Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jizz wailers are good, but my personal favorite is the jizz box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Brawn doesn't seem like a very good lightsaber characteristic to me. It's never really about brute force.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Lightsabers should just use your Force Rating and your Lightsaber skill to determine everything, for everyone.

Want to become good with one? Practice more or become better with the Force. Tada.

That would be interesting, but you're pretty much never going to have a Force Rating of more than 3.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Is there a point to doing both stun and regular damage to bad guys? It seems like once they hit the Strain/Wound threshold, none of the other damage matters.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Sith Tomb full of traps?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

FISHMANPET posted:

I really like this idea. Our last session was like 3 hours long and there was a 1.2 round bar fight and the rest was role playing, how the hell do I judge if that was enough "encounters" for 10 XP or not.

Encounters don't have to just be combat, talking to the broken protocol droid probably counts, along with any of the optional encounters you might have done.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Fuzz posted:

The scheduling is the tricky part, since my call schedule shifts on a weekly basis so I don't reliably always have a certain night off every week. For the short term (next 3 months or so) I can probably do every other Wednesday pretty reliably, though. I've never used Hangouts or Roll20, but I'd have no issue with IRC or even Skype plus Orokos to do the rolls. If people focused and keep up, even with 2 hour sessions we could get through this first campaign in maybe 5-6 sessions, these mini campaigns aren't really designed around being lengthy and having lots of progression, you start with a good chunk of exp and it's more about how you use what you have.

They play out more like movies, and are paced in the same way.

As a player of the dying PBP I wouldn't mind starting fresh with this in a live game. I don't have PMs but I'm sure I will see you in IRC sometime, Fuzz?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Why would you prep 15 pages for a single session jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Everblight posted:

Nemesis-level monsters have a rank or two in Adversary, upping the diff of checks involving them. For guys like Vader, Adversary 3 is maybe even thinkable.

Adversary only works on combat checks, although I'd assume Vader would have enough discipline/cool that any social checks are going to have a pile of challenge dice even without adversary.