Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The module isn't over yet, it gets more complex and interesting :getin:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

OggDude has released a character generator beta update that includes Force and Destiny. You can download it here. .

Go.... Go and make Jedis. You know you want to.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

You lucky dog. That looks awesome.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

My IRL group started Onslaught at Arda I last night. A friend of mine wanted to get some DMing experience, so I let him run it using our EotE characters, with me finally putting a personality to my DMPC pilot.

He hauled his laptop out and started using sound effects and dialog from the book that a friend of his recorded. It was awesome and now I feel bad that I hadn't thought of doing that before.

Once the mission is done I'll ask him to provide me the audio in case anyone wants it, it's pretty professionally sounding.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I... really like that.

Write it up and submit it to forceanddestinybeta@fantasyflightgames.com, maybe they'll listen (hint: they won't).

I think I'm going to houserule that though, that sounds pretty awesome.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

We've been enjoying Onslaught (me especially since it's the first time I'm not GMing in 4 years). Don't be afraid to prod you're players on if they get stuck on the freeform investigation sections, and be prepared to go off the rails when one of your players wants to do something insane.

For instance, my guys (and me) built our characters as an ex pirate gang known for deep space boarding and seizure of ships who then joined the rebellion. So when the Star Destroyers showed up above Arda, we then had the bright idea to seize it.

It didn't go well, but the GM adjusted the story appropriately and rolled with it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Have one of the grey decisions they make give a small amount of conflict without telling them why, and don't let them take that decision back when they protest. Then show them how much it really doesn't hurt them.

Shove it down their throats. Keep doing this until they understand that conflict is okay to do, and if they don't take it themselves you'll give it to them instead.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Major Isoor posted:

On the topic of the SW soundtrack, has anyone here got an audio file for the cantina music? I can't seem to be able to find the bloody thing anywhere, unfortunately.

Funky Cantina Music?

Or how about 10 hours of the Cantina Song?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

You can either get a PDF printer like CutePDF to save it to PDF or you can save it as XPS and upload it to Google Drive, which seems to handle those files fine.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

For those of us who's FLGS suck:

Lords of Nal Hutta
Fly Casual Pre-Order

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

That really depends on if your GM will let you take those trees. There is nothing mechanical that says you can't, just like with the Force trees in F&D.

As for duty and obligation, that's usually either gained and lost through the story rather than mechanically.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

When you use OggDude's character generator and add a vehicle, it'll add a page at the end of your character sheet for the vehicle that has Critical Hits and stuff.

Example

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I was thinking about a Monday night bi-monthly game on Roll20

Anybody wanna be a gang of kids on the streets of Nar Shadda?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

And then get drawn into a plot to help the lonely male rancor find love.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

YES IT WOULD

:colbert:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Crosspost from Hot Modrons

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow there's a lot of new posts in this thread, I wonder what all the hubub is abo :yikes:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Warnings about Moff D. Butt are still plaguing my characters. That's what they get for slicing in a fake Moff into the imperial net to get away with one of their hair brained schemes months ago. Moff D. Butt is really powerful now, according to the rumors.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm free Wednesday nights for some online stuff. I can help you get Roll20 setup too, theres a full Star Wars dice app built in to it, and its pretty intuitive. Its a lot easier to do it that way than IRC.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

A small ship that is bigger on the inside, but also has the most annoying AI that does everything on the ship itself, and is really annoying and paranoid.

Also the AI is slowly unlocking new tech and systems as the crew does menial tasks, like clean that awful smelling paste coating the forward hold unlocks two fighters up front.

So a cross between the following:
Tardis
Marvin the Paranoid Android
Stargate: Universe

Also make it look like a tie fighter.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

My guys have found a really unique way to get around the whole "pilots do everything" type of senario, but this might be more specific to the game I'm running for them.

They stole a Correlian corvette from the empire (don't ask, it was a series of rolls that were too good for me to not let them get away with it), and since its a capital type ship, the pilot really has the least important role. The big guy is now the commander/squad leader who's shouting commands at the others, including the pilot. The pilot now runs a fighter squad (he controls all of them as a single unit) and the others are all having a blast running their small part of the capital ship.

But since thats now the norm for them, when they go back to their freighter, they each pick a thing that they know how to do and do it really, really well. And the commander still barks orders to everyone instead of the pilot making all the decisions. Because thats how they know what to do now. So what I'm saying is, the system is really really designed for capital ship combat to be super exiciting, and if you stick your guys on a freighter for too long they'll probably groan and moan if the have do their one roll to rebalance the shields or whatever. Give them a Star Destroyer. This is Star Wars, not loving Traveller.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 17, 2015

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

I wanna run a Roll 20 game with mixed rules on Tuesday evenings. Thinking about setting it during the Mandalorian Wars or the Clone Wars with the players being a squad of troopers with a few Jedi as their COs, kinda in a Dirty Dozen style. Anyone interested?

Yes. Very interested.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I think they were in the Edge of the Empire Beta? I found this on the FFG community forums supposedly pulled from there:

TUSKEN RAIDER SNIPERS/REAVERS (Minions)
Brawn 3, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 1, Presence 1
Soak: 3. Wound Threshold: 5
Skills: Melee, Perception, Ranged (Heavy), Survival.

Talents: None.

Equipment: Slugthrower Rifle (Ranged [Heavy], Damage 7, Critical 5, Range [Medium], Cumbersome 2), Gaffi Stick (Melee, Damage 5, Critical 3, Range [Engaged], Defensive 1, Disorient 3).

Edit: Also I found these blog posts that might come in handy:
http://talesfromtheedgeoftheempire.blogspot.com/2013/11/tusken-camp.html
http://talesfromtheedgeoftheempire.blogspot.com/2013/11/tuskens.html

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 28, 2015

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Would anybody be interested in playing in a Age of Rebellion adaptation of WEG's old Darkstryder campaign? I think I'd like to do Roll20, but still trying to puzzle out the best way to do the multiple character thing (other than doing what my group did, which was ditch it and all play the same character the whole time).

Anybody interested? Or have any thoughts on this?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow okay thats a lot of people. I'll whip up a Recruitment and suggest some times I'm available.

With this many potential people participating, we may not have to do the multiple character poo poo at all, and just everybody play an officer and we can Star Trek every encounter (you know, send the whole bridge crew down to the surface, etc etc).

Some of the campaign does ignore PCs at times, but I"ll work around that. I'll post in here when the Recruitment is put up.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No, not really. I'll explain in the recruitment thread.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, the Recruitment thread with detailed rules on character building is up here.

Let me know in the thread if you have any questions or anything about what I'm trying to do. Or if it's nuts.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah wasn't there a book due off the ship soon?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I run a game at 7 PM central every Sunday. Thats not too bad of a time.

I say run a game, but I've been out the past few weeks, and the holidays will probably screw us up again, but whatever. We played tonight, thats all that matters.

Thread here. If you want to look in and see about joining we have room for a few more, maybe. We're a pretty eclectic group though.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah we have a couple that don't show up every week, so thats not a big deal. If you want, go ahead and post in the thread. You're choice on characters, you just have to write yourself into the game.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So, uh, how about that there Star Wars RPG? Its pretty fun, isn't it?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

homullus posted:

Also don't be the "I'll stay back at the ship, it's what my character would do" guy. Really, that's even more important than being good at only piloting.

Yeah in my group we're on our 4th ship. It's good to keep your pilot with you in case the bounty hunter decides he wants to go all Boba Fett instead of dicking around in a tramp freighter, so you don't have to go back to the ship to collect him.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wanna take over my time slot Fuzz? I can fill in when you're working, or we can work out some sort of one on one off GM dealie.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 12, 2016

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

kingcom posted:

You can always use the Corvette Command Ship from Rebels:

Doesn't really have any extra firepower but has a big crew compartment and hanger for small one man fighters. Its pretty fragile and has a long history of getting blown up but good for the kind of ship that hides out somewhere to wait for a guerilla run to finish before picking people up and running.

If you're not using the FarStar you're doing it wrong:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It looks nice, and I certainly can see the use in having random quirks made up for a ship like you're doing, but I think it would be better if you made it a website than a standalone program. That way you can have it generate on the fly.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No not at all yes of course I'm in that sounds like a horriblely awesome idea.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Errant Venture.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I made a planet folio template for an old game I ran a long time ago: https://i.imgur.com/sisLLNn.jpg and just filled in the details using an appropriate font.

I've also got a big compilation of the planet folios if you'd rather see if your planet is one of those. PM me.