Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If I wanted to run a Beginner Box at a local tabletop gaming convention, which of the 4 boxes do we all think would be the best to run? I'm leaning toward the TFA one, just to stay in the currently-relevant era of Star Wars...but I haven't actually dug through the content of that one's adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Also got A&A today. Lemme know if anyone wants sweet stats

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

How strong is episode four Obi-Wan Kenobi? And is he stronger than episode three?

Old Ben has 3/3/5/5/5/4, 4 Soak, 15 Wounds and 20 Strain

Adversary 4, FR 6

Can buff nearby Force User's FR by 1 for an encounter, can flip a DP to draw all enemy attacks to him til his next turn ends.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Strange Cares posted:

I'm trying to think of an EoTE one-shot adventure hook for a party consisting of:
A clone soldier deserter who specializes in heavy weaponry named "Artillery" (Artie for short)
A droid mechanic who used to be a companion to a jedi during the clone wars and tried to become a jedi before realizing that droids can't use the force, so now is just mechanically spiritual
A Bothan doctor on the run from crime bosses after falsely practicing chiropracty and stealing their diamonds
A generic scoundrel-type gunslinger.

Any suggestions? Right now I'm leaning towards some kind of heist but I'd like to tie in the characters backstories somehow.

easiest thing to do would be to make the heist something of Clone Wars vintage. A crashed separatist ship or old Republic listening post or something?

Are the doctor and gunslinger old enough to have been doing stuff during the war? You could flash back and do an encounter during a battle or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Rise of the Separatists is finally shipping! Street dated for May 9th

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Today is finally the streetdate for Rise of the Separatists! Hopefully my store got it in! [Edit: they didn't]

Also, another new adversary deck was solicited to retailers, no release date given, Republic and Separatist II, with NPCs and enemies from Collapse of the Republic

jivjov fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 9, 2019

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

This book is really, really good but I wish they had reprinted LAAT and V19

Well, there's hope for those in Collapse of the Republic, I guess

EDIT: The LAAT/i is actually in Rise. Its in with Speeders, not starships.

Carteret posted:

I wonder how much of the new Gear and Gadgets book will be original stuff, not already published.

Speaking of that book, I love the new layout of gear stat blocks. Very readable

jivjov fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 11, 2019

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm curious if they're gonna give Clones a signature ability in Collapse. It seems like they're making Clones functionally identical to every other career (three specs in one book, three more in another), that I hope it happens

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Especially at lower XP, force sensitives are just like any other character that just have a force power or two instead of a couple Talents. This game balances its force users really really well

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Good news: Collapse of the Republic is shipping.

Bad news: the only book in development now is an item vault called Gadget And Gears, which screams "one week from retirement."

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we see a Sequel Trilogy Era book next year after Rise of Skywalker hits, and there's still room for a vehicle compendium and maybe collected books of all the specializations from each line or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Halloween Jack posted:

Why didn't someone warn me that the Order 66 podcast sucks spaceballs? I tried listening to the Rogue One episode and it was ten minutes of plugs, wacky morning DJ voice, and then I realized they recorded it on opening weekend.

They're not bad when they're actually talking about the RPG. They just spend WAY too long on the whole "Gamer Nation" network stuff and whatnot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Someone's got Collapse of the Republic

https://imgur.com/a/Uihueeg

Jedi and Clones get SigAbs!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just got my own copy picked up, if anyone had more info requests

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Admiral Joeslop posted:

For a theoretical Edge game, is there any reason not to offer all the careers from Edge and AoR? Same for Species but I imagine there's much less of a difference there.

Some spec trees assume that you're gonna be in a setting where they make sense (for example, some AoR talents talk about getting more supplies from the rebellion, having better Mass Combat ability, etc) but otherwise there's no issue mixing and matching to your heart's content

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm running the EotE beginner box at a convention this weekend; its been ages since I've looked at the beginner box materials in super depth, and I know there were a couple typos or things that changed from beta to full release but still were in the beta box; anyone remember what those little pitfalls are?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just got done running the beginner box at Kant Con; rousing success, convinced a 3 person group to buy a core book for their own use

In a hilarious aside, the group unanimously decided that the dewback pens in Mos Shuuta were going to be very important, and they released them all into a slow lizardy stampede through the city

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone was looking for them, my FLGS guy just texted me to let me know that the Imperials and Rebels III & the Republic and Separatist adversary decks have shown up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Card lists for the new decks:

Imperial & Rebel III:

Black Claw Saboteur
Boss Agent
Chandrilian Navy Officer
COMPNOR Agent
Death Star Trooper
Death Star Trooper Officer
Death Trooper
IG-RM Series Enforcer Droid
Imperial Vehicle Corps
KX-Series Enforcer Droid
Mechanic
Military Informant
MSE-Series Maintenance Droid
Pilgrim
Polis Massa Base Squadron Pilot
RA-7 Series protocol droid
Shoretrooper
Sandtrooper
Sullistan Resistance Fighter
Whaldon

Republic & Separatist:

Asajj Ventress
B1 Battle Droid
B2 Super Battle Droid
Buzz Droid
C8 Saboteur Droid
Clone Captain
Clone Sergeant
Clone Trooper
Count Dooku
DRK-1 Probe Droid
Droideka
DSD1 Dwarf Spider Droid
Galactic Senator
General Grievous
Geonosian Warrior
IG-100 Magnaguard
Padmé Amidala
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Republic Fleet Officer
T-Series tactical Droid

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just picked up Gadgets and Gear if anyone has info requests

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

My only question is what comes next? I got every book in the line, except for the beginner books now. Which is pretty awesome and I should try to get an IRL group together for a Clone Wars game. But is the line dead? No more books are in-development.

Given that we got characters and gear, there /has/ to be a vehicles book coming in the splat line. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's gonna be a Sequel Trilogy era book announced shortly after TRoS's premiere.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

Disruptors. Just no. They're broken as poo poo and attend fun to fight against as a PC and having them as a PC is super broken because enemy armor becomes meaningless.

That's when you have the thing combust the first time the PC rolls a despair when shooting it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Does anybody know if/where I could get individual dice? I loaned out a few Penalty Dice a thousand years ago and I'm certain they're lost to tide and time now.

You could try a missing part request from FFG, but your mileage may vary on if they'll replace things lost due to neglect rather than missing from original package

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If they already have books and they keep getting sales, there's no reason they can't do more reprints of them....but yeah, if there's anything you desperately want to have, get it sooner rather than later

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I will be forever mad that the original book release pattern didn't hold through all three lines. 3 adventures and 3 sector books per line would have been great....

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Drone posted:

I've been one splatbook away from completing all of the EotE line for like two years. No Disintegrations has eluded me so far here in Europe, and the last shipment that I heard about ~6 months ago was sold out before I could grab a copy :sigh:

Hopefully the stock situation remains relatively okay for awhile on the rest of the line though. I've been wanting to move on to AoR but the budget just isn't there at at the moment.

I can hit my my FLGSs, if you don't mind covering the rather exorbitant shipping from the US to Europe

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Owlbear Camus posted:

I miss gaming in college TBH.

Yeah this is a whole mood. I've been trying to get an eote game off the ground for months; session zero was gonna be in November and now we're looking at the last Saturday in January

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

alg posted:

That seems good for reprints but highly questionable for new content

Article specifically says "and produce new ones" so we'll see.

I hope the change in staff doesn't lead to a noticeable quality or style change

Edit: on further thought...a switch to a new production house would probably be a good time for a version refresh, if they decided to do such a thing

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I got mine from my FLGS about a week after it was "supposed" to come out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

StashAugustine posted:

hey i'm formulating what i want to do for a second act of an age of rebellion campaign i've been running and am picking back up; one thing i want is to have an emperor's hand as a recurring villain. anyone have ideas on how to run a force user NPC vs normie characters?

Is this someone you're thinking the PCs will actually throw down with at some point? Or are they more of a "force of nature" type opponent?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
FFG Star Wars had the right idea of having all its classes and such in the core books and the splats just giving more options for each one....but wow I wish we had gotten a Character Creation Compendium for each line at the end of the life of the line.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

wiegieman posted:

We kind of did, it's just the Oggdude program.

I wanted a hard copy book haha. Just all 6 careers, with all 6 specializations, the signature abilities and all the alien races and such in one book per line. Leave the "how to run campaigns for X career" info exclusive to the splats, but make it way easier to actually MAKE a character.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Reprints are heartening. Maybe we'll see some new support

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still holding out hope for a per-line player option compendium, or maybe a couple more of the location sourcebooks for AoR and F&D. I hate that they only got one each.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of ogg -- is there are popular dataset floating around these days?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
One of my favorite NPCs I've ever made was a Toydarian that hit the gym and bulked to the point he couldn't fly any more

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is there an up to date ogg dude dataset somewhere these days? All my old sources have dried up

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

Searching on GitHub still seems to find copies. Some of the forks of the top hit are even recently updated

I need to learn how to navigate github -- I get so confused there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm just gonna be forever grateful we got all 18 career splatbooks and the two clone wars books -- I doubt I'll ever run anything in the clone wars era but having stats for all this stuff laying around and those generic battle Jedi spec trees is plenty for me