Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Hulk Smash! posted:

"M'Sentient"

I am Champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Have they said whether the Rebellion Day/Rescue at Glare Peak materials will be made available after the event? Like "Under a Black Sun" was for Edge of the Empire?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Also jealous. There is nowhere closer than six hours away running one. :smith:

I did just get a copy of Onslaught at Arda I though, and am looking forward to running it. I have to admit, I was kind of hoping they would have done something along the lines of the adventure in the Dark Heresy mk2 Beta, where it could have been one of several suspects with encounters and tips for running it depending on who was decided to have been Innocent/Criminal/Heretical. Obviously theres nothing stopping me from running it that way, but it would have been nice.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I was surprised to enjoy Rebels, so I decided to check out The Clone Wars (despite hating almost everything to do with the prequels). The Clone Troopers, while I find the entire story premise of them ridiculous and dislike the concept, are basically the best part and the only competent individuals around. I honestly feel bad that they end up dying in droves because they're being commanded by 14 year olds.

I really liked the Mandalorians from the KotoR games, and am worried what I'll find if I keep watching The Clone Wars to see their take on it.

Back to the RPG though, are there any good tools for running it online?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Blamestorm posted:

As the murderbot is so effective, he becomes well known and an enterprising engineer builds a mod kit for bipedal droids that turns them into clones of your murderbot (statwise). Now there are hundreds if not thousands of murder bots and next time you meet a potential enemy he will have three murderbots identical to the one in your group.

Ah, the HK-52 scenario. Yeah, this could lead to a fun adventure that could culminate in a number of ways. Sadly one of the many story lines that weren't finished in KOTOR 2.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I just got Suns of Fortune from my Secret Santa and want to play a horrible otter-person.

I quite liked the book, and its definitely boosted my interest for the next setting book on Hutt Space.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

jivjov posted:

Well, if you want to app to my game, Wraith Squadron did have a history of being multi-species friendly.

I remember reading some of the Wraith Squadron books as a kid, but honestly can't remember even the slightest detail about them. The only Rogue Squadron book I sort-of remember is Isard's Revenge.

I do fully intend to write up an app for your game though! (It may not actually be an otter)

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't know how you guys remember all this stuff. I mean, Wookiepedia obviously helps, but still. I devoured every Star Wars EU book I could get my hands on 15+ years ago and I have almost no memories of any of them.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

alg posted:

This is all you need to know about the new Stay on Target article.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5231

This is the worst.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
The planet entries in all the books also list common imports and exports, which is a good starting point for fleshing out some of their trade jobs. I haven't looked at the EotE book in a while though so I'm not sure about whether there are trading rules in there. Personally I'd handle it less mechanically and treat it as its own fleshed out narrative. If the characters know a good is a valuable export, they can try to get it off world and avoid duties, and sell it to an interested party somewhere its needed. Throw some obstacles in the path, and suddenly its something that can provide for a whole session. Codifying it makes it consistent, but I also feel like maybe its the sort of shady activity where it shouldn't consistent. It should be dangerous, and involve a lot of negotiation rather than having set values to sell to NPCs.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I have fond memories of Nar Shadaa from both Dark Forces and KOTOR 2, so I'm really looking forward to the Hutt Space book.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Honestly, not writing an entire 300 page supplement just about Nar Shaddaa seems like a big mistake. It's the perfect setting for a city-based EotE campaign.

That sounds incredible and now I'm disappointed we won't get it. I would buy that day one even though it would probably cost a ridiculous amount.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I really wish they'd release some of the supplemental stuff online, like the Rebellion Day prison break scenario.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
As a child I used to obsessively draw Star Wars maps in my school notebook, because I was obsessed with DARK FORCES, and I'd plan out different levels. Making up maps is one of my favorite parts of RPGs.

I thought I'd be nice and go to the FLGS to pre-order/request a copy of Lords of Nal Hutta, since the FFG Upcoming page shows that its on a boat, and got told the release date in their system was 1/1/2020. :psyduck:

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I've received most of my SW RPG books from Secret Santas, and the occasional $20-25 amazon purchase. On a whim last month I decided to order Lords of Nal Hutta through my FLGS and it ended up costing $43 when I picked it up earlier this week. I hadn't paid retail in so long I was a little taken aback.

Excellent, excellent book, but I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering online in the future. I know I'm probably contributing to the death of gaming retail, so apologies.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Two stolen ideas:

-Theres the Kreia fight in KoToR 2, that involved her starting off meditating while free floating lightsabers engaged the party members, before stepping up and actually confronting them. Like the idea above, where there are multiple, but illusory/ephemeral/sith ghost combatants.

-Similar to the deal with Darth Sion (also KoToR 2), its possible that he simply cannot be killed. He must be engaged/defended against, but the way to defeat him is through debate and reasoning, or engineering some alternative (environmental?) means to trap or otherwise disable him. Some party members can engage him in defense while others work through the social or environmental challenges to "solve" the encounter

Edit:

quote:

The Sith Lord is actually six Jawas in a big robe.

This is better, use this

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
The Sith of the current era is incomprehensible to them, they feel lost and adrift in this new time, and decide that free of their Sith Lord they're free to do as they please. They retire to a forgotten ruin of a world from the Old Sith Empire, and try to build a new life for themselves.

Unfortunately every side in the civil war is going to see them as a massive threat, or a tool to be used, to force them back into a long-forgotten war. Will they stand in judgment for the crimes they committed millennia ago? What will happen if someone does convince them to re-enter the current conflict? What happens when its the Rebellion thats looking to neutralize the Sith threat which is now declaring itself noncombatant? Or seeking to recruit them against their will? Can the players convince them to turn their backs on their philosophy, by showing what it is the Sith have wrought in control? Do they want to stop this potential threat from re-emerging? Do they want to protect their self-determination?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
There is no saving that one. Turned to the grog side, he has.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I really love the Sector sourcebooks like Suns of Fortune and Lords of Nal Hutta. I don't own any of the player supplements though- do they generally have much content for GMs?

Also, do any of the books include ships that would make good choices for an EotE group to start with instead of the options in the Core?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

NutritiousSnack posted:

Being able to use Rebels material in AoR seems like a bigger deal

Please purge all mentions of Starkiller from future editions of AoR and replace with Rebels storyline, thanks in advance.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Hello there, image that instantly sold me.

There are few settings I love more than a crumbling underwater base. Actually, they should just bring back the Selkath and Manaan into canon, that would be awesome.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Probably just being impatient, but we have the Force and Destiny Beginner Box coming out soon, right? Also they're going to have more announcements on May 4th I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

jivjov posted:

I did find it interesting that the only product FFG put out on Force Friday was a X-Wing set.

I have no idea what Force Friday is.

But I think it's a fair guess their Star Wars properties are doing well. I wouldn't be surprised if Force & Destiny is doing better than the other two books too.