Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Their Store Championship stuff was great, and game night kits are great too. They skipped Free RPG Day this year to do this Rebellion Day thing but it seems like GenCon slowed them down a lot.

edit: Regionals were awful this year, hopefully they go back to last year's model.

My only complaint about Regionals this year was that they balls'ed it all up and scheduled two LCG events for different games on the same day. Everything else about it was great: The Store Championships are a direct analog to last year's Regionals, and this years were just bigger events spread out a little more.

If they didn't call them Regionals last year and called them Store Championships, then the only other Official OP events would have been Nationals and Worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

WHEN. :catstare:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I don't even know what I'm looking at. I know some of those words, but... the meaning...

:psypop:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

They haven't said anything about it

*cough* can you make .pdfs? :wink:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There's always the "official" one.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The dark side SHOULD be easier, and more powerful. Thats how evil is portrayed in Star Wars. Every Jedi seems to have to work hard to maintain the light side, or that is the impression that I get. The fact that being light side doesn't make you look like a loving demon and terrify everyone in sight should be a pretty nice advantage, even if it doesn't show up in raw numbers.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Stay on Target should be in stores today. I'll post up what I know about it when I pick it up on Friday.

I got mine already. If you have any questions let me know and I can post tonight. The art is gorgeous, as usual.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Gravy Train Robber posted:

As a child I used to obsessively draw Star Wars maps in my school notebook, because I was obsessed with DARK FORCES, and I'd plan out different levels. Making up maps is one of my favorite parts of RPGs.

I thought I'd be nice and go to the FLGS to pre-order/request a copy of Lords of Nal Hutta, since the FFG Upcoming page shows that its on a boat, and got told the release date in their system was 1/1/2020. :psyduck:

That must be their distributor's code for "we don't know." FFG is bad about delays, but they aren't THAT bad (Unless you play SW:LCG :smith:)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Endman posted:

I am pretty hyped for this. That said, the boat takes forever.

Slow boat from China? :v:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Huh. My Fly Casual Book shipped today from CSI. Tracking number and everything. I should have it by monday. :shrug:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Move to Raleigh and support a FLGS, scum

But... $29 shipped :smug:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

New Sorcebook for AoR announced: Strongholds of Resistance an Alliance Worlds splat.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Aka the dudes that delivered Luke and Leia in Ep. III

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

I read the Chuck Wendig novel Star Wars: Aftermath which bounces back and forth between the perspectives of a typical Star Warsian protagonist group and an Imperial Officer who's coming to terms with the fact that the Rebel Alliance has just kicked the poo poo out of the Empire, and in a moment of self-reflection she admits that it's no loving wonder that everyone views the Empire as the "bad guys" of the conflict instead of an orderly government beset by nefarious terrorists when they're going around building planet-destroying superweapons and naming them Death Stars,, like c'mon here.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

In other FFG news..apparently the books (and everything else from the company) are street-dated now. Speculation on the FFG forums is that this has to do with their recent merger into Asmodee. While I'm okay with this in concept (having a hard 'release date' on a book is pretty neat), my Bothan spy friend who works at a gamestore is telling me that FFG is refusing to ship things early out of fear that stores will sell them early. So the street-date isn't even a guarantee that the book will be available at retail that date.

I've seen this mentioned a few times, but I can't find anywhere where street dates are listed. Not on FFG's website, nor retailers. I work in a retail industry where street dates and on-sale dates are a strict fact of life, but they are always forward facing.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nice!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Just picked up forged in battle at gencon. Questions?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

How's the smell

Peak goon. Delightful.

MadDogMike posted:

What's Vanguard like? Also, any neat non-weapon toys in the gear section?

Silly. Lots of bodyguard, movement buffs, and a once per session: make a hard athletics, on success other friendly PCs take turns immediately.

Non weapons? Some rebel armor, some comms stuff, straight up space morphine.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

One word: Nullicane. About to play thrones, more details later

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If it's for sale at GenCon I'll own it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Covok posted:

It's been confirmed that cyphers and masks will launch on August 16th. And with that the last career book is out. As well as the last book we know they're working on.

Gonna be really bummed if we get the "Now the Game is complete!" announcement at GenCon :(

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I can't wait to run a Clone Trooper game.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I wonder how much of the new Gear and Gadgets book will be original stuff, not already published.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The good news is once they go out of print i'm sure a billion .pdfs will be available for freeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

shhhhhhhhhh