Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Kaza42 posted:

They still cancel out, so they would apply one advantage

Not cancelling out Advantage and Threat on a crafting roll is a common house rule (likely originating from just that same misreading) and I happen to like it. A crafted item with multiple positive and negative quirks is just more interesting than an item with one or two only making it "better" or "worse".

Could it lead to overpowered gear? Sure, even with rolled drawbacks. But if I saw that happening at my table I'd talk to the player about my concerns and try to come to an agreement on how to tune it down a notch or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Fuzz posted:

I tried this. People turned into fascist shitbirds real fast and I killed the game because it became gross.

EDIT: To clarify, one player became a mega-fascist shitbird and sucked all the air out of the room and drove off the other players.

Oh poo poo, is that what happened? I'm kinda glad I had to drop out early, then.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Epi Lepi posted:

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but also sad to this thread is dead.

Has anyone tried this game out in Foundry and are there any specific resources for it out there? Any must have modules?

There have been occasional brief discussions of Foundry here as recently as just before the thread died. I think the general impression is that the basic system that's out there for it works well. OggDude's character generator imports well into the Foundry SWRPG plug-in. I don't think any specific modules were mentioned.

I do want to mention (for anyone still following the thread) that Edge Studios has actually shipped reprints of the three Beginner Boxes and the dice sets - they're showing up in FLGSs according to reports.

No word yet on new material one way or the other. I for one remain stubbornly hopeful.