Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Valatar posted:

Is there anything official for having the players be Imperials? I know the military careers are easily reskinned to make a party of Imperial soldiers and pilots instead of rebels if you hand them Imperial gear and ships, but I'm a bit curious as to whether the option is ever even addressed.

Not officially, no

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I got a little inspired reading up on FFGs Star Wars games (the RPG and the space fighter miniature games), so I got to working on a little (independent) game of space fighters, ripping whatever interesting pieces I could find and making up the rest to have it work without actual miniatures.

After trawling through wookiepeedia articles and rummaging through X-Wing Alliance articles for 2 weeks I came to the conclusion that there's not nearly enough fighters or variants in Star Wars as is, and they wouldn't be very meaningful either if there weren't statistical differences between one laser cannon and another, and don't you want to find out how the "what if the Empire got its hand on the X-Wing design?" goes? plus what DOES "TIE" stand for anyways and why isn't any other fighters named after their engine configuration- or why don't the TIE got a proper name? Oh, there's some nicknames? and :suicide:

The Monster you've caught a glimmer of got some Mercenary Air Squadron and SilCore in it too. Very much a work in progress still (like a bunch of blaster cannons instead of proper laser cannons on some of those ships :argh:). But one day, one day it will be perfect and then finally, the rebel alliance will be crushed :colbert:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 31, 2014