Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
yea
blood
urine
vomit
View Results

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They turned Nikki so that Steph wouldn't be wrestling and the feud could continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

oatgan posted:

They turned Nikki so that Steph wouldn't be wrestling and the feud could continue

:( Ignore what I said, I would rather watch Steph hoss through a match than a Nikki match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope they call back to that time Nikki was super unsupportive when Brie wanted to make centrepieces for her wedding on Total Divas. Buys.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dexo posted:

:( Ignore what I said, I would rather watch Steph hoss through a match than a Nikki match.

Too late, you already got your wish. Nikki matches all the way down.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

My main problem with Steph's match is she didn't take a page out of HHH's book and let us relive his glorious Wrestlemania entrance.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tornhelm posted:

My main problem with Steph's match is she didn't take a page out of HHH's book and let us relive his glorious Wrestlemania entrance.

Oh god, a chainmail cloak, giant tiara and oiled up NXT guys falling in front of her so she never touches the floor between the stage and ring? That would've been AMAZING.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm rewatching the main event and immediately after the first F5 there was a dueling "Let's go Lesnar" "Let's go Brock" chant.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Shoehead posted:

I'm rewatching the main event and immediately after the first F5 there was a dueling "Let's go Lesnar" "Let's go Brock" chant.

lmao

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

Oh god, a chainmail cloak, giant tiara and oiled up NXT guys falling in front of her so she never touches the floor between the stage and ring? That would've been AMAZING.

Oiled up NXT guys? Someone's taking this fantasy a bit too far...

Anyways... Nikki's horrible acting after that heel turn really took me out of it. She acted like she was forced to do it and looked sad. If they were going to turn her, I wanted a cackling Nikki raising Stephanie's hand all the way to the back. I suppose this is asking too much for of a Bella when it comes to acting.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Nikki's turn was solely to set up JBL saying Bryan is an adultering jerk who doesn't recognize his own wife during a Brie vs Nikki match.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

oldskool posted:

Nikki's turn was solely to set up JBL saying Bryan is an adultering jerk who doesn't recognize his own wife during a Brie vs Nikki match.

Followed by Jerry Lawler mentioning exactly how you can tell the Bella's apart?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Astro7x posted:

She acted like she was forced to do it and looked sad.
Which was doubly weird because both Steph and Trips looked surprised, so I guess she did it of her own choosing?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Neither Bella can emote at all in the ring or in promos, they have the charisma of damp rags. And as typical of the women's division they're dreadful at wrestling. I was hoping Brie could go over and then we'd never have to see or hear of this on WWE TV ever again. Instead they made it worse, because the only person who could carry the angle at all, Stephanie, is now on the sideline.

Women's wrestling in WWE is always terrible to begin with, that's not news, but at least most of them have an iota of charisma. This on the other hand is going to be absolutely god-awful.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bring back Maryse.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Dexo posted:

Steph should definitely not wrestle more, It was well hidden, but holy poo poo Stephanie was limited as hell.

It works every once in a while as a special event. But She would get exposed badly if she had to work matches regularly.

Her mobility makes Kevin Nash look like Daniel Bryan.

But enough about Roman Reigns.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Maryse actually was more capable and more charismatic than all of the people mentioned above. The wrong Mizanin returned!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Dexo posted:

Steph should definitely not wrestle more, It was well hidden, but holy poo poo Stephanie was limited as hell.

It works every once in a while as a special event. But She would get exposed badly if she had to work matches regularly.

Her mobility makes Kevin Nash look like Daniel Bryan.

That said I did love the match, I was expecting the worst, but they wrestled the exact match that they needed to, to hide both of their deficiencies.

Plus Trips loving sold a Brie Bella Baseball slide like death in this the year of our lord 2014.

While I agree, as much as I've been loving Steph, she is limited. But they've clearly made sure that she does those limited moves really well, which is the best thing to do with someone in that situation. She also has suddenly developed charisma, whether it's on the mic or in the ring. I'm not sure when it happened but it did. The problem with the feud now is that it's Nikki Vs Brie, and they're not as good or interesting as WWE seems to want them to be.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

pressedbunny posted:

Maryse actually was more capable and more charismatic than all of the people mentioned above. The wrong Mizanin returned!

However we got Johnny Cage and that you have to admit is pretty awesome.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

DrVenkman posted:

While I agree, as much as I've been loving Steph, she is limited. But they've clearly made sure that she does those limited moves really well, which is the best thing to do with someone in that situation. She also has suddenly developed charisma, whether it's on the mic or in the ring. I'm not sure when it happened but it did. The problem with the feud now is that it's Nikki Vs Brie, and they're not as good or interesting as WWE seems to want them to be.

By itself Brie vs Nikki would suck. However I think it has potential as another branch of the Authority storyline with other people to play off of.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Tornhelm posted:

Would be kind of hard to make Steph look like the Sindel to H^3's Shao Khan

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
If Cena comes out this week, fans better chant you got beat during all of his promos.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 18, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

NutritiousSnack posted:

If Cena comes out this week, fans better chant you got beat during all of us promos.

If Cena is on tv this week I'll be shocked.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Would be kind of hard to make Steph look like the Sindel to H^3's Shao Khan

And Brock already took the ' you will die' taunts

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Retail Slave posted:

If Cena is on tv this week I'll be shocked.

He's being advertised, with the Network renewals coming up I bet it's 'all hands on deck from now until NoC, get those subscribers to stick'.

EDIT: Though I suppose 'on TV' and 'at show' is different what with Dark Mains.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NutritiousSnack posted:

If Cena comes out this week, fans better chant you got beat during all of his promos.

"GER-MAN SU-PLEX" clap clap clapclapclap or I riot*.

*sulk at my computer

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

"GER-MAN SU-PLEX" clap clap clapclapclap or I riot*.

*sulk at my computer

GER-MAN SUPLEEEEEEEEEEX GER-MAN SUPLEEEEEEEEEEEX

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sky Shadowing posted:

He's being advertised, with the Network renewals coming up I bet it's 'all hands on deck from now until NoC, get those subscribers to stick'.

EDIT: Though I suppose 'on TV' and 'at show' is different what with Dark Mains.

You've gotta sell that beating from last night. If he shows up on Raw tonight, even if he is on crutches or limps or is in a wheelchair or an iron lung, it takes a bit away from it. He has to be "in the hospital" tonight or something.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

You've gotta sell that beating from last night. If he shows up on Raw tonight, even if he is on crutches or limps or is in a wheelchair or an iron lung, it takes a bit away from it. He has to be "in the hospital" tonight or something.

Seriously, even have him give his speech on Smackdown or something.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Retail Slave posted:

The best way for Cena to sell the beating he took last night would be to never appear on TV again.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They already bleeped out JBL's "Jesus Christ!" from the Network. There are also a few chucklefucks in the front row chanting "Borrrrring!" at that point in the match.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I liked the way they bleeped it on the Network and during the live broadcast: They leave in Jesus, but censor Christ. If you're gonna bleep it, do it in a way where we know what he said. I was just watching the SS Replay on the network, so unless they changed it to a full bleep since then that's how it is now.

I can't imagine Cena not being there in some capacity. Maybe the middle ground that makes PSP happy is a video sent in from Cena while he's at the hospital?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

NowonSA posted:

I liked the way they bleeped it on the Network and during the live broadcast: They leave in Jesus, but censor Christ. If you're gonna bleep it, do it in a way where we know what he said. I was just watching the SS Replay on the network, so unless they changed it to a full bleep since then that's how it is now.

I can't imagine Cena not being there in some capacity. Maybe the middle ground that makes PSP happy is a video sent in from Cena while he's at the hospital?

I could grudgingly accept this. However, if I had the book Cena would not appear on the live show tonight. Show all the clips you want, but he wouldn't be there live.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Cena's music hits and he walks out after the rapadoo, throwing his hands up, one of them with a mic. He goes to the ring and gives a 15 minute long serious-face I know everyone doesn't like me but I'm gonna come back and I'm gonna beat him, Jack! promo.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Retail Slave posted:

I could grudgingly accept this. However, if I had the book Cena would not appear on the live show tonight. Show all the clips you want, but he wouldn't be there live.

Counterpoint: Cena should come out in a wheelchair and start to tell the audience that although it'll be a long, hard road, he'll be back, and they should never give up. Then Brock kicks him off the ramp and as the medics scramble after him, Heyman cuts a 20 minute promo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They already bleeped out JBL's "Jesus Christ!" from the Network. There are also a few chucklefucks in the front row chanting "Borrrrring!" at that point in the match.

It was like that "live" too. Must have five second delay. Unless the Jesus is gone too. But on the stream it sounded like "JESUS C____T!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

john cena coming out to cut an emotional promo about how he failed us all and brock lesnar is satan sounds a-okay to me

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

fatherdog posted:

Counterpoint: Cena should come out in a wheelchair and start to tell the audience that although it'll be a long, hard road, he'll be back, and they should never give up. Then Brock kicks him off the ramp and as the medics scramble after him, Heyman cuts a 20 minute promo.

Ok, I'd mark for that. Just shove him off the stage like he threw Zach Gowen down the stairs.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
Caught a replay - great PPV. Can't wait to see where they go from here.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was like that "live" too. Must have five second delay. Unless the Jesus is gone too. But on the stream it sounded like "JESUS C____T!"

Thanks to the new era we live in, re-airings of the PPV will be edited to have JBL say, "Jesus Bitch."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cena spotted at raw tonight:

• Locked thread