Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

jivjov posted:

Word of advice to GMs...if you set a fight right outside your party's landed ship, do not be surprised when a character decides that instead of coming outside and beating people up they instead hop in the topside turret and end the fight from there.

And yet according to the rules this would be a Daunting (four dice) check, because of the silhouette difference between a ship and a dude.

Really the only sticking point for our group so far has been that the big, gently caress-off starship guns actually kinda suck against people. I'm not trying to snipe one stormtrooper with my ship-level weapons, I just want to cover a whole area in burning plasma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

Hubis posted:

The "skill bonus" refers to the fact that droids get more "free" ranks in their starting skills. If you choose wisely you can get "free" XP by overlapping the Career and Specialization skills so you get 2 ranks. Either way you start off with a much broader variety of skill ranks while still putting a majority of your XP into the 'ability' economy.

Eh, droids get three free career skills, which is usually 15-20 XP, rarely 25-30. Humans get two free non-career skills, which is always 20 XP.

When considering a droid, you either want to specialize in 1 or 2 attributes and be total rear end at the rest, since you can dump a couple stats to 4 and leave the rest at 1; or you feel like being inorganic (so no need for food, sleep, or air; better access to cybernetics; and immunity to Force mind powers) is worth about 30 XP on it's own, because as a well-rounded character that's about how much you end up behind other species.