Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Hulk Smash! posted:

"M'Sentient"

Haha, this rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
After inadvertently unleashing the Blue Shadow Virus on Naboo, my players are now on tour opening for a washed up jizz band, trying to sell a new laser light show technology and track down a gungan sith. Welp.

Every session is a surprise for me!

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm thinking of starting a game with the Beginner's adventure to introduce some player's to the system. Does anyone have some experience on what did and didn't work in the adventure when the dice started rolling? We're all experienced with tabletop so I was figuring on using the pregen characters and the adventure as a sort of pre-credit sequence so the players can get an idea of how the classes play before rolling their own.

I don't have any specific feedback about the adventure, but I think you should murder all the pregenerated PCs and have the real PCs investigate their disappearances. Seems like a good hook.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I don't like Obligation or Duty. I appreciate what they were going for, but it's just annoying in practice. It's, like, too much bookkeeping for how abstract it is. At least it's easy to ignore (and incorporate through simple roleplaying instead).

I feel like I'd want some kind of mechanical system for light and dark force stuff, but maybe that's just because I've come to expect it from other games.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

homullus posted:

How is a number that gets looked at once per session and that is largely static "too much bookkeeping"?

I'm incredibly lazy.