Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
I just got the Age of rebellion core book - and it's really neat! Except that I've read the sections on Duty about four times and cannot figure out how you are supposed to increase a character's Duty score. Do you spend XP on it? If so, what does it cost? Does the GM just hand it out in exchange for accomplishing appropriate tasks? What's a good rate to dish it out?

Is there a section on this in the book that I'm missing? Some errata I can't find on FFG's website?

Edit: Haha, "Big Idiot, Bad Post" - is this the new "Stupid Newbie" avatar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013

alg posted:

The GM chapter handles this.

I am either dense (totally possible) or have a defective book, because I am looking at the core book right now and can't find anything more specific than these lines in the GM section:

Age of Rebellion posted:

Since the Player Characters can gain Duty at character creation, as well as earn it though their actions, GMs should make sure to reward players with high Duty scores for their commitment and accomplishment ... the completion of an adventure should alter the amount of Duty the characters and party carry forward.

Is that it? That's as specific as the book gets? If so, that's cool, but I was sort of hoping for a guideline on advancing Duty, like the book gives for handing out XP.

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013

alg posted:

Weeeeeird. So in the Beta, there is a sidebar. It encourages a reward of 1-10 duty for achieving the goal of their Duty, with magnitude based on how much they did toward their duty. I'm still searching, but it's not in the "Using Duty" section of the GM chapter.

That seems reasonable enough - so reasonable that I can't believe they yanked it from the final core book!

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
That could be fun, especially if said wife is some kind of seriously tough pirate queen herself.