Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Wikipedia Brown posted:

After inadvertently unleashing the Blue Shadow Virus on Naboo, my players are now on tour opening for a washed up jizz band, trying to sell a new laser light show technology and track down a gungan sith. Welp.

EdgeoftheEmpire.txt right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

alg posted:

R-41 Starchasers in Stay on Target :allears:

You're welcome :v:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Does anyone have a line on any good space station maps/deckplans I could use for an Edge game? A smaller station, I want to use it as an Imperial Customs checkpoint/impound station.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Thanks! I actually grabbed a really cool little map from DriveThruRPG that suits my needs almost exactly. It's for another system of course, but all I need is the floorplans themselves, not any of the stats.

alg posted:

PM me!

Roger that.

jivjov posted:

Have stats for the TIE Mauler ever shown up in this system yet? I have plans for a ground assault at some point in my campaign and could use some TIE tanks.

Not yet. Hopefully I'll get them into a future supplement, 'cause goddamn do I love tanks.

Also, someone mentioned upthread doing a Kelly's Heroes adventure in Age. I did one for Only War that went really, really well. Currently I'm putting together a demo game that's The Magnificent Seven set in Age, where the PCs are Rebel engineers defending a colony from a small Imperial invasion force.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Madurai posted:

The Kelly's Heroes setup seems like it would also work for an Imperial campaign.

I ran it as a demo/convention game. An Imperial Guard mechanized infantry squad (with three Lehman Russ as support) tangles with Orks and one one of the bodies, a lieutenant finds a map and a not that reads, "'da 'umie loot iz 'dat way". They end up in a town thirty miles behind the Ork lines where they have to destroy a warboss, his warband, and a pair of looted Baneblades. Hilarity has ensued every time I run that.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

So my character has been decided. Astromech Pilot/Repair/Intelligence person, with a few points in stuff for combat. And I was allowed to equip myself with a flame projector, and claim it's hidden enough that it's not super noticeable at first glance, until my head opens up and I start spouting flames.

Gonna set all the stupid organics on fire~

That's the spirit!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Hell, a droid I played in a couple of our dev playtest games was YR-1Y, a YR-series shipwright droid who was essentially Bender Bending Rodriguez in Star Wars. He was formerly a killer for the Hutts. His MO was to sabotage a ship's hyperdrive so that it entered hyperspace but never came out again. He was a tremendous rear end in a top hat and an abject coward and fun as hell to play. A few of the other players were serious-bidness white hat "Heroes" and couldn't understand why I'd want to play that character. I suggested that they had no sense of humor.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Exactly. I think some gamers get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too wrapped up in white hat/black hat stuff and have to be humorless "heroes" all the time. Yeah, okay buddy. You go ahead and play Optimus Prime. I'll play Jazz, have fun, and get poo poo accomplished.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

LightWarden posted:

I am always interested in other people's Star Wars characters.

Same here. I love to see what people do with these archetypes.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

If any of y'all are interested, Andy Fischer from FFG and I are doing an interview tonight with the Order66 podcast at 20:00 CST about Stay On Target. You should come hear me talk about spaceships!

Order 66

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Right on. They usually aren't for me either, this just happened to be the one time I didn't have work/a game/a gig and when Fisch was free.

Edit: Oh, looks like we're on Twitch tonight, too! O66 Twitch.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 1, 2015

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

The correct answer is the Wayfarer.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

FishFood posted:

That would be great. I really like the design of the Ghost, even the Kenner toy butt-shuttle. I'm guessing it would be a slower, beefier YT-1300 statwise. Order 66 (and I'm pretty sure our own goon CroatianAlzheimers?) statted it out on an episode, but I think that was before the show came out and they underestimated its size.

I know this is from forever ago, but yeah, that was me. At that point I'd seen the pilot of Rebels and was looking at pictures of the ship as I talked about it with the O66 guys. I still think Ghost is smaller than a YT-1300.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I feel like Ghost and the rest of the ships in her class are more for short-haul runs moving limited amounts of stuff. Sorta like a 24' box truck to the YT-series' tractor-trailer. As for the little shuttle, that feels like an aftermarket part. I can't see CEC designing that from the factory.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Oh yeah, all those weapons have to be aftermarket.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We at the Corellian Engineering Corporation felt that the front bubble offered our customers an excellent field of view for them to track hostile targets admire the stars. A fine example of the worksmanship you'll find in our CEC Light Freighters, alongside other qualities such as military armor "double hull plating" and large interior spaces for installing heavier gear ease of maintenance.

Oh, I see you've worked in marketing at CEC.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Endman posted:

Considering poor as hell moisture farmers can afford to have a droid's memory wiped, I doubt it would be that expensive.

Alternatively: chuck stun grenades at it.

Yeah, it's pretty much "Open dome, push reset button, wait for the brain to re-boot, TA-DA!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Mustache Ride posted:

Would anybody be interested in playing in a Age of Rebellion adaptation of WEG's old Darkstryder campaign? I think I'd like to do Roll20, but still trying to puzzle out the best way to do the multiple character thing (other than doing what my group did, which was ditch it and all play the same character the whole time).

Anybody interested? Or have any thoughts on this?

I'd be down.