take a look at it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dexo posted:

if you want to try it before you buy it, which I think is one of the biggest faults of Foundry's business model. hit me up. I can load a server.

Thanks but I'll probably just grab it. It's well thought of enough by enough people that the only real holdout was how it worked with fantasy flight specifically, and seems like y'all like it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.facebook.com/edgestudioamerica/posts/365417308660087

Reprints have been announced for next year

quote:

Hello everyone,
We would like to share with you the complete list of Star Wars reprints coming in 2022:

Age of Rebellion :

ESSWA01EN AoR : Beginner Game
ESSWA02EN AoR : Core Rulebook
ESSWA03EN AoR : Game Master's Kit
ESSWE01EN EotE : Beginner Game

Edge of the Empire :

ESSWE02EN EotE : Core Rulebook
ESSWE03EN EotE : Game Master's Kit
ESSWE10EN EotE : Lords of Nal Hutta
ESSWE13EN EotE : Special Modification
ESSWE14EN EotE : No Disintegrations

Force & Destiny :

ESSWF01EN F&D : Beginner Game
ESSWF02EN F&D : Core Rulebook
ESSWF04EN F&D : Chronicles of the gatekeeper
ESSWF06EN F&D : Nexus of Power
ESSWF09EN F&D : Ghosts of Dathomir
ESSWF10EN F&D : Savage Spirits
ESSWF11EN F&D : Knights of Fate

Common universe :

ESSWR03EN Dawn of Rebellion
ESSWR04EN Rise of the Separatists
ESSWR06EN Collapse of the Republic
ESSWR08EN Starships and Speeders
ESSWR02EN Star Wars Roleplay Dice Set

"Bring 'em on! I prefer a straight to all this sneakin' around!" -- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Azhais fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://edge-studio.net/star-wars-edge/

Edge studios finally got a website online, and also mention that they'll be producing new things, not just the reprints.

Hopefully that doesn't just mean an immediate 2e