Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

jivjov posted:

Also got A&A today. Lemme know if anyone wants sweet stats

How strong is episode four Obi-Wan Kenobi? And is he stronger than episode three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
How da gently caress does Darth Vader not have a talent requiring you to make a hard fear check? But Bobba Fett has that talent!?

Covok
May 27, 2013

alg posted:

Vader has Terrifying (each enemy at medium range at the beginning of each encounter must make a Hard 3x red fear check)

Oh okay. I must have missed that. I was looking for fearful. I didn't realize there was an enhanced version called terrifying.

Covok
May 27, 2013

DJ Dizzy posted:

Whats the best way to incorporate non-jedi characters with F&D jedis? Im thinking of running an old republic game, and I dont want the non-jedis to be too gimped. Just give them more starting XP?

Be like Mother and just let it be. A low levels especially, Jedi are no different than normal characters. And, while their cap is insane especially if you use the interpretation of Force Move that says they can move Tie Fighters, the others keep pace. By high levels, the other characters will be so good at doing one thing that it makes up for the Jedi being space wizards.

Stars D6, Star Wars D20, and Star Wars Saga, this game is not: Force Users are not god-modding.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Finally!

They really been holding out on us.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Good news: Collapse of the Republic is shipping.

Bad news: the only book in development now is an item vault called Gadget And Gears, which screams "one week from retirement."

Covok
May 27, 2013

jivjov posted:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we see a Sequel Trilogy Era book next year after Rise of Skywalker hits, and there's still room for a vehicle compendium and maybe collected books of all the specializations from each line or something.

That would be pretty awesome and they can probably get 2 books (maybe 3) out of it. Pre-Starkiller base, post-starkiller, and maybe post-Rise of Skywalker. Give the series the needed shot in the arm.

Covok
May 27, 2013

jeeves posted:

The Genesys subreddit is kinda dead lately for the last month. It makes me hope stuff is still selling okay for FFG to keep supporting it. Beanstalk was great.

The associated discord has activity. I actually brought this up with them. They attribute it to summer, but they also hope gencon livens things up.

Personally? Genesys can be way more involved to hack than Fate and requires more mechanical knowledge than Savage Worlds. So a lot of hacks die on the vine before release, most likely. This discourages people and decreases activity on the reddit. If to say nothing of the GMs who get fatigued trying to run one from the ground up.

This system, while solid, was not a prime candidate for being generic.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Basically, you can sacrifise turning an attribute from 2 to a 3 to raise your force rating by 1. Which is sort of worth it. A Force Rating is arguably equal to an attribute. Just like an attribute, it uniformly increases the number of dice you roll for a lot of different checks (all force powers, which can be everything from totally isolated rolls to enhanced skill checks). And, with the sole exception of the Padawan talent tree from Rise of the Seperatists, all Force Rating increases are final row talents, just like the Attribute increase talents.

If you want to be a Force user, it won't gimp you. Is it optimal choice? Debatable. I think it depends on your choice of Force Powers, Attributes, and Skills. But I don't think it is suboptimal and could really help a lot of builds. Especially builds that benefit from quicker access to higher tier force powers.

I once played a Zabrak who was a barefisted dark side user who focused on never needing weapons. He focused on force enhance. His unarmed combat made him a beast. He would destroy anyone he could reach thanks to talents lowering unarmed crit range. His unarmed crit range got so low that he crit with every hit; he was a killing machine. But I would use this to get to Force Power: Unleash faster to make up the lack of a range option, his build's big weakness.

He was also supposed to be Dathomirian so the Nightsister tree is perfect and ichor weapons are perfect for his theme. It was inspired by nightsisters from Clone Wars.

Covok fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 29, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

My only question is what comes next? I got every book in the line, except for the beginner books now. Which is pretty awesome and I should try to get an IRL group together for a Clone Wars game. But is the line dead? No more books are in-development.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Anyone want to help me out a tad?

I'm updating my Legacy Era Primier. This is what I have so far: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dD1eWGyrkzsO74SUF9FgGjq29EZ3nDOd/view?usp=sharing

I'm working on a custom talent tree for it. See, I was looking through the Star Wars SAGA: Legacy Era book and found that it invented two new Lightsaber styles for Imperial Knights: Praetoria Ishu and Praetoria Vonil. The former is defensive, the later is offensive. The idea is that these are special since they are designed to be used in a group. Ishu is about protecting your comrades defensively. Vonil is about protecting your comrades offensively. I'm working a on a Universal Talent Tree called Praetoria that splits into both styles. I haven't really gotten too far into it. What talents would be good for a group supportive role, do you all think?

Edit: Also, I should probably stat up Zeltrons and Anzats since they were in the comic.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 9, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rise of Skywalker Spoiler

How much XP do I need to put into Unleash to cause an entire fleet of ships to stall?

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Shame Boy posted:

gently caress that man, how much for the Force Lightning that spreads out over the sky and zaps a bunch of ships?

That's what I was asking...?

Covok
May 27, 2013

golden bubble posted:

Don't expect much more support from FFG proper. Word on the street is that the entire FFG digital games department and most of the FFG RPG department just got private equity'd out of existence.

Private equity'd? As in a disgusting, vile captialist bought out the company using wealth obtained through the exploitation of human suffering and then carved it up to maximize profits at the cost of everything else, ultimately planning to drain the resources completely in a year or 5 years then sell off the shell of a company for scraps? I ask this all unironically.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yo, who else wants to play superhero Jedi in the High Republic? Going around with a laser sword killing space vikings in an era when everyone was actually not a fascist rear end in a top hat.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Dexo posted:

I'd be down

Maybe after April 15th when I am not drowning in bullshit tax work.

Unless they extend the deadline again. In which case, please ram a lightsaber through my chest and throw me into the core of an exploding planet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Hopefully it doesn't just mean a D&D 5e conversion.

STAR WARS D20 2

THIS TIME, WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

To be fair they didn't try the first two times with SWd20.

SAGA was a neat little 3e/4e transitional fossil with a few good ideas (and some dumb ones like skill focus: use the force).

Star Wars SAGA remains the game that I know a surprisingly large amount about despite never playing thanks to the Order 66 Podcast. Their setting advice for the SAGA era still works for the FFG era.

Covok
May 27, 2013

We ever getting any more books? I am an addict and need a Star Wars RPG dopamine hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

alg posted:

Edge is doing a "first of its kind" Cthulhu RPG instead of new Star Wars stuff lol.

https://twitter.com/edge_english/status/1765399441648029882

Call of Cthuhlu shakes violently in the corner.