Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

matrix ripoff posted:

good things rare did:
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Banjo Kazooie
everything else you have to make excuses for

edit: http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/14/i-dont-want-the-rare-brand-to-mean-kinect-sports-says-xbox-boss/

ehem, we already established that rc pro am is tight as heck. please amend your list unless you left it out on purpose in which case you are a total shitbird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Awesome Welles posted:

yeah but didn't that poo poo have that weird twist where it basically asked you to go back and play every level to find the loving polar bear things you missed, or was that poo poo optional

yeah but a ton of games from that era had artificially inflated play times created by needless and annoying backtracking. there were some new areas and levels to access at that point too so it could have been worse.

i really loved that game but will probably never play it again for fear it isn't as good as i remember.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

donkey kong 64 was the zenith of collectathon hell

i know a lot of yall aren't LP fans but you gotta watch Dazzling Addar's LP of that game. he goes into it saying it's one of his favorite games ever and ends up saying it sucks

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Y-Hat posted:

donkey kong 64 was the zenith of collectathon hell

i know a lot of yall aren't LP fans but you gotta watch Dazzling Addar's LP of that game. he goes into it saying it's one of his favorite games ever and ends up saying it sucks

There was one month I decided I would marathon all the dkc games and finish it up with dk64.

I blasted through dkc 1 and 2 having a great time, dkc 3 was a little bit of a struggle because the levels were a lot less fun, and then I hit dk64 and quit in disgust shortly after the first boss.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only good thing about DK64 was lanky kong. make a game where he is the only playable kong

Soral
May 30, 2009

suggestion: a lanky kong and waluigi team-up game

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
DK64 is Banjo-Kazooie except instead of 20 moves in basically 1 character they spread 5 unique moves across 5. With Banjo-Tooie world sizes and 5X the collectibles.

I actually 101%ed that game without looking at a guide a few months ago, first time playing it. There's A LOT of bullshit.

It's basically Jetpac/Donkey Kong Arcade Double Pack with a bonus lovely game.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

CBFD's multiplayer is among the best on 64. story mode could have used more work.

Conker Live & Reloaded multiplayer in 2005 is also among the best on the Xbox one. Hardly anyone played it because so many dismissed the game entirely due to the censored swearing in the campaign (which kind of made it funnier actually), plus it was an exclusive and XBL was in it's infancy at the time.

It had way more depth than Halo 2 and a revolutionary multiplayer campaign, like a mashup of Enemy Territory+Team Fortress+Battlefield+Tribes+ME3 co-op. I mean if Conker Reloaded were released today, it would blow people's minds compared to Titanfall. It even had a cable car map similar to 007 Nightfire.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Golden bananas - 201
Coloured bananas - 3500
Banana medals - 40
Banana fairies - 20
Blueprints - 40
Boss keys - 8
Crowns - 10

+ the Nintendo coin :argh: and Rareware coin

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Conker was fun. The Banjo games too but I never game nuts n bolts much of a chance.

I don't get why they made star fox games into action adventure games instead of jet fighting.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Action Tortoise posted:

Conker was fun. The Banjo games too but I never game nuts n bolts much of a chance.

I don't get why they made star fox games into action adventure games instead of jet fighting.

Because furries aren't autistic enough to jerk off to jet fighters.

I hope.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Krampus Grewcock posted:

I hope.

Consider your hopes shattered.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Krampus Grewcock posted:

I hope.

http://i.imgur.com/B2CyhFh.jpg :nws: probably (especially if you work for the us navy)

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I played the poo poo out of that WW2 map in Conker's Bad Fur Day and that + the poo monster are all I really remember

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Knives in Conker multiplayer could sort of home in on targets and tediz could take more fall damage than squirrels.

The best weapon was the katana because your sound bytes were replaced with martial arts yelling and two shotting an enemy lopped off their heads.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i used to think perfect dark was a really good game but when i tried playing it again i didn't realize how terrible the framerate and controls actually were

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

Knives in Conker multiplayer could sort of home in on targets and tediz could take more fall damage than squirrels.

The best weapon was the katana because your sound bytes were replaced with martial arts yelling and two shotting an enemy lopped off their heads.

man, I had forgotten how much fun the conker multiplayer was. I should pull mine out and invite the guys over

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Soral posted:

http://i.imgur.com/B2CyhFh.jpg :nws: probably (especially if you work for the us navy)

Oh for gently caress's sake.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Soral posted:

if it's not boeing i'm not going cumming

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

LaTex Fetish posted:

man, I had forgotten how much fun the conker multiplayer was. I should pull mine out and invite the guys over

it owns, it's like a mix of goldeneye and mario party.

the remakes multiplayer is cool, but it's still just a console shooter so w/e

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

LaTex Fetish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzh0F5N7XqI

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
There needs to be a battletoads reboot but I know if they did it then it would be too much of a "throwback" and end up being pointless to play. But it still needs to be done.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zelgadis posted:

There needs to be a battletoads reboot

not really mate

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
So stoked to see the imps recognizing the greatness of Conkers multiplayer. My friends and I were shocked at how fun that multiplayer was.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

battletoads were a half-assed ninja turtles ripoff and there's no chance in hell that anybody, let alone rare, will make a game a tenth as hard as the NES version was

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
conker BFD's multiplayer was awesome. conker live and reloaded xbl multiplayer was fun as hell too until everyone found out how to exploit. then every game was max rank sky marshals dropping bombs into the spawn room from outside the map or spies driving infinite ammo drone bombs into the enemy flag room. rip both of them

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

super rc pro am and the dk gb games were pretty impressive for the time

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

JethroMcB posted:

if it's not boeing i'm not going cumming
it's okay 'go' (行) means 'to cum' in nihongo (japanesu)

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuZHHIb9EY

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Phoenixan posted:

i used to think perfect dark was a really good game but when i tried playing it again i didn't realize how terrible the framerate and controls actually were

The XBLA remake doesn't have the slowdown and multi-player really loses a lot of its appeal when you can't explode a thing and slow everyone's game down to a crawl for 20 seconds straight. Also they fixed the hilarious bug where the severe poison/sedate/slap damage screen blur filters didn't reset on respawns. Game: ruined.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Phoenixan posted:

get it on xbox live, its a straight port without the slowdown

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

the best thing about N64 Perfect Dark was the "Perfect Darkness" cheat. It turns out all the lights so everything is pitch black BUT if you use the laser gun, it can light up rooms and stuff. If you switch it to the laser sword, the sword will constantly light up a single room.

My bro and I used to run around the Ravine level playing "laser tag". Perfect Darkness, only laser guns. AI didn't know what the funk to do in the darkness.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Snackula posted:

The XBLA remake doesn't have the slowdown and multi-player really loses a lot of its appeal when you can't explode a thing and slow everyone's game down to a crawl for 20 seconds straight. Also they fixed the hilarious bug where the severe poison/sedate/slap damage screen blur filters didn't reset on respawns. Game: ruined.

rip n-bombs only on facility w/ kazesims

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
why do people praise Nuts and Bolts when, for all its "creativity," it had a million missions that required you to use a certain vehicle, and all of them fell right over if you made a greater-than-five-degrees turn

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

why do people praise Nuts and Bolts when, for all its "creativity," it had a million missions that required you to use a certain vehicle, and all of them fell right over if you made a greater-than-five-degrees turn

lol that you are this bad at the game.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
why is there absolutely nothing else like or in-the-vein-of Blast Corps

just loving do Crackdown, add destructible terrain and buildings and replace all the agents with Michael Bay Tonka toys. just a big open world game that's nothing but strategically clearing paths for wienermobiles.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

rare does not want to do another blast corps game, they've said as much

sad but true

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

i remember enjoying jet force gemini but i also remember literally nothing about it

the n64 banjo games remain to be some of my favorite to this day though tbh

also anybody who still has fond memories of DK64 hasn't actually booted it up now that they're an adult or their opinion would be v different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

why is there absolutely nothing else like or in-the-vein-of Blast Corps

just loving do Crackdown, add destructible terrain and buildings and replace all the agents with Michael Bay Tonka toys. just a big open world game that's nothing but strategically clearing paths for wienermobiles.

red faction guerrilla came close by allowing you to flatten military bases by driving dump trucks into them, repeatedly

• Locked thread