Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiskibubbles
Nov 1, 2013
A few goons and I Just started a Star Wars Saga game. I was wondering is this an extension of those books or is this a new design to them to try to reboot the series and bring it back into play.

The books we got are all out of print and we only have PDF's. I played a ton of D&D when I was a kid and the campaign we started is just D&D in Star Wars Space.

I guess my question is this the same as the saga books or is this somewhat new ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiskibubbles
Nov 1, 2013
oh cool. Ill have to check it out then. I haven't played games like this in years so when I was approached I decided why not.

wiskibubbles
Nov 1, 2013

jivjov posted:

Yeah, its more than "somewhat" new. This uses a unique gaming system as well, its not just a Star Wars reskin of a d20 system or anything, this one uses what's known as Narrative Dice and has a three-pronged success/failure spectrum. Instead of just a pass/fail, you also look at advantage/threat and triumph/despair. It take a session or two to really feel comfortable with, but its now my favorite table-top system of all time.

Now I'm interested in the whole thing. Being a massive Star Wars Nerd since about 1995 or so all of this looks fun an now very different. Gotta find time to look at all the books and that fun and then see who plays