Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

for a long time I thought the main character in cave story was in a profile position which I always thought was weird because everybody else is in a 3/4 pose. welp turns out the whole time he was in 3/4 as well. anyway I never played fez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Psycobladder posted:

Phil Fish is bad and dumb,
Fez is average,
Disasterpeace is awesome, the music is the only great thing about the game.

yeah

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Cobweb Heart posted:

phil fish is the bottom of the barrel, the epitome of every stereotype of the indie game idiot dev community. i watched people care about fez for years while i reclined in my gamer's throne, chill in hte knowledge that it's a poo poo game for loving posers. oh, god, those pixel graphics look so deliciously nostalgic!!! oh, revolutionary gameplay that sucks and puzzles that do the same, cranked out over a ridiculous period of time by a loser best known for his tweets. oh, it got released and i didn't hear a single person who matters get excited about it. oh, phil fish does not matter to history and will die without having achieved a single impressive, truly revolutionary work of art in his whole life. Im still sittin back, lmfaoing at your life's work, a gigantic poo poo midden. now doomed to be the only one of its kind after its creator's infinitesimal dick fell out of his rear end and his underpantes got in a bunch. Die, indiefag fialure. your move, phildiots...

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Phil Phish is his game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i though that was felching

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I kinda felt the same way after I played Braid. That game is really not fun and the "deep" story is nonsense, but Jon Blow would probably say that I didn't understand that game so idk.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the later levels of braid made making progress feel like abusing the game. Everything was so janky it was impossible to tell if you were doing it right or getting lucky glitches on your 10th attempt. very off putting.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
john blow is a twit but at least he actually used the gimmick of his platformer to create challenging levels instead of giving up and putting QR codes on walls

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Jonblow got really mad at this video of Soulja Boy owning the poo poo out of him in that one indie game doc so Braid can't be all that bad in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i requested to follow phil fish on twiter but he hasnt replied.

Dec 26, 2012

Abandon posted:

i requested to follow phil fish on twiter but he hasnt replied.

https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH

follow that link and you will understand

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

the thing I liked the most about fez were the little animals, like the cat and the birds and I think there might've been a turtle at one point. what I'm saying is fez should have been a gif file.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

01011001 posted:

https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH

follow that link and you will understand

:o
maybe my follow request was the last request that broke the camels back

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pizzatime posted:

the thing I liked the most about fez were the little animals, like the cat and the birds and I think there might've been a turtle at one point. what I'm saying is fez should have been a gif file.

theres a part where a fox is jumping over a sleeping dog, because thats the room where you are given the entire alphabet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
thats the entire puzzle btw, checking if you get that ref is the puzzle

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres a part where a fox is jumping over a sleeping dog, because thats the room where you are given the entire alphabet

heh, clever. insane for you to figure that out in order to progress in the game tho

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

elf help book posted:

wasn't the last time the quick brown fox was used regularly back in like mac os 5

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

wasn't the last time the quick brown fox was used regularly back in like mac os 5

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the best thing about Braid was the music. goddamn that opening track really gives me chills. i think i like game music more than i like games themselves. am i a true gamer anymore?!

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

elf help book posted:

aaaand gently caress you if english isn't your first language

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

aaaand gently caress you if english isn't your first language

:(

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:dayum:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
you also missed the best post from that thread

phil fish is insane

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Video Viddy Games posted:

phil fish is insane

well there's a 1.5gb file going around of his bank records, address, people he's known, etc.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

LaTex Fetish posted:

well there's a 1.5gb file going around of his bank records, address, people he's known, etc.

that he put on his website

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Liquid Penguins posted:

that he put on his website

it was hacked or some such, but it could be an elaborate joke but i doubt it

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Video Viddy Games posted:

phil fish is insane

hoyl poo poo lous

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
You guys ever heard of horseshoe theory?

It's like that on the Indie <-> AAA spectrum too, i.e. both ultra retro indie art games and triple A hardcore gamer approved titles are made by insane people who vastly overestimate their own competence.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

It says a lot about Phil Fish that I regard it as equally likely that he was doxxed or he doxxed himself. That's mostly because I didn't think anyone else actually cared about him enough to research a 1.5gb file of everything about him. That is a lot of personal information, and only someone who's really seriously insane would go to that level of effort to gently caress with a internet celebrity.

On the other hand, if there's one thing I've learned from my time on the internet, it is that there is no limit to the number of seriously insane people with bizarre fixations. So :shrug:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

LaTex Fetish posted:

it was hacked or some such, but it could be an elaborate joke but i doubt it

yes phil fish and zoe quinn got hacked at the same time, losing access to everything but their personal twitter accounts where they can complain about it

edit: don't forget to donate to patreon so they can make $3000 a month sitting on their asses while taking funds away from actual charitable organizations

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

It says a lot about Phil Fish that I regard it as equally likely that he was doxxed or he doxxed himself. That's mostly because I didn't think anyone else actually cared about him enough to research a 1.5gb file of everything about him. That is a lot of personal information, and only someone who's really seriously insane would go to that level of effort to gently caress with a internet celebrity.

On the other hand, if there's one thing I've learned from my time on the internet, it is that there is no limit to the number of seriously insane people with bizarre fixations. So :shrug:

It was fake from the very first line.

Dec 26, 2012

there is no goddamn way he actually got hacked

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

01011001 posted:

there is no goddamn way he actually got hacked

he probably got phished

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Snackula posted:

he probably got phished

Dec 26, 2012

Snackula posted:

he probably got phished

ugh

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Snackula posted:

he probably got phished

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

why andy kaufman

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pizzatime posted:

why andy kaufman

now you 'get' phil fish