Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
ICSA 63: The Best Thing You’ve Never Tasted

Lembas, stuff from Oryx and Crake, butterbeer, the entirety of the Redwall series, lemoncakes from those rape books goons are obsessed with, if you don’t have fictional food you’ve always wanted to do a version of it’s because you’re a shameful husk of a thing. Get out of my thread.

For the rest of you!

Rules:
-Three courses. One must be a dessert. You can do more if you want to do more, do what seems good to you!

-All dishes must appear in a work of fiction. I don’t care what work, I’m not here to judge your lovely taste in books or movies or music or whatever, but I really want to know why you picked what you picked. It seems like there’s basically endless source material.

-Obviously a lot of stuff requires like magic and spaceships and two headed men and stuff so there’s some degree of flexibility but if your dish is Bantha milk and you serve a glass of milk you need to have a really good explanation for how you made it taste like space yak juice
EDIT: I HAVE BEEN APPRISED THAT BANTHA MILK IS BLUE. IF YOUR BANTHA MILK IS NOT BLUE, YOU NEED A GOOD EXPLANATION.

Deadline:

DEADLINE: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER SEVENTH, TWENTY FOURTEEN

-This is p flexible, but I sometimes think these get a little unfair if someone asks for extra time the last weekend (because other people could have used that time too!) so I’m a lot more likely to give the go ahead if you say something a week ahead

First Prize: 35 dollar gift certificate to Penzey’s or Amazon or really anywhere you’d like

Chairman’s Choice: A terrific mystery prize that is largely dependent on your actual entry! When I decided to do a chairman prize the initial idea was to hunt for an old copy of a book you chose, which might not be viable in some cases. It’ll be something along those lines.

Most Effort for the Least Payoff Award: A forums upgrade of your choice or ten dollar gift card somewhere

ALLEZ IMAGINARY CUISINE

Gourd of Taste fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
Hi! please do it'll validate me/ our continued friendship

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Should all the dishes be from the same work of fiction? Or could we have three dishes from three disparate works of fiction?

Absolutely have three dishes from three disparate works!

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Suspect Bucket posted:

Should we use a published and established recipe, or is creativity rewarded more?

I ask only because

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/The_Redwall_Cookbook

I dont own it and the recipes online are shiiiiit

Be creative! I mean if a recipe you find is, in your heart, the only correct way to make a thing, go for it. But I'm all about you using your imagination and coming up with awesome ways to make stuff!

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Suspect Bucket posted:

Cool. And can I do all Redwall dishes? I've got IDEAS.

Of course!

Cranberry Jam posted:

Does this include video/computer games?

Definitely!

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Steve Yun posted:

Rule question: can I make a dessert that didn't appear in my fictional work of choice, but would obviously and undoubtedly fit into the universe of said fictional work?

My wife and I are torn on this! But you seem to feel pretty strongly about it, so how about PM me the details/explanation and we'll make it work? I'm definitely open to loose interpretations so we can figure something out.

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
Oh definitely, as long as it's interesting!

Like to use the Redwall example, strawberry cordial is definitely a thing that exists in the real world, but it would be totally and completely appropriate for this contest too

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
You are all smart and lovely and entries are CLOSED. I'll make a voting thread today or tomorrow and we'll determine our winners!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Croatoan posted:

I am still unable to cast judgement.

PLEASE PASS YOUR IRRELEVANT JUDGEMENT CORAT
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663962

• Locked thread