Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
phil fish is the bottom of the barrel, the epitome of every stereotype of the indie game idiot dev community. i watched people care about fez for years while i reclined in my gamer's throne, chill in hte knowledge that it's a poo poo game for loving posers. oh, god, those pixel graphics look so deliciously nostalgic!!! oh, revolutionary gameplay that sucks and puzzles that do the same, cranked out over a ridiculous period of time by a loser best known for his tweets. oh, it got released and i didn't hear a single person who matters get excited about it. oh, phil fish does not matter to history and will die without having achieved a single impressive, truly revolutionary work of art in his whole life. Im still sittin back, lmfaoing at your life's work, a gigantic poo poo midden. now doomed to be the only one of its kind after its creator's infinitesimal dick fell out of his rear end and his underpantes got in a bunch. Die, indiefag fialure. your move, phildiots...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
i don't even care whether fez is good as a game or not, which it isn't. it deserves to be completely forgotten just so phil fish can watch all this poo poo he's put so much effort into vanish into dust and blow away while his wasted life fails to generate any acclaim whatsoever. the idea of spending years on an indie game and treating it like a big work of art is just laughable when the result is yet another pixel puzzle platformer. like, i tend to think of really good innovative art as heavily influencing the work that comes after it. what could games possibly get from fez. the stupid random hat? the game mechanics Super Paper Mario, and that was not a great work of art, already did with more fun ideas and a more attractive style? maybe it's the unfathomable puzzles? oh, lol, yeah, i've played La Mulana

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

you are right and This game deserves to have a dump upon it taken. if he had just made a really small, quick game five years before the actual release date or however long it took him, it would've been fine. I bet it would've been a cute and fun game that had an interesting gimmick while staying humble and personable, which is a nice look for indie games. But no, Phil Fish had to make an epic. An epic fail more like!!

edit: Been thinking about this for a while now - if Phil Fish posts on here, I will buy plat to PM him a challenge, a gentlemans duel, if you will, where I will poo poo on him in person. I will poo poo on Phil Fish face to face

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 17, 2014

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

spend your money on anything but fez and have a better time

throwing your money down a storm grate will produce more visceral emotion, and about equal confusion as to why you're doing what you're doing. then go loving play cave story or, idk, milon's secret castle

phil fish should be taken to a waste treatment plant so they can filter him out of society

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

sharrrk posted:

i don't know if phil fish is good or bad or w/e but i think it's weird how much people seem to care about him. he's just an indie dev, right? why does anything he says matter to you

Youve seen the evidence in this very thread, with your own eyes. Phil Fish has spoken out against gamers - against GAMES. He should, nay, MUST, be viciously tortured with high-quality burns and sick insults from the safety of our Imp Stronghold.

• Locked thread