Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
yea
blood
urine
vomit
View Results

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The_Rob posted:

I hate that I have to keep saying this but Reigns is not a bad wrestler at all. He has a decent grasp of psychology, he can bump well, and he is full of confidence in the ring. He just does his few moves because every wrestler in wwe has 5 moves.

I didn't say he was a bad wrestler, I said he had a very limited moveset. He's a fine tag team powerhouse but I'm afraid that he'll be badly exposed in a 20 minute PPV singles match unless he spends the majority of that on the ground with Randy releasing the doves above him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The_Rob posted:

I hate that I have to keep saying this but Reigns is not a bad wrestler at all. He has a decent grasp of psychology, he can bump well, and he is full of confidence in the ring. He just does his few moves because every wrestler in wwe has 5 moves.

I don't disagree about everyone having 5 moves, I think he just needs a few more transitional things he's comfortable using aside from his signature spots. I don't think he's like far off from having a good Big Man Moveset, he's close.

We'll see tonight, with some decent time against Orton, maybe he'll show off a few more things.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hey guys here's hoping Brock Lesnar wins the match like everyone wants him to!

If not then

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just think it's funny how people here act like Reigns is the most green mother fucker to ever get in a ring. People act like he has never delivered a move more advanced than a snapmare.

You guys are right though, he hasn't really had an extended singles match yet. So tonight will be his night to show us something from him.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I mean yeah he's not a technical master right now but it's not like this match is even in the top 3 most heavily advertised matches on the card. Giving him decent length PVP singles matches with good opponents to develop his ability is exactly what they should be doing with him regardless of future plans, so could we at least wait for the main event runs before we get all salty at that lazy fucker Roman and his overpushed Kevin Nash ability.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oldpainless posted:

Hey guys here's hoping Brock Lesnar wins the match like everyone wants him to!

If not then

I wonder if we could get Brock vs. Batista :allears:

E: whoops, meant to edit that in.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
just a reminder: tonight is the debut of mamas boy.

please look forward to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejR8PSwgw0E

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Blasmeister posted:

I mean yeah he's not a technical master right now but it's not like this match is even in the top 3 most heavily advertised matches on the card. Giving him decent length PVP singles matches with good opponents to develop his ability is exactly what they should be doing with him regardless of future plans, so could we at least wait for the main event runs before we get all salty at that lazy fucker Roman and his overpushed Kevin Nash ability.

I'm actually intrigued about his Randy match; it's the first 1 on 1 match PPV match I've seen of Roman's so it's going to be a real showcase of how far he can go/what he needs to work on. I'd rather he were working with a more dynamic worker, but Randy's usually good yardstick on how far someone's come, so I'll hold off on poo-pooing it until I've seen the result.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

I wonder if we could get Brock vs. Batista :allears:

He said in an interview that he wants to work with his good friend Titus O'Neil.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Do you guys really not like Roman Reigns? I feel like Vince, I love that size and look. I honestly really do like Reigns though, I wish they would let him do a bit more. Ever since they came out with the Suberman punch for him it seems like all he gets to do is that and the spear.

I'm a fan.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

This won't be a popular opinion, but I would have liked to have seen Reigns vs Kane at the PPV. Have Reigns completely destroy him in 4 minutes while ripping his mask off and maybe busting out a submission finisher in the process.

I have faith that the Orton match will be good, but Randy's about the worst guy to be in the ring with if things don't go so well.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I bet Sheamus could get a hell of a match out of Roman Reigns.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Reigns is a little green but not bad at all in the ring, but he really needs to find some kind of hook or character for his interviews because they're all really bland right now. He's coasting on charisma and the fact that he's over but the more he has to talk the less he'll be able to do that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Reigns is cool and his poo poo looks good. I hope he keeps doing it but also does more cool stuff in the future as he continues to improve and develop

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This looks like a really good card and I hope it lives up to its potential.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Reigns is cool and his poo poo looks good. I hope he keeps doing it but also does more cool stuff in the future as he continues to improve and develop

All of his poo poo except his gear. His gear is just poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah for real. They made the tactical vest look like utter poo poo, and his pants look like something from hot topic in 2001.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed. The "Not SHIELD" gear looks so cheap and lame.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bartok posted:

I bet Sheamus could get a hell of a match out of Roman Reigns.

this, loved the slugfests between sheamus and barrett, need to see reigns get in the ring with THE FELLA

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Did you like the Shield gear? Or dislike his new slimmer almost super hero gear? Personally I think it's fine.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Did you like the Shield gear? Or dislike his new slimmer almost super hero gear? Personally I think it's fine.

the color highlights and the padding on the vest look goofy

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Cross posting from the network thread. Anyone else's network saying summerslam starts at 9pm as opposed to 8pm?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

The Shield gear was great, the shrunken Matt Hardy pants are not.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Reigns is fine but not as fine as my boy john Cena THE CHAMP IS here!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MrDru posted:

Cross posting from the network thread. Anyone else's network saying summerslam starts at 9pm as opposed to 8pm?

No, mine says 8PM.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ravishing roman reigns

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

reigns owns

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Asmodai_00 posted:

reigns owns

Does that mean Kofi (kind of) owns?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Yes, especially since that slap perfectly parted Miz's hair.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Hitting Miz is always a face move and always a good idea.

My favorite example of this was when we had three weeks in a row of

Stephanie: "Show, HIT HIM OR YOU'RE FIRED!"

Big Show: *Agonizes for six minutes, then finally reluctantly hits guy.*

we then got

Stephanie: "Show, HIT HIM OR Y-"

Big Show: *instantly KOs Miz*

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, I forgot how loving good this Punk Lesnar match was.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fatherdog posted:

we then got

Also when Punk slapped Shannon Moore.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
You know even though it sucks that Rollins vs Dean is a lumberjack match. I believe that if any two dudes can make it work it's those two.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Dexo posted:

Man, I forgot how loving good this Punk Lesnar match was.

God, I wish I'd gotten into wrestling before Punk retired. :smith:

edit: OH MY GOD THE LOOK ON PUNK'S FACE WHEN HEYMAN BREAKS UP THE PIN AND SLOWLY REALIZES HE'S IN THE RING WITH A PISSED PUNK :allears: :neckbeard:

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 17, 2014

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

kofi owns

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That Brock/Punk match was goddamn near perfect and makes me want to see Brock/Bryan at WM more than anything.

E: Thought this was the live stream thread. Whatever.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I completely forgot Lesnar won.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Here to watch Cena get beaten into a pile of gore.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fatherdog posted:

we then got

I remember that. That's when they kept trying to give Big Show Daniel Bryan's yes chant and it ended with him in a diaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I remember that. That's when they kept trying to give Big Show Daniel Bryan's yes chant and it ended with him in a diaper.

Daniel Bryan is just catchphrase over

• Locked thread