Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

I might AND I will.

good

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Liquid Penguins posted:

Did anyone who liked fez not use a walkthrough? P sure only idiots got anything out of that mess.

I liked the more straightforward parts, but yeah I didn't waste a minute on the ridiculous puzzles. Doesn't Phil Fish know that people who enjoy deciphering boring messages can just go out and buy books full of boring ciphered messages? Like, it's really not necessary to tack it on to an otherwise decent game.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

yeah, the clock puzzle and the rune puzzle in particular are what made me look up a walkthrough. i'm dumb and collected all the cube pieces because i figured i'd get a lovely ending if i didn't. the ending is pr much the same either way. but hey, at least it looked nice and the music was pr enjoyable.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

liquid courage posted:

yeah, the clock puzzle and the rune puzzle in particular are what made me look up a walkthrough. i'm dumb and collected all the cube pieces because i figured i'd get a lovely ending if i didn't. the ending is pr much the same either way. but hey, at least it looked nice and the music was pr enjoyable.

You type like a fucktard.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
if phil fish makes another game i bet the story is that someone has taken a full bag of scrabble tiles and thrown them on the floor. your goal is to arrange them all in the correct order, which is not even hinted at. the correct order doesn't spell out anything interesting, it's just an arbitrary arrangement. the only way to figure it out is trial and error. it will win numerous awards before it is released and receive universal praise

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

Wormskull posted:

I wiped my rear end with Fez.

:thumbsup:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
phil fish presents: np-complete

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

DoubleDonut posted:

Fez has worse jumping physics than Little Big Planet.

Im going to cut you for even comparing this game to LBP

Im going to cut you online

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Megafunk posted:

I'm going to tell the police.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

phil fish presents: np-complete

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I drag phil's cut to $0 and send him a photo every time fez is in a humble bundle

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ceyton posted:

didn't read but fez is extremely overrated

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Megafunk posted:

yeah if you think LBP had good jumping then I doubt they let you anywhere near sharp objects

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The Best Gamers review of Fez is good

e: Liquid Penguins :hfive:

yeah except i don't think he gives the soundtrack enough credit- Disasterpeace is a legit good composer and very good with chiptunes. if you don't like the aesthetic that's fine, but acting like it's just so easy to make because it's all low-fi chip sounds is real dumb

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
phil fish is the bottom of the barrel, the epitome of every stereotype of the indie game idiot dev community. i watched people care about fez for years while i reclined in my gamer's throne, chill in hte knowledge that it's a poo poo game for loving posers. oh, god, those pixel graphics look so deliciously nostalgic!!! oh, revolutionary gameplay that sucks and puzzles that do the same, cranked out over a ridiculous period of time by a loser best known for his tweets. oh, it got released and i didn't hear a single person who matters get excited about it. oh, phil fish does not matter to history and will die without having achieved a single impressive, truly revolutionary work of art in his whole life. Im still sittin back, lmfaoing at your life's work, a gigantic poo poo midden. now doomed to be the only one of its kind after its creator's infinitesimal dick fell out of his rear end and his underpantes got in a bunch. Die, indiefag fialure. your move, phildiots...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:staredog:

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
i don't even care whether fez is good as a game or not, which it isn't. it deserves to be completely forgotten just so phil fish can watch all this poo poo he's put so much effort into vanish into dust and blow away while his wasted life fails to generate any acclaim whatsoever. the idea of spending years on an indie game and treating it like a big work of art is just laughable when the result is yet another pixel puzzle platformer. like, i tend to think of really good innovative art as heavily influencing the work that comes after it. what could games possibly get from fez. the stupid random hat? the game mechanics Super Paper Mario, and that was not a great work of art, already did with more fun ideas and a more attractive style? maybe it's the unfathomable puzzles? oh, lol, yeah, i've played La Mulana

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i wanna take a diarrhea dump on this indie game!

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

you are right and This game deserves to have a dump upon it taken. if he had just made a really small, quick game five years before the actual release date or however long it took him, it would've been fine. I bet it would've been a cute and fun game that had an interesting gimmick while staying humble and personable, which is a nice look for indie games. But no, Phil Fish had to make an epic. An epic fail more like!!

edit: Been thinking about this for a while now - if Phil Fish posts on here, I will buy plat to PM him a challenge, a gentlemans duel, if you will, where I will poo poo on him in person. I will poo poo on Phil Fish face to face

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 17, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

swastikas are cool, and he's right

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

fez blows

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

bhlaab posted:

fez blows

wait getting blown is enjoyable nm

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
phil fish is a turd burglar

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Video Viddy Games posted:

phil fish is a turd burglar

I can confirm this

he sucked the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat last night

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Liquid Penguins posted:

I can confirm this

he sucked the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat last night

that sounds like indie game creator phil fish! he must be making his new game "felch"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bhlaab posted:

wait getting blown is enjoyable nm
you havent met me

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

that sounds like indie game creator phil fish! he must be making his new game "felch"

he is still really bad at it

phil fish let me cum in his rear end and then thought he was supposed to suck on mine. I didn't stop him obviously

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Liquid Penguins posted:

he is still really bad at it

phil fish let me cum in his rear end and then thought he was supposed to suck on mine. I didn't stop him obviously

i dont blame you, who would voluntarily give up a rim job??

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

i dont blame you, who would voluntarily give up a rim job??

if it was phil "fishlips" i'd decline

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fez is good and you can beat it with just the cubes lying around and then never play it again, leaving the bullshit puzzles for those who are predisposed to wasting their time

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i liked fez a lot, i thought it was a really good + cool game. it's too bad there won't be a sequel, oh well

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Real hurthling! posted:

fez is good and you can beat it with just the cubes lying around and then never play it again, leaving the bullshit puzzles for those who are predisposed to wasting their time

wow cool you can beat it without solving any of the puzzles, you just have a slow dull platformer where you cant die, this is great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

wow cool you can beat it without solving any of the puzzles, you just have a slow dull platformer where you cant die, this is great

art direction and platforming are good. sorry you can't function without spergy make-work.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
the pixel graphics arent bad but the platforming is terrible

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Phil fish is my boy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fronz posted:

the pixel graphics arent bad but the platforming is terrible

Platforming while switching planes is good. it's no mario in terms of playcontrol but it uses its gimmick real well.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Real hurthling! posted:

Platforming while switching planes is good. it's no mario in terms of playcontrol but it uses its gimmick real well.

I beat all the straightforward platforming parts in a few hours because most of the time, you aren't doing anything more complicated than jumping to the nearest platform and changing perspective if there isn't one close enough. I enjoyed myself a lot for a while until I completed the map and realized that it didn't get much more complicated than that, and also that everything else in the game is one giant deciphering puzzle which I have always found kind tedious and boring irl. The "hell room" is the only part that's even a little challenging, and still manages to be pretty easy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i liked playing around with switching planes while in midair. also easy can be fun.

VVV
That video is all true but still had some fun.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 18, 2014

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

all you need to know about fez (it's poo poo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ifue2xGFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I'd rather be fed Fez intravenously for the rest of my life than play another minute of La-Mulana, so I think Fill Phish did okay.

• Locked thread